Football (The Beautiful Game)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
Basically, this is a Thread for the discusion of the EUROPEAN version of Football, not the Amercan one, so for all you Americans its a Soccer thread.

Well for those who dont know, im a Jolly young Englishman, I was raised a Liverpool Supporter from probably bofore my birth, but as i got older, i started to watch my Hometown Club: Stoke City so in essence i support the 2 teams all thoguh in times of Crisis im a Liverpool fan through and through.........

How about the rest of you?

Hello, i'm a 20 almost 21 year old Dutchman and i wasn't raised as a supporter for football that all came later in my life and so you might think that i like the Dutch teams like Ajax or Feyenoord but that is far from true (Well to honest i kinda like Ajax too if i'm not watching english football), i like the English teams more. Some of the teams i like is:

-Manchester
-Liverpool
-Newcastle United
-Arsenal
-Chelsea

Its kinda hard for to decide on which team i should be cheering for, so i'll just cheer for those i named above all at the moment. Their all excelent team's with great players. Although mostly i haven't got the time to watch football cause of work and school and stuff like that.

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jun 22 2008, 12:59 PM)
Hello, i'm a 20 almost 21 year old Dutchman and i wasn't raised as a supporter for football that all came later in my life and so you might think that i like the Dutch teams like Ajax or Feyenoord but that is far from true (Well to honest i kinda like Ajax too if i'm not watching english football), i like the English teams more. Some of the teams i like is:

-Manchester
-Liverpool
-Newcastle United
-Arsenal
-Chelsea
When you say Manchester, do you mean Manchester United or Manchester City or how about both?

Chukko, if you want when the Premiership season kicks off, if you want i could see about sending you the highlights of most of the matches if your interested?

But that is very interesting, so you will choose English football over Dutch anytime then?

What about if Ajax vs. an English team? Who would you go for then?

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jun 25 2008, 12:26 PM)When you say Manchester, do you mean Manchester United or Manchester City or how about both?

Chukko, if you want when the Premiership season kicks off, if you want i could see about sending you the highlights of most of the matches if your interested?

But that is very interesting, so you will choose English football over Dutch anytime then?

What about if Ajax vs. an English team? Who would you go for then?Ow sorry, i mean't Manchester United and yeah i am interested for the highlights for the matches.
Yes i would choose English football over Dutch football mosty, i kinda depends what teams are playing. For example, if New castle united is playing i would defently watch that over any dutch that is going on, on the same time.

If Ajax has to play a match against a English team?.....That's a tough one, well since i'm a bigger fan for the English teams, i think the answer is quite simple
wink.gif

And BTW my name is Chuuko
wink.gif
, not Chukko hehe
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jun 25 2008, 12:26 PM)When you say Manchester, do you mean Manchester United or Manchester City or how about both?
I'm sure they mean Manchester United. They are more successful and play better football. Surprised with Newcastle being one of your teams... Then again do play attacking football. Just a pity their defence is a little suspect and let's not forget their lack of nerve!
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi)Chukko, if you want when the Premiership season kicks off, if you want i could see about sending you the highlights of most of the matches if your interested?
I think lots of people would like highlights to the Premiership!!!
smile.gif
If your gonna post links you might as well post them here!
wink.gif
I know certain fans will watch plenty of the highlights!
rolleyes.gif
Hmm just a shame Beckham doesn't play for Manchester United any more!!!
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jun 25 2008, 12:58 PM)If Ajax has to play a match against a English team?.....That's a tough one, well since i'm a bigger fan for the English teams, i think the answer is quite simple
wink.gif

Hello hello!!!
ohmy.gif
You can't be too mad at Guus Hiddink then!
tongue.gif

I used to be a real football-maniac, even played myself for my local team, Viking FK. (Which also happen to be my favourite team.) Bet you never heard of it, but it's actually among the 4 top teams in Norway, placing 3rd last season if im not mistaken.

Sadly, I dont have time to maintain my passion for football like I used to. Though I try to watch all the biggest matches.

As for my favourite teams, I've already mentioned my number one, but I got a favourite team in nearly each of the major leagues in Europe.

