Musaigen no Phantom World

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Myriad Colors Phantom World
Japanese: 無彩限のファントム・ワールド
Airing date: 6/1/2016 (TV series) and 24/12/2015 (Christmas Eve event)
Genres: Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural
Original creator: Sōichirō Hatano
Original character designer: Shirabi
Director: Tatsuya Ishihara
Written by: Fumihiko Shimo
Music by: Effy
Character designer and chief animation director: Kazumi Ikeda
Art director: Mikiko Watanabe
Sound director: Yōta Tsuruoka
Director of photography: Ryuuta Nakagami
Phantom design by: Shinpei Sawa
Accessories planning by: Hiroshi Karata
Color setting by: Kana Miyata
Studio: Kyoto Animation
Network: Tokyo MX, TVA, ABC, BS11
Opening theme: "Naked Dive" by Screen Mode
Ending theme: "Junshin Always (純真Always / Innocence Always)" by Azusa Tadokoro

Main cast: Haruhiko Ichijō (一条 晴彦) voiced by Hiro Shimono
Mai Kawakami (川神 舞) voiced by Sumire Uesaka
Reina Izumi (和泉 玲奈) voiced by Saori Hayami
Koito Minase (水無瀬 小糸) voiced by Maaya Uchida
Ruupa (瑠波 / ルーパ)

Ruru (ルル) voiced by Azusa Tadokoro
Kurumi Kumamakura (熊枕 久瑠美) voiced by Misaki Kuno
Shosuke Morohashi (諸橋 翔介) voiced by Daisuke Sakaguchi

Arisu Himeno (姫野 アリス) voiced by Kikuko Inoue
Touko Kashima (華島 冬湖)
Riira Tokiwa (常羽 りーら)
Sakura Miyama (深山 桜)

TV PVs/CMs: https://www.youtube.com/embed/BQ-Mh5gMPwQ?a...DhE5DgQ8N8BVnVN
Official sites: http://phantom-world.com/ & http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/phantom/

Synopsis: In the near future, in a world born of human imagination, what humans would call ghosts or monsters appear, and they come to be called "phantoms." Haruhiko Ichijō, is a first year at Hosea Academy along with his upperclassman Mai Kawakami, who fights phantoms with the ability "Spirit of Five Elements," Reina Izumi, who has the ability "Phantom Eater," and Koito Minase, who fights phantoms in solitude. They experience the ups and downs of high school life before a certain incident leads them to the truth of this world.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Dec 05 2015, 06:18 PM)looking through the list... so many of them sound exactly the same... just a change of clothing or settings... 'end-times'... 'aliens attack/eat the world', 'turn back time' etc... not that there isn't some truth to that from an esoteric viewpoint, after the 'transition', which looks to be next year I think... sometime after the dark star passes by... but as usual, the storylines never get closer to the truth, underlying reality, hyperdimensional etc... oh well... the core is still there, but like the fashion industry, is one repeat after the next it seems.
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jan 4 2016,03:33 PM)the new KyoAni show Myriad Colors Phantom Worldi hope for more backstory and cast development, than ecchi/clichés after ep'1
smile.gif

The first thing I noticed, being a male
ph34r.gif
, was the balloon tits on that blond.... hasn't that aspect been taken a wee bit over the top after many years? It is extremely unlikely to have such 'supersized' accompaniments (
biggrin.gif
) without them being fake... as they make the back hurt alot without building up those muscles... and make it very hard to dress, buy clothes etc... and get way too much attention in public from everyone not used to seeing such a freak show act out and about.... It's just too much for too long.... can't the 'ecchi' minded come up with something different?(Ok, there is the opposite cliche too) isn't that part of the reason for the repetition and thus, boredom associated with these stories? They keep repeating the same storylines and characters. The other girls looked normal, and not freaks of nature, so why the blond? Is it a comment on the boob industry in the 'West'? Subtly doesn't seem to ever be present... and those things get in the way in regular life, imagine the problems any 'magical girl' would have? Unless the writers make that part of the gag... but then the storyline get lost in that process usually....

