GATE Jieitai Kanochi nite Kaku Tatakaeri Enryû-hen

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: GATE: The Self-Defense Forces Fight Like This, in That Place
Japanese: ゲート 自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり
Airing date: 3/7/2015 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Harem?
Original creator: Takumi Yanai
Original character designers: Daisuke Izuka, Kuroshishi (light novels) and Satoru Sao (manga)
Director: Takahiko Kyōgoku
Written by: Tatsuhiko Urahata
Music by: Yoshiaki Fujisawa
Character designer: Jun Nakai
Sound director: Yukio Nagasaki
Background art: Scott MacDonald (Studio Tulip)
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Network: Tokyo MX, TVA, MBS, BS11, AT-X
Opening theme: "GATE ~Sore wa Akatsuki no Yō ni (GATE~それは暁のように~)" by Kishida Kyōdan & the Akeboshi Rockets
Ending Theme: "Prism Communicate (ぷりずむコミュニケート)" by Nao Tōyama & Risa Taneda

Main cast: Yōji Itami (伊丹 耀司) voiced by Junichi Suwabe
Tuka Luna Marceau (テュカ・ルナ・マルソー) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Lelei La Lelerna (レレイ・ラ・レレーナ) voiced by Nao Tōyama
Loly Mercury (ロゥリィ・マーキュリー) voiced by Risa Taneda

Supporting cast: Takeo Kurata (倉田 武雄) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa
Shino Kurebayashi (栗林 志乃) voiced by Maaya Uchida
Akira Tomita (富田 章) voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto
Yao Har Dushi (ヤオ・ハー・デュッシ) voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Piña Co Lada (ピニャ・コ・ラーダ) voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
Molto Sol Augustus (モルト・ソル・アウグスタス)
Zolzer El Caesar (ゾルザル・エル・カエサル)

TV PV:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/ARgLZQoA7dI?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV PV 2: http://www.youtube.com/embed/lvi3kTbKwG8?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM: http://www.youtube.com/embed/2uuz7yYZ8JM?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM 2: http://www.youtube.com/embed/fYeQZtu7INY?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM 3: http://www.youtube.com/embed/1itoFiQtoco?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM (Yōji): http://www.youtube.com/embed/4wYo38V_esw?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM (Tuka): http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fCePGfghVs?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM (Lelei): http://www.youtube.com/embed/aFcnws9V3-c?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV CM (Loly): http://www.youtube.com/embed/Oju_4ogaXv4?rel=0&autoplay=1
Official website: http://gate-anime.com/

Synopsis: In August of 20XX, a portal to a parallel world, known as the "Gate," suddenly appeared in Ginza, Tokyo. Monsters and troops poured out of the portal, turning the shopping district into a bloody inferno. The Japan Ground-Self Defence Force immediately took action and pushed the fantasy creatures back to the "Gate." To facilitate negotiations and prepare for future fights, the JGSDF dispatched the Third Reconnaissance Team to the "Special Region" at the other side of the Gate. Youji Itami, a JSDF officer as well as a 33-year-old otaku, was appointed as the leader of the Team. Amid attacks from enemy troops the team visited a variety of places and learnt a lot about the local culture and geography. Thanks to their efforts in humanitarian relief, although with some difficulties they were gradually able to reach out to the locals. They even had a cute elf, a sorceress and a demigoddess in their circle of new friends. On the other hand, the major powers outside the Gate such as the United States, China, and Russia were extremely interested in the abundant resources available in the Special Region. They began to exert diplomatic pressure over Japan. A suddenly appearing portal to an unknown world—to the major powers it may be no more than a mere asset for toppling the international order. But to our protagonists it is an invaluable opportunity to broaden knowledge, friendship, and ultimately their perspective towards the world.

Necropinion: one of the few times JSDF militaries kick ass in a fantasy anime
biggrin.gif

Hmm, i liked the first episode which holds some promise.
The sudden appearance of the gate wasn't original but to actually have people killed instead of the normal people escape unharmed was way darker that expected.
I hope that the writers can keep it interesting and not turn it into a harem series. The premise feels a bit like outbreak company. Hopefully this series can create an original storyline..it does feel to be more warlike than that series...

