FTV Tsundere Cup - Discussion Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人
Fansub TV Team
981917-KN7TIXY.png

The FTV Tsundere Cup is a knockout tournament to decide who is the ultimate queen of tsunderes! In total there are 32 characters participitating who will face off in one vs one KO matches.
This thread will be used to discuss the cup and anything related to it while this thread http://boards.fansub.tv/?act=ST&f=26&t=10479 will be used for the cup matches.

Here are the rules:

Rule1:
Each FTV member can place one vote per match (in the terms of football one vote would be like one goal), so with 32 anime characters it would be 16 matches on the first round, so you have in total 16 votes (1 for each match). In the next round we only have 16 charcters left, and with that only 8 matches, so you have only 8 votes (1 for each match)

Here is an example how such a match goes

Match

fateava.jpg
vs.
rikaava.jpg

Fate Testarosa vs. Rika Furude

Jun says - Fate Testarosa vs. Rika Furude  = Winner Fate Testarosa (Fate 1:0 Rika)

Member A says - Fate Testarosa vs. Rika Furude  = Winner Rika Furude (Fate 1:1 Rika)

Member B says - Fate Testarosa vs. Rika Furude  = Winner Fate Testarosa ( Fate 2:1 Rika)

Member C cannot decide who will win this battle and so says:

Fate Testarosa vs. Rika Furude  = No Vote/Draw ( Fate 2:1 Rika) <<<< no vote was given here

Final result

Fate Testarosa 2:1 Rika Furude

Fate Testarosa wins and proceeds to the next round. Rika Furude has lost and is out of the tournament.

Rule 2:
Each round will go 7 days
5 days for the matches(voting time).
Then 2 days to count the votes and to announce the results.

Rule 3:
If a match ends in a draw, then it goes into overtime. How it will exactly go will be explained once we get to it.

And these are the 32 participants (which were all handselected by a super strict jury
tongue.gif
)

982465-3FNU7TX.jpg

Aaaand here's the tournament match plan

So then may the best tsundere girl win XDDD!

Annoucements
Voting Time for Round 1
Start Sunday 27th May 6:00 Pm UTC
End Friday 1st June 6:00 Pm UTC
Please use this site http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc if you are uncertain what time 6:00 PM UTC is in your time zone.

It will be an interesting event =p I hope the first round will not be too hard for us to choose for a girl xD

Algihty I'm pinning this thread just so that people who have an interest in this can check how this thread is progressing.

Also, it looks like we're doing a side route to what we used to do for the FTV League it seems. In any case I approve of it, and I wish you luck Jun-tan along with anyone else that is helping you run this.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nemi)It will be an interesting event =p I hope the first round will not be too hard for us to choose for a girl xD Ffufu oh yeah, there are already in first round some very interesting macthes. For example I cannot really say who will win the fight Rin vs Kyou...or Taiga vs Aria or Shiki vs Kurisu. Also Asuka vs Hitagi is a monster match as well XD

QUOTE (woofie)Algihty I'm pinning this thread just so that people who have an interest in this can check how this thread is progressing.Thanks
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (woofie)Also, it looks like we're doing a side route to what we used to do for the FTV League it seems. In any case I approve of it, and I wish you luck Jun-tan along with anyone else that is helping you run this. tongue.gifYeah this is something different than the ftv league. Currently it seems that the renewing of the ftv league is stalled... since well...don't really know why
tongue.gif
So after I talked with Nemi a little bit about it we decided to try something like that...and yeah that's the result.

Also thanks again, I hope it'll be a success and people will ahve a good time:) .

Awesome thingy you did here Jun-tan. Respect... but then again, which one of you all was the judge? This selection is pure evil.
dry.gif

Making me chose between Asuka and Hitagi.... Eri and Hinagiku.... Usami and Iori and the two hardest of all Rin vs Kyou and Shiki vs Kurisu...... WHO IS THE ONE THAT PITTED THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER??? WHO'S PUSHING ME INTO MAKING THESE CHOICES? TT

It's better for you to not know who did this Nioki XDDD Really =p But yeah, some matches are really hard to choose... I took some times to decide for who I'll vote instead of rushing =p

QUOTE (Nemingway @ May 27 2012, 11:04 PM) It's better for you to not know who did this Nioki XDDD Really =p But yeah, some matches are really hard to choose... I took some times to decide for who I'll vote instead of rushing =p
Same, but those I mentioned like took so much out of me.... It was just really unfair.. even those characters who I have long preferred over others where hard to chose since the opponents deserve a lot as well T_T

is a full vote required? I'm not familiar with every character, but there's a number of pairs I can easily vote for
smile.gif

QUOTE (wceend)is a full vote required? I'm not familiar with every character, but there's a number of pairs I can easily vote for smile.gif
No it's not. For the matches where you don't know the charas or cannot decide you can mark it like that:

Chara A vs Chara B = No Vote/Draw

I kinda forgot to add somethign like that to the rules, sorry for that. I have updated the ruels now whcih include also that.

QUOTE (Nioki)Awesome thingy you did here Jun-tan.Thanks
biggrin.gif
But don't thank me alone, 50% of it belongs to Nemi sicne he really helped me out alot with preparing this tournament
wink.gif

QUOTE (Nioki)This selection is pure evil. dry.gifGufufufu curse the program which did the pairings
tongue.gif
lol but to some pairings I also jsut thought oh my god how cruel
ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Nemi)It's better for you to not know who did this Nioki XDDD Really =p But yeah, some matches are really hard to choose... I took some times to decide for who I'll vote instead of rushing =p Oi oi...don't make it sound like we did somethign shaddy there...since we didn't...no really...