One that I didn't notice in this regard was MG Lyrical Nanoha.... which started with the characters as elementary students, so I guess the big boobs weren't deemed appropriate....yet! Too bad they didn't go back in the storyline and do an ark about that planet on which the main character almost lost her life.... they mention it, but never really cover it, but mention it in a way that it was a turning point or 'marker' in her life.... oh well, it's no wonder so much of this stuff keeps repeating, the creators are too busy pumping out product to pay attention to what is lost in that process. At least in Nanoha, there was a sense of 'elders' with more experience, though rarely seen of course, but that seems to be one of the problems. Using Star Wars as an example, it takes time to learn how to access, let alone utilize such powers, I'm thinking of Yoda.... The use of elders was well used in that karate film series...
unsure.gif
Karate Kid.... finally remembered it... even the later one with the girl was ok, and most of the story's that have an element of reality, give the character and their process of 'awakening' more depth if others are shown who've gone through the experience before.... know the 'path', can foretell of the dangers to be met along the path etc... Yoda again.... it takes for the young/new to understand and utilized that knowledge of course, but most series make it seem like the magical/special/powerful types get less able as they get older, rather than the reverse that reality demonstrates.... Naruto does this repeatedly... which is why I had to stop watching it... got ridiculously over the top.

From: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anime-spot...tomworld/.96594
Story

"Phantom" - including ghosts, monsters, and UMAs, they are existences that humans kept believing were mere "illusions". To combat those phantoms, the academy set up a "Brain function error countermeasure room". Haruhiko Ichijo, a member of that room, was struggling day to day along with his senpai, Mai Kawakami eliminating phantoms. Another request comes flying into their office again today... A school superpower fantasy of charm, temptation, and fascination. KA Esma Bunko "Musaigen no Phantom World" finally is turning into anime!!

Characters

Haruhiko Ichijo
VA:Hiro Shimono
Hosea Academy High School Division
Class 1-1
age 15

Having read an immense amount of books, he has a reliable side where he overcomes all sorts of difficult situations from his ample knowledge. On the other hand, he often speaks passionately of useless trivia. People around him call him "Unfortunate Knowledge". Hobby is to draw art, and always hides a sketch book in his bag. Seals away phantoms by drawing them as art, and fights by summoning phantoms that he draws. The bag that he always carries is a gift from his mother that went missing.

Sounds like the usual to me... "ample knowledge"... at 15???? Really? How would/did Yoda respond to this/that???
rolleyes.gif
Reading about stuff is meaningless until that data is put into a context one understands... without which, the data/content is meaningless.... again, the Yoda example, or the 'master' in the Karate Kid movies. Seems most, if not almost all of these writers are busy pumping out product for the studios/markets, so it's hard to blame them for this result.

This first episode wasn't bad. I must agree with gdpetti that the animators had some weird ideas about Mai....To have her rub her breasts which are way too large..It didn't fit in with the rest of the characters. Storywise this series may be good..Ruru is a good phantom?? so why is hanging around Haruhiko? If the phantoms can be seen now due to the accident..why can some of them actually influence material?? That must be something else?? Hopefully the series can answer the questions and not turn into a ecchi monster fighting / harem series.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jan 07 2016, 01:32 PM)The other girls looked normal, and not freaks of nature, so why the blond? Is it a comment on the boob industry in the 'West'? Subtly doesn't seem to ever be present... and those things get in the way in regular life
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 09 2016, 02:26 PM)the animators had some weird ideas about Mai....To have her rub her breasts which are way too large..It didn't fit in with the rest of the characters.one word: fanservice! or more like two ;p good thing, ep.2 didn't have as much as previously even with a peeping Ufo... or Reina's finger healing ¬¬ aside lone wolf Koi's power vs phantom drones, I'm liking paranormal and esoteric trivia
tongue.gif

This third episode actually felt to be an improvement compared to the previous episodes. Haruhiko's power was explained a lot more and to have an actual history to Mai (which was not as she remembered
smile.gif
) gave a bit more background. Still a question remains...what is Ruru? Something still feels to be missing about her.
Also what is that little girl doing following them?

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 22 2016, 01:37 PM)compared to the previous episodes. Haruhiko's power was explained a lot more and to have an actual history to Mai (which was not as she remembered
smile.gif
) gave a bit more background.Ep.4 gave too but this time on Reina more seriously, also her strict parents and real sister who left them yet it is weirder... with phantom bunnies posing as her ideal family, so maybe tomorrow they'll explain about Ruru or the stalker loli
sleep.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 01 2016, 04:00 PM)Ep.4 gave too but this time on Reina more seriously, also her strict parents and real sister who left them yet it is weirder... with phantom bunnies posing as her ideal family, so maybe tomorrow they'll explain about Ruru or the stalker loli

