Harvest Moon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

samthebear

-sama
Sempai
harvestmoonlogo.png

Since we don't have a thread dedicated to Harvest moon and it has a pretty big line of titles I think it's time we had this thread!
I personally play Harvest moon DS Cute since my brother bought it for me awhile back (he was the original harvest moon fan in the familiy) and I bought a second hand Gameboy advance cartridge of More Friends of Mineral town only because I wanted the additional bachelors from Mineral town >.<

I'm going to try and finish this game (get all the random events/friend events/best friend/husband/child/save sprites/etc) and when I do I'm going to buy a tale of two towns! I'm actually more attracted to tale of two towns over the version I have only because you can choose your gender (m/f) and switch between towns so you get a little variety.

While I'm really into this game right now, it really took me awhile to get into the groove of this game only because establishing your farm is really tedious! I think I got this game some two years back (in game time it's only my 3rd year!) and I'm only just starting to really like it! Especially since I only play it when I have long holidays! Remembering where you are up to in the game and any objectives you might've had takes awhile to remember if you break away from the game for too long which probably added to the tedium of playing.

So any other harvest moon fans out there? which version do you have, do you enjoy this game a lot and did you find that starting this game was really tedious/boring?

I haven't played the games in a very long time but used to dump tons of time to them.

My experience, the first 3 days of a new save is the most miserable stretch of monotonous gameplay as you tame and block out your farm, punctuated by entire seasons going by in ~1 hour as you rush crops to harvest and do your daily dating sim ritual, with the occasional random event or holiday spicing it up.

The part that always kills me is, the random events require so much random exploration and I'm usually speeding through days just to get my harvests faster, so that exploration never happens. Acquiring the Gold tools usually goes by pretty fast, and at that point it's just a search for more money and the dating sim gift-game, which also tends to go by pretty fast.

As far as versions go, I believe I played the SNES version, GB version, GBC version, N64 version, and somewhere around here I have the PSP version still in it's shrinkwrap on account of it came out at the same time as something else I liked. Of those versions, I enjoyed the characters from the N64 version, but the gameplay of the tile and sprite based ones best.

As for why I haven't played them in a long time, well, restarting your farm every time they release a new version gets old. I should probably look in to what the current versions are, I sort of hope there's an android version as my smartphone games see a hundred times as much use as my PC/console games.

Yeah I was thinking that I'd have to restart my farm again if I got a new version and that put me off any notions of buying a new harvest moon game any time soon! If they made it so that you could start off where you left off in a previous game, I'm sure it'd be more enticing! Not sure how feasible it'd be to do that though...

It'd be nice to have an andriod version of harvest moon, but since it's already a portable console game I dont see them looking to release a mobile version of it anytime soon. Especially when free to play farming games are really dominating the mobile apps games.

Importing an old farm should be easy from a code perspective. Japanese devs are good at making it harder than it has to be, but it should be simple as long as there's a way to access it. Older copies of the game are screwed, of course, but anything from the memory card/console memory era should be fair game.

QUOTE (samthebear @ Nov 23 2012, 02:23 AM)It'd be nice to have an andriod version of harvest moon, but since it's already a portable console game I dont see them looking to release a mobile version of it anytime soon. Especially when free to play farming games are really dominating the mobile apps games.
What's sad is, those games only succeed because of the void of quality console grade games out of the Japanese, because they don't do change and are stuck in their DS/PSP ways.

If Natsumi dropped Harvest Moon into the android market, it would demolish all the -villes.

I think an Android version wont be out of the question. It may happen but it will probably be the old games though. Final Fantasy Tactics, TWEWY and some games already made it onto the android. But that's Squeenix.

Still haven't seen any nintendo stuff moving into Android.

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Nov 24 2012, 05:26 PM) I think an Android version wont be an out of the question, but it will probably be for the old games though. Final Fantasy Tactics, TWEWY and some games already made it onto the android. But that's Squeenix.

Still haven't seen any nintendo stuff moving into Android.
Actually, I have got Zelda: OoT on my HTC phone.
smile.gif
Though I'd love to play Harvest Moon! I haven't really played that game.

grab a snes emulator for your android or jailbreak yphone and play the snes version on the go. Probably my favourite. Though enjoyed N64 and PS1 versions, not played em much since.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back