DearS Manga

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ungreatful Punk

-chan
Kouhai
I looked at the different topics and couldn't find one on DearS so i figured i would start one.

How many people have read the series?
Who was you favorite Character, why?
What do you like or dislike about the series?

Or just give your general opinion.

I've read and own the series, over all its good but not the best I've read. As to my favorite character, lets say China just to pick one of the lessor characters.

If you enjoyed this I would recommend Chobits or possibly AI Yori though thats a much longer series.

Best Wishes Tzusunlost

I read the first couple of volumes but it didn't really grab me, for ecchi kind of stuff I think Nagasarete Airantou and Iketeru Futari are much better, also GachaGacha.

The trouble with Dears is it's pretty stereotypical - boy has strange, sexy, willing girl move in with him but somehow totally fails to get off with her, often with childhood friend getting jealous. This storyline is used as part of so many stories that I've got tired of it now, e.g. Chobits OMG, Sister Sister, Gacha Gacha, This Ugly & Beautiful World, Elfen Lied, Urusei Yatsura (which come to think of it is probably the closest to Dears with the alien/human romantic triangle and mysterious agenda of the aliens) ...

i just started the 6th dears manga and theres no way it will end like the anime in fact i feel like the anime riped me off by ending the anime after only 12 eps i dont think im going to read any more mangas that iv already seen the anime for this is my first manga and am really ticked off i loved the anime and was hopeing ther would be more eps and now that iv got in to the manga i see there could have been i think this is the wrong place for topic i hope i dont get baned for this lol

i like the ending of this manga where main character and dear go to the space finding planet for the dear if i remenber correctly

I liked Dears well enough to buy it (anime).But after reading the manga I feel it would have been much better if it would have followed the manga. Peach Pit have put some deeper meaning behind the Dears existance that the anime doesn't touch. The critics ravaged Dears and generally beat the hell out of Peach Pit but the studios continue to make anime out of their mangas (zombie loan, shugo chara, Rozen maiden). I think those two ladies probably smile all the way to the bank.

yeah, the manga was better, not to mention it has a more conclusive ending. The anime was fun, but i got much more satisfaction from the manga. Very interesting ending, the love rivial decides to give up, just to have the protaginist decide to follow her, and he ends up with his own harem ...haha!

really why i have not seen the manga but the anime only 13 episode

is the manga worth reading? loved the series but well... you know how that goes, mangas awesome and series is almost always not as good... maybe i'm answering myself. any opinions?

QUOTE (wantshuffle @ Jan 30 2009, 06:55 PM) is the manga worth reading? loved the series but well... you know how that goes, mangas awesome and series is almost always not as good... maybe i'm answering myself. any opinions?

QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Dec 19 2008, 08:54 PM)yeah, the manga was better, not to mention it has a more conclusive ending. The anime was fun, but i got much more satisfaction from the manga.
rolleyes.gif

Like most previous posters, I have seen the anime and I own all of the mangas.
Personally it's good throughout the entire story, even though the plot has been used numerous times. The only thing that I dislike about this series in the manga especially is the last volume. Takeya's father shows up out of NOWHERE, he introduces himself to the readers and explains how he has a connection with Ren and the other Zero Numbers, and then the whole story ends with some random "I'm going to be with you always" type ending and it shows no closure with any of the side characters, e.g. Neneko, Khi, Nya, Ruby or Fina even. Other than that, the overall fan service and comedy is good. I would also recommend Ai Yori Aoshi, Chobits as well as Chrono Crusade.
Favorite character would be China and Mochi.

i have read ai yori yoshi and chobits, thought they were good and uz3r's post was...well self explanatory. lol guess i should have read like two posts or three posts up to actually see a little more.
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back