The first episode pretty much shows a rather legit reaction if something happened in any downtown city I would take it. Also, for him to be a fantasy otaku and state that he only works for his hobby sounds like the upstanding type of oktaku if you ask me.
tongue.gif

I hope that this continues one with this whole appeal here since this might be one of the few anime series I might just pick up that isn't a sequel of sorts that looks promising as of now.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 04 2015, 06:33 AM)I hope that the writers can keep it interesting and not turn it into a harem series. The premise feels a bit like outbreak company. Hopefully this series can create an original storyline..it does feel to be more warlike than that series
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 4 2015, 11:44 PM)a rather legit reaction if something happened in any downtown city I would take it. Also, for him to be a fantasy otaku and state that he only works for his hobby sounds like the upstanding type of oktaku if you ask mealso i'm surprised that the series didn't introduce any main girl yet, unlike most harem animes which is a good change... so ep.2 shows how powerless invaders are against modern weapons, no wonder why i usually pick terran in Starcraft
wink.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 10 2015, 04:00 PM) also i'm surprised that the series didn't introduce any main girl yet, unlike most harem animes which is a good change... so ep.2 shows how powerless invaders are against modern weapons, no wonder why i usually pick terran in Starcraft
wink.gif

True, but i liked that part myself, it makes me think that it sets it up to increase the feels of the heroines as being "alien/foreign" to the MC.

Even Rokujoma didn't use that tecnique and you cant get more alien than Rokujoma what with all the four different settings going all at once (actually you can, Haruhi i guess).

This is one big machiavalian plan from that emperor. Create a war with an outsider and let it seem you lose a lot of troops, force the countries around you to participate and let our neighbours armies get killed while you can save your own troops. That scorched earth tactic is the next phase to let the outsider get tired and then get a peace accord with the outsider. After the peace it is easy to invade your neighbours as they don't have an army anymore.
The emperor seems to be greedy for power and doesn't care how he gets it. If he has to sacrifice his own people for this devious plan, he is willing to do it. I wonder why we didn't get any information on the talks in the village...that village elder should be able to tell information about the country he is living in..we only get the talk of a village in the woods. That was a pretty weak part in the episode. For the rest it was still a good episode with the changed view point.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 11 2015, 02:26 PM) This is one big machiavalian plan from that emperor. Create a war with an outsider and let it seem you lose a lot of troops, force the countries around you to participate and let our neighbours armies get killed while you can save your own troops.
I think you are overestimating the plot, isn't it more like "the emperor plans a war for resources and at the same time he plans to use it to root out rebels", and "then it turns out the enemy nation is stronger so he adjusts the plan to use the enemy nation more to his favor and completely anihilate neighboring factions"?

I don't think the setting had the emperor knowing everything that would happen beforehand "a la Code Geass"

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 10 2015, 07:44 PM)True, but i liked that part myself, it makes me think that it sets it up to increase the feels of the heroines as being "alien/foreign" to the MC.
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 11 2015, 12:26 PM)why we didn't get any information on the talks in the village...that village elder should be able to tell information about the country he is living in..we only get the talk of a village in the woods. That was a pretty weak part in the episode. For the rest it was still a good episode with the changed viewi liked them too but with ep'3 i think more info will show up, from other villages as flashback depending next situations... finally all main heroines debut at once before that dragon killed again, well it turned better (don't touch the pistol!)
laugh.gif

Episode 3 was okay. The introduction of magic and the strength of the dragon changed the setting a bit as the soldiers with their guns don't seem to be so overwhelmingly strong anymore. To have the villagers leave people behind was actually a very good feature. It made the world in which they live a lot more different than the present day world. The villagers focus on survival (like the medieval times) and that means hard decisions which in the modern world would not made. Dropping children and older people is one which the modern world will not make but in the medieval times would be made.
That priestess seems a bit strange. Does she know why the gate came to be? She seems way too interested in Itami.

So the Goth Loli is a follower of the Dark god Loli I take it. I couldn't resit making that joke.

