Fansub.tv webzine, 1st issue!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Noshi

-sama
Retired
Behold! Our first official FTV webzine made by some dedicated members of our mods/sempais team.

This webzine features anime, but also other media like dramas, culture and music. With this first issue featuring a small peek on who our mysterious daft27 really is and how FTV started to exist.

click for first issue!

It took us a loooong time to finish it, and we had put a lot of effort in it. We started this project almost half a year ago, with the suggestion of DarkSkyLady for an FTV webzine. It sounded like a great idea and a lot of us got interested, and most of us had started writing already, until unfortunately, a lot of us lacked the time and/or motivation after a while, and above all that, we had to miss an essential part, the editor. After a few discussions we decided to pick up the project again in August, and make it work this time, with a slightly different team. We were dealing with the miss of an editor, but luckily Maiku_Ando volunteered to save the efforts put in the zine with his patience and dedication.

We might also need new webzine team members for writing manga or culture articles, or even other anime/Japan related subjects you're interested in, if more are interested, a second editor might be needed as well
wink.gif
. So aside for discussion, feedback, and suggestions, this thread will also remain open for joining if interested.

Please take a look, and we sincerely hope you'll enjoy it!

The FTV-zine Team

Congratulations on the first release! I know it took you guys a lot of time and effort to get this one out the door, but hopefully you guys had an enjoyable and rewarding experience.

BTW, I took the liberty of uploading the PDF to Maiku Andu's blog and replacing the current download links to use that instead. I had to make a tweak to the blog code to get pdf to upload, but hopefully in the future you can use the blogs as a place to upload your files to.

Wow! That turned out pretty good staffers!

I couldn't stop reading until the end of it because everything was placed in proper spots for reading. Heck, our newspaper staff on campus could learn a thing or two about the way that you guys handle things.

I liked it... a lot... and I hope that this is another selling point as to why people should be on here more than their other sites. Keep up the good work and stuff!

Congrats are in order to you, Noshi...and the rest of the FTV-zine Team! Your diligence and no-nonsense approach, finally, helped get this project off the ground. Thanks for remaining faithful to it.....
wink.gif
May all of your efforts pay off for future success and more lively future reads for the rest of us FTV members.
tongue.gif

Ah....one more thing.....
QUOTE Noshi-
We might also need new webzine team members for writing manga or culture articles, or even other anime/Japan related subjects you're interested in, if more are interested, a second editor might be needed as well
A great idea to consider the large FTV community, in contributing to future releases....there are many talented folks out there!
congratulations-4.gif

waytogo.gif

Thanks for the nice release guys. I enjoyed reading it. I just find the background for every page was a bit consistent but all is okay!
wink.gif
(I was wondering if i can print this out on magazine paper and share to my friends =p )

I hope more is to come =p
wink.gif
Congratulations!

Thanks for all the complements!
smile.gif
We hope the second edition will be bigger and better! So any feedback (even if it's negative) is more than welcome!
wink.gif

If you want to take part in the webzine there are still a number of positions available. We need a manga reviewer the most as there is no manga section. Saying that we will still accept anime/dorama reviewers. If your interested either PM me or Noshi or post in this thread:
FTV is in search of an editor!

We would also like a second design editor. This position is pretty demanding as you will deal with the magazines layout. But yeah I encourage anyone to provide us with some feedback. If you can't be bothered to make a comment just give a list of scores as shown below (10 being perfect, 1 being rubbish):

Level of interest - out of 10
Quality of writing - out of 10
Quality of pictures - out of 10
Layout - out of 10

Read it, not bad for a first issue. Keep up the good work. I really enjoyed the history of fansub.tv because thats something i was curious about. If you can emulate articles like that regularly, would be cool. Maybe do more interviews with other members of staff who keep the site running smoothly.

Anyway good luck, keep it up

I've downloaded it but am resisting the temptation to read more than the first page via my computer, I'm going to print it out so as to have something cool to read on the train to work for the next few days.

This mag could be a good way for ftv'ers to recognise each other in real life! Just carry a rolled up copy in your hand wherever you go...

Hey Everyone,

Glad to see lots of positive impressions from our first issue!

Hopefully our next issue will be even better!
But to do that we need everyone to tell us what you think, anything you like or didnt like or things you would like put in - any ideas please let us know, and of course if you have something you'd like to write for inclusion in the next issue that would be great as well. Keep the comments coming
smile.gif

I hope everyone enjoys reading it as much we did making it!