England: Man U (and Leeds, but they're not doing too well at the moment...)
Spain: Barcelona
Italy: Inter Milan
Germany: Bayern München
Denmark: FC Copenhagen/København

Woohoo, I love Futbol. Im a big follower of Spanish La Liga, Bundes Liga abd a bit of Italian. I dont follow the English premier league but that because I cant find a TV channel that features those games.

Favorite Teams:

La Liga: Barcelona, Sevilla, Zaragoza
Bundes liga: Werder Bremen, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart
Italian league: Juventus, Roma, AC Milan
International: Argentina, Spain, Cuba (although they suck)

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jun 25 2008, 01:00 PM)I'm sure they mean Manchester United. They are more successful and play better football. Surprised with Newcastle being one of your teams... Then again do play attacking football. Just a pity their defence is a little suspect and let's not forget their lack of nerve!

Hello hello!!! You can't be too mad at Guus Hiddink then!
Well i guess i have a weak for Newcastle United, i don't know how or when it happened but one day i just liked that team and also i like their football outfits. They had one of my fav players (Alan shearer) although i don't remember if he is still playing football. Shearer was over 30 years old, so i'm not sure if he still plays football.
But look i even got a footballgame of Newcastle United-->

I'm not overly mad at Hiddink, i just don't like the fact that he is coaching Russia. If he was the coach for England then it wouldn't be so bad because next to the Netherlands England is also one of my favourites. I think England has one of the better players just like the Netherlands.
And besides Hiddink ain't so bad, look at this pic of the daily newspaper here:

Here is Hiddink(on the right) that tries to cheer up Van basten(on the left) by giving Van basten a hug, yeah yeah, i know the picture is a bit unclear, but that's because the photo was taken with an older mobile phone. But you can see that it shows Van basten and Hiddink.

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jun 25 2008, 08:51 PM) Well i guess i have a weak for Newcastle United, i don't know how or when it happened but one day i just liked that team and also i like their football outfits. They had one of my fav players (Alan shearer) although i don't remember if he is still playing football. Shearer was over 30 years old, so i'm not sure if he still plays football.

Dude, im calling you Chu[\b] from now on if you dont mind, i keep forgetting the order of you name, plus i find Chu[\b] to be rather cute.......

And know Alan Shearer doesnt play for Newcastle aymore, he retired from Football a few seasons ago, but damn was he a great player, along with Teddy Sherringham, they deserve to be honoured to be playing a game that they enjoy for so long...........

But yeah Shearer retired, but he was linked to the Newcastle Mangerial role after Alladyce went, the fans really wanted him in, but had to make do with Keegan i suppose........

QUOTE (sQvnig @ Jun 25 2008, 04:29 PM)I used to be a real football-maniac, even played myself for my local team, Viking FK. (Which also happen to be my favourite team.) Bet you never heard of it, but it's actually among the 4 top teams in Norway, placing 3rd last season if im not mistaken.

I think i heard of them, havnt seen of them, but i think i remember seing them during a Champions League Qualifier when Liverpool, had to work there way through from the bottom, because we won the Champions League, but failed to grab the 4th place spot, bloody Everton *waves fist in the air*

Haa, to bad Shearer doesn't play anymore, he was a great player. Thanks Hiasubi for clearing that up.

Newcastle still has pretty good players, To name a few:

Shay given (GK)
Alan smith (MF)
Michael Owen (FW)
But i don't know if Nicky butt (MF) is any good at playing football.

And you can me call Chu if that makes it easier, i don't mind
wink.gif

Meh, i dont rate Nicky Butt, didnt rate him when he played for Man United, and i still dont think he is any good...... But thats my opinion on it.........

Do you think Martins is any good?

But Michael Owen needs to be fit first before he can be good lol...........

I really do hope Liverpool pick up some good players in the Market and dropped our interest in Gareth Barry, im all for having more English Players withing the 'Big Four', but they should at least be decent players............

I wish we would sigh Lennon and Wright-Phillips is it had to be anyone.......

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jun 28 2008, 01:46 PM)Haa, to bad Shearer doesn't play anymore, he was a great player. Thanks Hiasubi for clearing that up.
You like Shearer? You'll like this video then:
Top 10 goals

QUOTE (Chuuko)But i don't know if Nicky butt (MF) is any good at playing football.
I share the same birthday as Nicky Butt. Click this link if you want to find out if your share your birthday with any stars. Click on the day of your birthday and scroll to see if any stars are born on your birthday!!!

