The Rance Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ausdoerrt

-sama
Retired
Just cause I thought we needed this thread. The guys at Yandere have finally finished up their translation patch, too.

So what's up, has anyone been playing this? I just got through true history, and am now working through the "kill the monkey" bonus route to gather more points before plunging on.

Oh yeah, and

GWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ah I was wondering when someone would start a thread up for this game. If I can find the game itself I'll be albe to use the patch to play it.

In any case I heard that this game was another chapter of the main guy going on a girl hunt because of "various reasons".
tongue.gif

^ You've got it wrong, there's no "various reasons". There's just the immense sex drive and the awesomeness of Rance-sama.

"All the wome in the world are mine GWAHAHAHA".

One of the funniest H-games I've played, definitely.

As for the game, there's a plenty of it floating around the internets. You should have no trouble to find it if you're looking, unless you're really bent on acquiring a licensed copy of it.

And that's why I had "various reasons" in quotations.
tongue.gif

I mean I think this was another chapter in that saga, but all I can say is if I can get the game I'll play it once I get the chance to do so of course.

Ausdoerrt, can you PM me on where I can get the game and the english patch please. Thanx.
biggrin.gif

Ok the English Patch is done by Yandere Translations.

http://yandere.gray7.com/

They also did Brass Restoration (a free tranalstion just install), and Wanko to Kouasou (the game that pertty much started the splinter group from mirror moon). Besides it was done by TakaJun who happened to be the translator for pretty much all of the mirror moon translations. So that would mean you'll need the DVD to apply the patch.

Oh they finsihed it O_O ? Wow that is great thanks for the heads up aus, time to grab the game ~

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 02 2009, 04:16 PM) So that would mean you'll need the DVD to apply the patch.
Yeah, it works exactly the same as it did for mirrormoon patches - put in the CD, run the patch, and it installs the game with patch for you. I think this time around it's capable of patching an existing install, but what's the point? (especially since the translation also patches the game to 1.04).

A DVD is in order though. No more PMs from me though - please use Google, guys, it's not that difficult.

Well some people actually played this game while they were still finishing it. So that may be the reason for the patching. Although there is a full installer and a patch that is on thier site as of now if what I read on thier main page was correct though.

So, has anyone gotten hooked on this yet?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have, and I got one prolbem. I can't even beat the demon at all. Not only that, but once you know where he is you basically can't fight any other country anymore. So the one problem I'm having is what do I need to do to actually beat his subordinates down, since I got lucky with the first and second battles.

Oh and I think the current patch they have there is to fix it where you don't need to use Applocale for a few minor issues. Since the numbers changed into letters.
tongue.gif

Well anyways for some reason I'm starting to like Suzume since she's prety much my favorite ninja girl. It's almost like she is a catgirl for some reason. Also, my other favorites would be Kenshin since she is pretty much a god to begin with, and her tatician Ai. Not only those, but even the one swordswoman that is so easy to tease and whatnot.

I dunno, I like the meganekkos in the game, like Maria or Magic. A special shoutout to Nozomi, the "teased swordsman" - she's pretty useless as a unit though, but kicks @$$ in dungeon battles.

For the demon, sure, you can't attack other countries, but you can still clear dungeons and like to level up. You can't damage the demon unless you have Rance on the team, so make sure he has some health left. In the apostle battle before that, don't waste any action points until he turns into true form, since he auto-heals. (Also, double-checking, but you DO know you can switch characters in battle, right?)

Also, there's a way to postpone the temple event. Read this: http://yandere.gray7.com/?page_id=423/seng...a/page-12/#p528

In general, you want to have most of the families except maybe the One-Eyed in the north conquered, or about to be conquered before you face the demon for the first time. Otherwise life gets ridiculously hard from then on. Don't worry, it took me a couple of restarts before I got it done well.

Yeah you can only switch out other characters while comanding one of your own. The only problem is sometimes you want to pull out the very character that you are currently commanding.

Well I guess I have to start with going south first on the first turn, and work my way around the board if I want to have a fair shot at beating the game. I acutally made it up to where I was technically crushed by the Demon Army on both sides. Although this time around I have Kenshin, but am only on 3 Gourd broken. I'm planning on going after a few places and actally hoping for the best here and there.

Although this time I don't have the "Teasing Swordwoman" but I feel like I need her.

What, you're not getting enough MOE?!!
laugh.gif
She's pretty useless as a unit, tbh, there's many much better swordsmen in the game.

To not be crushed by the demons, it's a good idea to own as much land as possible. Don't bother with that state south of Mouri family, the demons will take over it anyway.

The only problem I get into is I can't do what is stated by Turn 50 but then again I had a rough time taking on the country that is famous for it's cavery units. As for the cursed areas I just played hop scotch with them as well.

Also, one more thing how can I stop the resureaction of the Little Princess, since it seems like I ran out of time before I even had a chance to do anything, especially when I had the infected involved at around the late 100+ turns. I basically played around trying to get relationships up and getting certain CG sets as well, but the whole thing completely backfired on me.

100+ turns wow, you're taking your time. I was done on turn 100 sharp, which is still pretty slow...

I didn't capture the Mouri daughters that early either. Still, it's a good idea to go west first, then east for Uesugi and Takeda. Takeda cavalry units can be tough, but there's various ways to deal with them. Personally, I have two general strategies for any battle. One is a team based of assasinations: 3 ninjas (with assasinate)+Yamamoto (Whirlwind) or 2 ninjas, the musketeer girl and Yamamoto, plus a tank, plus Aburako (the monk that has the restore action points ability). The other one involves Uesugi Kenshin (- 1 action point all) and Uruza with "precise shot" abil - also -1 AP all. The cavalry units rarely have more than 3 AP.

Also, unless you really want to unlock the Takeda commander character, don't bother defending their "rush attacks" when all generals attack in one turn.

If by Little Princess you mean Miki, then I don't know what triggers it. Ultimately, it's not all that important, since you can keep playing after, albeit losing a certain character. Just make sure you get her her lemons, and go look for her if she goes missing.

Also, don't bother much with trying to unlock stuff in True Route, since Kill the Monkey route will give you lots more leeway for that - there's no Demon Army.

That's the problem I only had one spot that could actually find the Lemons. Besides when I did it at that time I went full East and got Kenshin before the Temple Fight, and Takada during and after that fight. Thank goodness for those passes.

In any case I'm following a walkthrough that someguy posted up on gamefaqs from Yandere's Forum page and I have the problem of having it where Kou is talking to Chaos about the history of what's going on with Xavier and whatnot. While I was hoping to obtain Magic. In any case the girls from Zeth are really useful, but tend to take a few turns before they become useful at all.

IMHO, Uruza is the best out of three (although Rizna is sort of useful for her magic immunity); the girls from Leazas or w/e are pretty awesome too (the first one not so much, but the other two are great).

Cool, there's a FAQ now; there wasn't one when I was beating it
wink.gif

Well his is only accurate up to Turn 29 or 30. After that things were rather different. Andf that is were I started to build up my forces, an dnot only that, but I even crushed the Takada House before they could even do their famous blitz on me.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back