Fansub.TV J-Zine, 4th issue

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Noshi

-sama
Retired
_____________________________________4th Issue - July 2009

The J-Zine team is proud to announce the release of issue four! This issue marks a bit of a landmark for J-Zine with a major change made to the design layout process. As a result the pictures seen in this issue will be cleaner and crisper. Not only that, but the we have made a concious effort to make this magazine more streamlined and generally easier to read particularly for people who wish to print the magazine. This issue also contains some precedents for J-Zine with the introduction of moe corner and voice actor reviews! If the FTV League was anything to go by then FTV users should enjoy the moe corner in this issue! Previews to these articles, plus our featured review, Clannad ~After Story~ can be seen on the thumbnails below. To download the full magazine please click on the link below the thumbnails.

Moe corner__________________________________Voice actor review________________________________Clannad ~After Story~

_______________________Download Fansub.TV J-Zine Issue 4 (PDF)

As always, we strive to improve the quality of the magazine and the webzine team is very keen to gain feedback on this issue. We would greatly appreciate if you took the time to rate our magazine out of 10 (10 being perfect 1 being atrocious) in the following categories:
  • Level of interest
    [*]Quality of writing
    [*]Quality of pictures
    [*]Layout
Any other comments are more than welcome!
wink.gif
We hope you enjoy this issue of J-Zine!
smile.gif
smile.gif

_________The J-Zine team
_________
baneroj0.jpg

In other news, our dear Monsta666 has decided to leave the team after a successful year leading the project.
I'll take this double post for this announcement and showing my thanks for all the work and effort he's put into this
smile.gif

Thank you! The webzine how it is right now, couldn't have done it without you! ^^

oh and fear not.
For the fans there is always his Blog you should/could stalk *cough* read ^^

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jul 06 2009, 06:04 PM) In other news, our dear Monsta666 has decided to leave the team after a successful year leading the project.
I'll take this double post for this announcement and showing my thanks for all the work and effort he's put into this
smile.gif

Thank you! The webzine how it is right now, couldn't have done it without you! ^^

oh and fear not.
All the best to you in your new endeavors, monsta666-san. Your dedication to the Webzine Project really came through in this last issue. I am glad to see it changed for the better. Kudos to you and your team, in making it all come together. I had fun too, while I was able to participate...good times, indeed. I guess it is up to Noshi now, to steer the Webzine waters and keep things afloat. Good luck, Noshi! My favorite part of this new issue? The beautiful use of color...crisp and clear, very nice!
congratulationswink.gif

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jul 06 2009, 06:04 PM) In other news, our dear Monsta666 has decided to leave the team after a successful year leading the project.
smile.gif

oh and fear not.
did I miss something while I was working on the fansubbing project?

wow, you really took in all the comments from the last issue and remade the whole thing! I never expected such an improvement on the webzine. I'd say it was a 5 before, and a 7 now, comparing the quality of work before and after. I think that you've done a great job since the last release. I think it'd be cool if the backgrounds got watermarked. It's definitely better than those certain other magazines that I see all the time from many companies (maybe it's because I like anime).

I was thinking, this website has been made since late 2004. This site must've release a grand total of about 7 thousand or 8 thousand episodes. I think that the greatness of this site is in its ability to introduce new animes to people. So I think that your review section can go smaller, instead of a whole page and review multiple different animes. Your reviews are really detailed, maybe too detailed. Like I like Clannad, but I've avoided watching the after story so that I can watch it all at once, so I skipped that part cause I didn't want a spoiler.

Also, if you like, I can also make art for you guys, it looks like you guys aren't doing much original art. Or you can make a put what you want in the original art request thread cause I do that.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jul 16 2009, 04:05 PM)wow, you really took in all the comments from the last issue and remade the whole thing! I never expected such an improvement on the webzine. I'd say it was a 5 before, and a 7 now, comparing the quality of work before and after. I think that you've done a great job since the last release. I think it'd be cool if the backgrounds got watermarked. It's definitely better than those certain other magazines that I see all the time from many companies (maybe it's because I like anime).