To keep things interesting I want you to vote on which goal is the goal of the season:
Goals of the season

I pick goal number 2!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jul 01 2008, 09:34 AM)Do you think Martins is any good?

But Michael Owen needs to be fit first before he can be good lol...........
You mean Obafemi Martins right, well i think he plays a fair game to me (11 goals in 33 games of 2006 to 2007 and 9 goals in 31 games of 2007 to 2008). He sure knows how to score a goal, when he gets the chance that is.

QUOTE (monsta)You like Shearer? You'll like this video then:
Top 10 goals

QUOTE (Chuuko)But i don't know if Nicky butt (MF) is any good at playing football.
I share the same birthday as Nicky Butt. Click this link if you want to find out if your share your birthday with any stars. Click on the day of your birthday and scroll to see if any stars are born on your birthday!!!Thanks for the video of Shearer, i liked it allot
wink.gif
, that were some nice goals he made there
wub.gif

Lol
laugh.gif
i share the same birthday as O.J. Simpson, didn't see that one coming
tongue.gif

QUOTE (monsta)To keep things interesting I want you to vote on which goal is the goal of the season:
Goals of the season

I pick goal number 2!Let me guess, you like the 2nd goal because it was a goal from Arsenal
laugh.gif

I liked that 2nd one to, but the 4th one.....Damn.....what a shot it was like a rocket.
That 4th goal from Tottenham i think
unsure.gif
was like, wham bam thank you ma'am
ph34r.gif

And to honest the 3rd one wasn't bad either, but i'll stay with the 4th goal, my vote that is
smile.gif

Hia-san! Sounds nice...but I will be on vacation, so were I not, I would throw my poet hat in the ring....all the best though! Had a conversation with my Futbol mentor today...I told him a poem came to mind, in honor of the one that makes it all possible...enjoy! 
Orb Delight
Men,
they seek me,
want me,
run,
endure,
aspire,
desire,
only me.
They play,
dress up,
all colors,
of the rainbow,
to please,
not only me,
but the roaring thunder,
that is,
the crowd.
I am round,
soft,
strong,
demanding,
like a woman,
am I.
Men,
I use them,
make them strong,
make them rich,
make them famous.
I,
though small,
I want,
want them all,
to never leave,
never stop,
to go the mile,
to reach,
the top.
I am their idol,
I am their love,
I will kiss them,
with glory,
assigned,
from heaven,
above.
Men,
they weep,
when I,
at their feet,
fly,
in wonder,
to the sound,
of thunder,
a roar so profound,
and I,
so round,
to the net,
I go,
glory bound.

So to all Futbol fans, this one's for you!
@ Chuuko-san, tell me what you think? Anyway, as I learn more about the world of professional Soccer/Futbol, I will post here and ask questions okay? I am told that the World Cup is next, as well, as the English Leagues. Well, at least according to monsta-san....
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 02 2008, 05:03 AM)@ Chuuko-san, tell me what you think? Oh my, that poem is very nice, i'm still amazed at how you tell your poems. Their always deep, i've read this one 2 or 3 time's. I like it.
Maybe you should write a poem book and then publish it. And who knows, maybe it'll sell good
wink.gif

Anyway this poem gets a rating of 10 out of 10 from me
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
, Keep up the good work
wink.gif

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jul 01 2008, 10:37 PM) Oh my, that poem is very nice, i'm still amazed at how you tell your poems. Their always deep, i've read this one 2 or 3 time's. I like it.
Maybe you should write a poem book and then publish it. And who knows, maybe it'll sell good
wink.gif

Anyway this poem gets a rating of 10 out of 10 from me
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
, Keep up the good work
wink.gif

