Why do you watch/read anime/manga?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

nyunyu

-san
Retired
why do u watch anime? and why do read manga?

as for myself, i read most of my local magazines/comics. Some of them have a anime & manga recommendation section in it. lol..
but i watch anime mainly because it was my hobbies..not all animes though
as for manga, i just recently read them since i find them interesting to read. All my collection of manga are from both internet [scanlations] and from a store.
biggrin.gif

I watch anime and read manga because it gives me something to do. Whenever i'm stressed or bored, I just watch anime and I feel better. Of course, anime is very cool because there are so many different types and some are really really good and interesting.

Hm, personally I don't read manga and I don't think I ever could do it seriously. It's just missing the voices... music... and animation that animes have and I don't know if I could do without them. As for animes, I find it rather entertaining to watch.

I'm with daft on this one. Manga isn't really my type of thing. No animation, no movement, no sound.....just a bunch of pictures.....
Personally, i'd go with anime
biggrin.gif
I watch it because it's nice and it kills boredom...

Freud explains...
a lack of entertainment at my childhood 'couse a uncontrolled psico wish for cartoons,.... lah lah... just kidding..
when i was ten, i turned on my tv and there it was... saint seya... believe me or not, the first episode here in brazil...
Since then, i didn't stop watching animes, and not so far, i started reading mangas....
It's my hobby right now... nothing takes me more time then this.

I just love them, the reason is complicated
tongue.gif
!

I started watching anime because it was very different from American Cartoons. In anime, the characters are more "alive" and they evolve and in some, age. Plus they express feelings. Plus in some anime, you get tid bits of information. Even in comical ones like Ranma 1/2. There really is a place and a real Chinese legend of the 1000 lakes. Then I got interested in manga and started reading them. I find them well done although I did have a little trouble with the first ones I got because they were in the Japanese format. Back to front, right to left.

i watch anime bcuz.. therez really nothing good on tv nemore!!!.. mostly all these reality tv crap -=p... and anime itz just unique! it can consistz of great music.. great characterz! and great storiez!.. and for manga dont really own any manga but only dl scanlationz heh -=]

anime is a great past-time and is better then a lot of the stuff that's on tv.

although in my case it's starting to seem like an addiction
sad.gif

Hehe, akmed18 is right. For me, it's starting to become an addiction. Well, obviously anime is better than what's on T.V right now....
cool.gif

My manga collection consists both of scanlations and paper mangas (relatively cheap at my place
tongue.gif
) I tend to buy mangas I like most
tongue.gif

Why do I read mangas? For pleasure , estetic entertainment , for its climate and humor XD I accually dont read any other comic-books well If i get a Lobo serie or
a satiric comix I'll surely read it but I wouldnt buyt it
tongue.gif

Anime has a lot of variety good to watch.
Manga because it usually takes the anime story further like Kenshin and Flame of Recca. Manga's of animes you've seen are also worth reading for the kawaii chibi/ SD character pictures included in the comical parts lol.

simple ... ijuss enjoy watching anime .. infact i enjoy collecting it more than watching it ... lolx

QUOTE (daft27 @ Nov 4 2004, 09:24 AM) Hm, personally I don't read manga and I don't think I ever could do it seriously. It's just missing the voices... music... and animation that animes have and I don't know if I could do without them. As for animes, I find it rather entertaining to watch.
i recommend reading manga. when i was a noob in baka-ost, i asked if the statement "9 out 10 cases, manga is better than anime" was true. most of the replies agreed to the statement. so i started to download manga. and i found myself agreeing. manga is a very good source of entertainment. but this doesnt mean id stop watching anime. because

but i wouldnt have known what manga is with out anime. i love anime because it is so different from the animation of other countries. in a good way i mean. i love the art style and the stories. and i prefer anime sometimes than manga version like in naruto. the beauty of movements, and audios can never be presented in manga.

I watch anime and read mangas because i'm addicted to it. Plus i just watch and read for entertainment. I have nothing to do these days anyways.

I used to watch mindless cartoons and some good ones but when I found Robotech I fell in love with anime, but I really started out liking it as anime with Saint Seiya series which is hard to find... I like watching anime because most of the stories are filledwith emotion and more human than American cartoons...

I also like reading manga because as a graphic enthusiast I enjoy how other people create beautiful images with consistent accuracy in every page, chapter and volume... I started out with none else but Fushigii Yugii with Animerica Extra...

i read books. then i watch tv. then i watch anime. wow, anime cool (sometimes). then i get addicted. then i say "oh no, i am addicted"

mmm, i watch anime because i am bored, or really tired and watching cute animation characters go around and do stuff cheers me up o_O

lol.....
my parents said i was abnormal since I only watched anime......
So for the first time, they actaully 'encouraged' me to watch TV.... and now i found TV serials aren't THAT bad.... currently hooked on Summer Land after the first episode.... -.-

I watch animes first for entertainment, second because am kinda addicted to it and third if I have nothing to do, just wasting time.

But I dont read manga so much, only if I like the series then I try to read the manga.
dry.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back