I was thinking, this website has been made since late 2004. This site must've release a grand total of about 7 thousand or 8 thousand episodes. I think that the greatness of this site is in its ability to introduce new animes to people. So I think that your review section can go smaller, instead of a whole page and review multiple different animes. Your reviews are really detailed, maybe too detailed. Like I like Clannad, but I've avoided watching the after story so that I can watch it all at once, so I skipped that part cause I didn't want a spoiler.

Also, if you like, I can also make art for you guys, it looks like you guys aren't doing much original art. Or you can make a put what you want in the original art request thread cause I do that.
Hi there,

Thank you for the comments, I'm glad you like our new design! Its not that we wern't listing to the comments before on previous issues but its because for the first time we've actually been able to do something about some of the requests, thats why it all happened at once
smile.gif

After Issue 3 we had a long debate on how to improove the next issue, and we took a massive leap of faith by changing from a Word processor (MS Word) to using professional publishing software (Adobe InDesign). We also radically changed our processes to improove the quality right from editing to design and quality control. We basically had to learn a whole new application as well as continuing to work on the issue. It seems crazy now when I look back on it that we actually made the first 3 issues with MS Word!

The main design style is actually thanks to one of our newest team members - Emi-chan - who helped by building a template for our review articles. I can tell you there are still a few mistakes in this issue, but considering how much we changed I think it was a success. We're not going to stop there however, and the more comments and suggestions we got the more we can improove for issue 5!

As for your suggestion on original art, are you suggesting a section where we could show case some original art or were you thinking more of general page decorations?
Let me know what your thinking and we can maybe take it further, all help is appreciated.

I love the new layout, it looks more organized because there are borders on every page. I can see how this J-zine is moving forward. But still, there can be changes.

There so many suggestions actually, that I don't believe the 12 members of the J-zine team can handle the job. Well, there could be those letter to the editor things that are very common in all magazines. Or even art contests where the top winners will be in the magazine. Or even the use of original art in the magazine. I recognize many of those arts from other places. Current anime news, such as the new gundam in odaiba and such. Blast from the past section of anime, sorta like you did with tenchi muyo, yet it was written as a different section. An all time anime favorite section. Statistics on animes. little anime trivias. Small games for children. A written essay on the future look-out of animes...

Yet out of everything, I think there is one important thing that should be in there to keep it as a Fansub.tv anime magazine. The fansub.tv news update, including ftv members' inputs. If we do all this but keep out what's happening in fansub.tv, then we'd be just like Otaku USA, or Newtype... What we do different as fansub.tv like about the different fansub groups that are out there. The J-zine doesn't talk about fansub.tv much. I found one link to fansub.tv in the J-zine on the second page.

EDIT: looks like I didn't really properly answer the question. I meant that original art can be used in like the first page or last page or for the pictures used in the reviews and such instead of internet art. It'd be like a more professional work.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jul 16 2009, 02:11 PM)
EDIT: looks like I didn't really properly answer the question. I meant that original art can be used in like the first page or last page or for the pictures used in the reviews and such instead of internet art. It'd be like a more professional work.
Well, probably so if it's related to the animes reviewed. From what I've seen though (take Newtype for example), anime magazines in print usually use official art - not sure about web-magazines though. It would be great to have an art section in the zine though, so that it could be printed out and used as posters =)

The news is a nice suggestion, but we'd really need more people helping out with that, since it sounds like a lot of work. Someone fully proficient in Japanese, too...

An "FTV" page is a great idea imo, we could cover events like the FTV league or pretty much anything else that members do. It'd be nice to hold popularity contests before each webzine issue too.

I just want to thank the staff for adding a moe corner
biggrin.gif

admittedly when I first checked it out I blacked out for some reason
unsure.gif
but when I woke up I really enjoyed it.
Keep up the good work guys

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jul 28 2009, 07:07 PM) I just want to thank the staff for adding a moe corner
biggrin.gif

admittedly when I first checked it out I blacked out for some reason
unsure.gif
but when I woke up I really enjoyed it.
Keep up the good work guys
LOL Can we print that quote in the next issue please?
I'm thinking a sort of letters to the team kinda thing maybe and that would be perfect for it
tongue.gif

hahaha as long as you don't misquote I don't have a problem with you publishing it. I think it might be a bit short to warrant including in the mgazine though
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back