Wow youre making something like this now that tsunderes are overused and dead. Youre a few seasons too late dude.
And whats with Shiki, Hitagi and Sohara in this voting? They are not the least tsundere. A little fail on the jury, but Im gonna wait anyway.

But there is still one question. Do we have to vote for who we like best of the two or the one who is more tsundere? After all thats a huge difference (and like I said Shiki, Hitagi and Sohara would loose by default).

QUOTE Wow youre making something like this now that tsunderes are overused and dead. Youre a few seasons too late dude.
And whats with Shiki, Hitagi and Sohara in this voting? They are not the least tsundere. A little fail on the jury, but Im gonna wait anyway.Hmmm? I do think Tsunderes are still popular. As for Hitagi and Sohara, they were listed as Tsundere charas under others here http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/tags/tsundere?page=5 . And Shiki was listed as a tsundere chara here http://www.animevice.com/tsundere/22-6/characters/?page=2

QUOTE But there is still one question. Do we have to vote for who we like best of the two or the one who is more tsundere? After all thats a huge difference (and like I said Shiki, Hitagi and Sohara would loose by default). You vote for those who you like the best.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 28 2012, 01:55 AM) Wow youre making something like this now that tsunderes are overused and dead. Youre a few seasons too late dude.
And whats with Shiki, Hitagi and Sohara in this voting? They are not the least tsundere. A little fail on the jury, but Im gonna wait anyway.

But there is still one question. Do we have to vote for who we like best of the two or the one who is more tsundere? After all thats a huge difference (and like I said Shiki, Hitagi and Sohara would loose by default).
Hitagi, Sohara and Shiki are also tsundere.. just more mild than some other examples. You might e seeing the Rie Kugimiya characters as prime examples for tsundere characters, but if one does not exactly copy their behavior, it doesn't meant they are not a tsundere.

A tsundere for me is a woman/girl who doesnt acknowledge her own feelings for someone and because of that mistreats that person.
You never see Shiki doing that and shes far too emotionless to be a tsundere.
If Senjougahara is a tsundere then she is only playing it and thus not a realy tsundere.
But fine let Sohara have her place because she is a really really really mild tsundere with lets say 1% tsundere.

To be honest there are others who dont fit in the list, but those three didnt fit in here the most.

Well that is your point of view on that, and you have every right to have your own opinion but your point of view doesn't apply to the whole world.
I don't really get you to be honest, you clearly seem to dislike this event, but yet instead of just ignoring it you come in and complain,complain and complain. Constructive critic is always welcomed but yours is far away of that. All you say is that is bad, that is bad, that is bad without giving any suggestions how to make it better.

Nobody forces you to participate here. If you dislike it that much then I'd advice you to leave.

Sorry to tell you but if that isnt constructive critic then constructive critic doesnt exist. I just want to help you make this event better since I hoped something like that would finally happen here again nothing more.

How to make it better? Well sorry but I thought that would be obvious, but since it doesnt seem so Im gonna spell it for you. Exchange the ones who arent tsunderes with ones who are, there should still be a lot around.

I hate to say it but constructive critisim tends to pretty much state how things should be made better weither it is something you like or not. So I have to agree with Jun-tan over that by saying just negative things without reason isn't really much critisim but more along the line of an out right complaint with little reasoning behind it.

If there is reasoning behind it I'd like to hear it since saying you dislike something just becuase you dislike it may fly in some cases, but for this event it's more along the line of what needs to be changes to make it better the next time we do something like this.
sleep.gif

First, to be honest with you Ossi, Jun-tan and I planned this cup because we wanted to have an event like that to be hosted like before but as nobody wanted (?) to do this we planned this Tsundere cup. Also, keep in your mind something more important. This cup is just a test to see if ftv members are (still) interested in that kind of event. Cause if this Cup is successful, we planned to ask the mods/admins if we can host something bigger and in a long time frame.

Second, you should understand one thing. I'm sure a lot of people told you that : it's not because something isn't entering in your standard that what anybody may say/do is wrong. By that I mean saying that Rin Tohsaka isn't a tsundere for you (in the voting thread) doesn't mean she doesn't have her place in the tournament ! Jun linked you 2 sites in which there is a list of girls being considered as tsundere. I don't know if you took the time to browse those two sites but you should as we took them to choose the contestants.

Finally next time we will also plan an opened qualification process ^^

I call SHENANIGANS! Kotomine Kirei is not on the list, it is not a real Tsundere popularity contest! ;P

humor aside, this is going to be amusing to watch.
happy.gif
I just wish I had watched some of the series half these characters come from...
blink.gif

Omg I just imagined Kireis dere side XDDD Kinda too bad he's not a girl...his genderbended version is really ero <3

QUOTE humor aside, this is going to be amusing to watch. happy.gif Well I just hope that the mayority of the people are going to have fun with this since it's kidna impossible to satisfy everyone.

QUOTE I just wish I had watched some of the series half these characters come from... blink.gifFfufufu lol imagine we were also thinking of making it a tournament of 64 charas
laugh.gif
but then we thought no wait thats insane... 64 tsunderes is just too much
ph34r.gif

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ May 28 2012, 08:45 PM) Ffufufu lol imagine we were also thinking of making it a tournament of 64 charas
laugh.gif
but then we thought no wait thats insane... 64 tsunderes is just too much
ph34r.gif

Never enough girls in a harem
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back