In any case for her to carry around a death scythe like nothing is kind of interesting. Also, I think since she's an oracle of sorts she may of seen a vision of him around the same time he saw a vision of the 3 girls he now has with him. Also, it seems she does like teasing him to no end it would seem here to the point of where she was siting on his lap to have a wonderful "ride" of sorts.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 18 2015, 11:58 AM)That priestess seems a bit strange. Does she know why the gate came to be? She seems way too interested in Itami.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 18 2015,8:42 PM)for her to carry around a scythe like nothing is kind of interesting. I think since she's an oracle of sorts she may of seen a vision of him around the same time he saw a vision of the 3 girls he now has with him. Also, it seems she does like teasing him toit's more like a giant axe ;p i liked ep'4 too showing Chuka's elf village, also the hope that her dad survived its destruction... so after some fan service at JSDF's camp bath, i expect emperor's daughter Piña to join itami's harem refugees
laugh.gif

Did this series get more serious now
blink.gif
? To have other countries involved in wanting a part of that new world made it a lot more interesting. This series seems to juggling the harem part, political factors, comedy and war in one big story. I hope it can keep it balanced.
The princess now learns that the empire and her father aren't very nice. She probably already knows it but to actually be confronted with it may let her defect from the control of her father.
That priestess, magician girl and elf will probably make a serious entry as well into the politics: they will have to convince people that it is not a good idea to treat that new world as an area to exploit for resources. Maybe it is an idea to let that priestess show some nice examples of how she treats evil people.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 25 2015, 12:47 PM)The princess now learns that the empire and her father aren't very nice. She probably already knows it but to actually be confronted with it may let her defect from the control of her father.
That priestess, magician girl and elf will probably make a serious entry as well into the politics: they will have to convince people that it is not a good idea to treat that new world as an area to exploit for resources. Maybe it is an idea to let that priestess show some nice examples of how she treats evilconsidering D&D alignments i say Chuka is a neutral yuri ranger, Rory a chaotic fighter and Lelei a lawful wizard... the OP shows her talking to crowds so i think you're right, about ep'5 i can't wait to see them defend Italica by helping Piña
smile.gif

this series doesn't disappoint till now.
The battle itself isn't the interesting part again but what was said and done. The princess tries to have the soldiers as bait. They know it and want her to call for their help at the east gate. To have the situation as a sort of test to see on how the princess reacts seems a bit cruel (as the inhabitants of Italica may have to pay a price) but it does seem to be needed to make a true alliance with her.
The princess said some interesting things when she saw the three girls come into view: the girls combined seem a pretty dangerous combination.
Rory sure is one dangerous priestess..she may indeed be called chaotic evil but directed to attack all that is evil itself.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 01 2015, 03:02 PM)is one dangerous priestess..she may indeed be called chaotic evil but directed to attack all that is evil itself.after seeing her go berserk and 'G.I.Jane' beats enemy soldiers, no matter how many aphrodisiac souls went though... a horny Rory still hits Itami for gropping her xD epic ep.6, 'iron pegasus' choppers and a 'valkyrie' army as cliffhanger
biggrin.gif

Man, I want the uncensored version of this show.

EFOMlzM.png

I kind of wonder if the producers even know about Pina's brother yet. This show is NOT in the right timeslot.
biggrin.gif

Just how hard of an Apocalypse Now fan am I if i knew it was a reference to it before they mentioned Kilgore? xD

I can never listen to Wagner without remembering that movie.

blink.gif
That Rory is one weird priestess..did she actually really feel the souls?? If so, what is she?
Hmm, ride of the valkyries. I would have liked it more if they played paint it black from the rolling stones.

So our main guy gets himself captured by the knights. Probably this will be his chance to speak with the princess without anyone other nearby. She knows she needs to get peace after that display of ruthless annihilation.

QUOTE (Norren @ Aug 07 2015, 06:50 PM)Man, I want the uncensored version

This show is NOT in the right timeslot
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 12 2015, 01:33 PM)So our main guy gets himself captured by the knights. Probably this will be his chance to speak with the princess without anyone other nearby. She knows she needs to get peace after that display of ruthless annihilatioor wanted to deal with those hotties by himself? xD after all, previously he 'was picking only prisoner girls as coincidence'... so before going back to Japan in ep 7 less gore is animated on TV, i wouldn't mind extended violent scenes in BRs
smile.gif

Well in the end it was more along the line of finally seeing some cute non-human girls as maids. Finally that one guy finally met a catgirl, and it seems that the former Duke would of gotten along with the members of the squad rather well I'd take it.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back