Thanks, Chuuko-san! I will continue to write my poems as I will continue to learn and enjoy Soccer....and getting my stuff published? Why that would be great....and to the Spanish and German teams, I would send them....they have been a source of inspiration.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Chuuko @ Jul 01 2008, 11:18 PM)Let me guess, you like the 2nd goal because it was a goal from Arsenal
laugh.gif
Am I that predictable?
rolleyes.gif
It wasn't just an Arsenal goal but it was also a goal from Adebayor!!! So it gains double points there. Everything is beautiful about that goal. The pass from Fabregas the control from Adebayor and then the shot!!!
wub.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 02 2008, 05:03 AM) Orb Delight
Men,
they seek me,
want me,
run,
endure,
aspire,
desire,
only me.
They play,
dress up,
all colors,
of the rainbow,
to please,
not only me,
but the roaring thunder,
that is,
the crowd.
I am round,
soft,
strong,
demanding,
like a woman,
am I.
Men,
I use them,
make them strong,
make them rich,
make them famous.
I,
though small,
I want,
want them all,
to never leave,
never stop,
to go the mile,
to reach,
the top.
I am their idol,
I am their love,
I will kiss them,
with glory,
assigned,
from heaven,
above.
Men,
they weep,
when I,
at their feet,
fly,
in wonder,
to the sound,
of thunder,
a roar so profound,
and I,
so round,
to the net,
I go,
glory bound.
What balls are you referring to?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes)I am told that the World Cup is next as well, as the English Leagues. Well, at least according to monsta-san.
wink.gif

Here's the order of the major international competitions:
African Nations Cup: 2010 (Jan)
World Cup: 2010 (Jun)
Copa América (South America): 2011
Euro: 2012
Gold Cup (North America): ???
unsure.gif

All the European leagues start around August time. Here are the names to the leagues:
English league: Premier league or Premiership
Spanish league: La Liga
Italian league: Serie A

Those 3 are the major leagues in Europe. Other ones:
German league: Bundesliga (say that to Jun and they'll be impressed!
wink.gif
)
Dutch league: Eredivisie

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jul 02 2008, 02:13 PM) What balls are you referring to?
rolleyes.gif

Okay, far be it for me, to imply such, as has our witty friend, monsta-san. It seems a certain Sempai and Dono, have a weakness for such vulgarities.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
I, on the other hand, am a Shijin, of the highest caliber.
wink.gif
My poem was written in honor of she, who makes it all possible, and I will not allow her to be reduced to a mere object. Lady Soccer Ball, has brought many a victory as many a ruin. I look forward to the coming Futbol season with interest. The nerve!
wink.gif
Gonna be watching, Manchester United, Arsenal, and last but not least....Liverpool! And those Spanish beauties too!

Wow just noticed that this Thred has over 500 views, but such little disscusion.......

Anyway, Monsta, i was wondering what your thoughts are on Adebayor and Hlebs possible transfers to arca a Milan are?

What do you all think about Ronaldinho, would you prefer him in Italy or England? Personly i would like him to go over Milan, since im an admirer or City, and i dont want them ruined by an Over-rated brazillian..........

I would how-ever like Juventus to drop there interest in Alonso, i relaly like him as a player and dont want him to go, especially if all his departure will do is make the way for the likes of Keane or Barry.................

On the plus side, Stoke City are moving in on Scott Carson though, even if our main transfer target appears to be a Jamaican no ones ever heard of...............

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jul 15 2008, 11:42 AM)Wow just noticed that this Thred has over 500 views, but such little disscusion.......
The football season hasn't started yet! Hopefully things will pick up when the premier league starts again! That's the 16th August! So keep that day open!
wink.gif
Wouldn't want to miss the opening day of the season!
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi)Anyway, Monsta, i was wondering what your thoughts are on Adebayor and Hlebs possible transfers to arca a Milan are?
I think we can cope without Hleb. I'm more concerned with the loss of Flamini. He was a solid player!
sad.gif
As for Adebayor I don't want him to go. I don't see the logic behind it... Arsenal are a bigger club than AC Milan. He's more likely to win the Champions League with Arsenal than AC. Guess money talks...
dry.gif
But nothing is confirmed so he might not go. If he does indeed go then it's a chance for Bentdner to shine! When Viera left he left the door open for Fabregas and look what came from him!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Hiasubi)What do you all think about Ronaldinho, would you prefer him in Italy or England? Personly i would like him to go over Milan, since im an admirer or City, and i dont want them ruined by an Over-rated brazillian..........
Too fat to play in England!
laugh.gif
He will never cope with the pace! He is better of playing in Italy where the game is slower. Then again my point is a moot one as he's already gone to Italy!
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back