@Daft
Thanks for uploading it to the blog, that will make it much easier to be able to put the files on there in the future
smile.gif

Great first issue! My favorite section (which I wouldn't mind contributing to) is the Okawari section. If you need some recipes, or anything, I actually took a culinary education program and worked at a Japanese restaurant for a bit. I was also thinking (completely up to you of course) it doesn't have to be just Japanese dishes, but anything Asian, or even anything international. Anyway, I really loved the webzine. Can not wait for the next issue. Ja, matta ne.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (GagoAko @ Oct 01 2008, 03:52 PM) Great first issue! My favorite section (which I wouldn't mind contributing to) is the Okawari section. If you need some recipes, or anything, I actually took a culinary education program and worked at a Japanese restaurant for a bit. I was also thinking (completely up to you of course) it doesn't have to be just Japanese dishes, but anything Asian, or even anything international. Anyway, I really loved the webzine. Can not wait for the next issue. Ja, matta ne.
laugh.gif

I think your idea is a very good one....it would be nice to have more than one person, contributing to the Jzine Culinary section. It sounds great too, you took some courses in the Culinary Arts.....Japanese food! Love it....I would suggest you pm either, Noshi or monsta666, with your ideas and suggestions. Look forward to working with you....
wink.gif

Good job on a first issue!

The only gripe I have with it is the background pic/colour. Probably should use white background with an interface layout. Create slightly tighter blocks of text and clearer page headers.

I'm looking forward more on the odds and ends like recipes and featured events, etc.

To start off with, this edition of the fansub webzine is a very good start to the (in my opinion) much anticipated webzines to come from fansub tv.

After reading the presented webzine i was left with a very satisfied feeling. I personally am not as active in the fansub community as i would like to be as far as posting is concerned, but i have found my self frequently visiting the fansub community in a silent manner Since 1st semester of last year (If i recall correctly). That said, I was pleased to discover that a webzine was available to view, and it also encouraged me to submit feed back to improve future editions.

Time for the Break Down

Level of Interest 9/10

Much like Doofus123, I was compelled to read the article around Stan. Articles about how things started are always good attention grabbers, especially if it revolves around a popular site like fansub. After reading the story about the beginning of fansub, i found my self in a reading mood.

(By that i mean, when you sometimes think, "Oh, i'll glance at this real quick", and you suddenly find something that interests you. Then before you know it times passed and you've read not just the initial interest, but everything else.)

Quality of Writing (Not fit to judge)

I'm by no means a English teacher, so grammar review is out the window.

The articles were interesting, but i'd like to second doofus' statement of not giving points to easily. (Not saying you did this time, but just look out for the future)

Quality of Pictures 7/10

Sizing could be better, but placement seemed to be ok. Choice also suited me.

Layout 5/10

(If this is just me disregard this) I just do not enjoy the 3 column system of writing in bulk. (zzz)

[Ugh, sorry for grammar errors or hard to read statements in my review, but i'm sleepy]

[Props to the Contributers of the Webzine]

Is nice making a webzine...
i am sorry but i ill make a new graphic for zine.
i am graphic designer for something and i ill help the comunity making something that ill make all kind of people proud ^(oo)^
this days i hv college but in sunday or monday i ill send u a new organization graphic for using in zine.

I have a little problem: when i try to open the pdf i keep on getting a error message that the file is damaged. Maybe it is my version of acrobat: what version did you use? i've got acrobat reader 9 right now.

Man, that sucked balls. I turned out better stuff when I was making up sketches for imaginary clients. There's so much potential not to fail in this and it still did.

And could anyone, please, proofread ANY of this "magazine" in the future? Also, a lot of really interesting animes were overlooked. However, I'm thankful no one tarnished any image of Natsume Yuujinchou with 2nd grade sentence composition.

---
QUOTE (Kataomoi)2nd grade sentence composition
QUOTE (Kataomoi)that sucked ballsuh huh. fail troll spotted.

We appreciate any comments and suggestions as long you state reasonable arguments and at least keep your language clean.
This is still a beginning project with a small team, which is also the reason we might have missed out on a lot of other anime. Since this is a first issue with a small team, we tried our best to make it as complete as possible. We all have our busy lives, we are all volunteers, and just do it for fun for ourselves but also for the rest of FTV.
This webzine has been proofread many times, taking out spelling and grammar errors, but as it's nothing something "over the top or professional", we kept the individual writing styles. This is a webzine made by, but also made for, people who don't speak native English.

QUOTE (Kataomoi @ Oct 02 2008, 05:42 PM) Man, that sucked balls. I turned out better stuff when I was making up sketches for imaginary clients. There's so much potential not to fail in this and it still did.

And could anyone, please, proofread ANY of this "magazine" in the future? Also, a lot of really interesting animes were overlooked. However, I'm thankful no one tarnished any image of Natsume Yuujinchou with 2nd grade sentence composition.
I assume that comment was directed at me. If so, then EXCUSE ME for my english not being as refined as yours
dry.gif
How about suggesting next time what can specifically be improved in the articles (e.g. rating systems, etc...) instead? That would be 400 times more helpful... Proofreading is a simple human error that is difficult to properly correct...no one is perfect. And writing 5 anime articles of ongoing series is difficult enough.

The fact that series were overlooked because there are about 60 series ongoing at one time....not really easy to cover all of them with complete articles. If you'd like I can easily write Natsume Yuujinchou for the next issue and rip it apart with harsher ratings than I had on World Destruction if this is the kind of criticism you're going to be giving
dry.gif

Reminder that we're meeting "strict" specific deadlines while still dealing with our real live simultaneously. Think of this almost along the line of fansubbing....except fansubbers don't have strict deadlines.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back