Again the phantoms seems weird sometimes. Those phantom bunnies actually tried to be good. Although the effect of Reina leaving her real parents could be considered something evil.
Hopefully the next episodes will shed some light on the true nature of the phantoms.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 02 2016, 01:11 PM)Again the phantoms seems weird sometimes. Those phantom bunnies actually tried to be good. Although the effect of Reina leaving her real parents could be considered something evil.
Hopefully the next episodes will shed some light on the true natureAgain ep.5 shows differences on which help humans, like Kurumi's friendly bear phantom vs a type that Koito chases... By both girls backstory now all the main cast is introduced, but a serious plot with antagonists interests me more next
ohmy.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Feb 09 2016, 05:00 PM) Again ep.5 shows differences on which help humans, like Kurumi's friendly bear phantom vs a type that Koito chases... By both girls backstory now all the main cast is introduced, but a serious plot with antagonists interests me more next
ohmy.gif

First: Necro, your Nekone "Hissy-fit" gif is stuff of legend! Perfect capture of the moment.

I'm slowly starting to come around to this show. I'm ALL about establishing the characters and building group dynamic, but even for my tastes, this show is paced a little slow. But looking forward to it picking a direction now that the core group is assembled and individual motivations have been exposed. Kuma!
laugh.gif
(I REALLY thought they were going to go "Sands Of Destruction" with all the bears and bear-related themes this episode! Would have been perfect if one of the teddybears had worn a bandanna...)

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Feb 11 2016, 12:25 AM)First: Necro, your Nekone "Hissy-fit" gif is stuff of legend! Perfect capture of the moment.

I'm slowly starting to come around to this show. I'm ALL about establishing the characters and building group dynamic, but even for my tastes, this show is paced a little slow. But looking forward to it picking a direction nowwell both gifs kinda fit at the valentine's day thread ;p still yes, Musaigen keeps going slow! let's hope it picks up soon... I mean it was bears then and now cats in ep.7, i like them more but seriously? i have enough with Utawarerumono
laugh.gif

So this was the swimsuit episode...onsen episode. It was kind of okay with the phantom monkey. Not too much to say about it with Haruhiko getting another aid in the form of a giant octopus. This series needs to explain a bit more about the background of phantoms like Ruru. Otherwise this series will become very repetative..

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Feb 28 2016, 12:16 PM)So this was the swimsuit episode...onsen episode. It was kind of okay with the phantom monkey. Not too much to say about it with Haruhiko getting another aid in the form of a giant octopus. This series needs to explain a bit more about the background of phantoms like Ruru. Otherwise this series will become very repetative.yup it was mandatory with just more fanservice, but less character development
Mixing this song ep'8 may fit AMVs, an entertaining series yet for how long?
dry.gif

Hmm, the phantom in the school theater. It was an okay episode but again it fails to connect to the other episodes. Do we ever gonna see some background on the phantoms themselves or the incident? It barely is average right now as a series...

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 05 2016, 01:33 PM)Hmm, the phantom in the school theater. It was an okay episode but again it fails to connect to the other episodes. Do we ever gonna see some background on the phantoms themselves or the incident? It barely is average right now as a series..agreed lately it's going nowhere on the bottom of my watchlist, even Reikenzan or Active raid picked a direction already... but #10 was ok despite its obligatory festival ep, with a good phantom granting Ruru's human size (rakugo @ 8:50)
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Mar 09 2016, 09:53 PM)agreed lately it's going nowhere on the bottom of my watchlist, even Reikenzan or Active raid picked a direction already... but #10 was ok despite its obligatory festival ep, with a good phantom granting Ruru's human size (rakugo @ 8:50)

It was indeed an okay episode with Ruru and having another good phantom. However this could have an episode to actually show some history about Ruru and Haruhiko: we still don't know how she got to be so close to Haruhiko since the accident that made phantoms visible. This series is now below average with these unrelated episodes.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 12 2016, 01:02 PM)However this could have an episode to actually show some history about Ruru and Haruhiko: we still don't know how she got to be so close to Haruhiko since the accident that made phantoms visible. This series is now below average with these unrelated episodeactually Ruru just told she Met Haruhiko in Middle school, despite i would prefer her flashbacks ep.11 improved a bit... showing how much he needed a parental figure, like Mai took care of him as kid until the unrelated sandman phantom
sleep.gif

With the way things are going this feels more like a filler type anime, due to the fact nothing really connects here aside from brushed off mentions of what happened last episode. It's almost to the point of where I'm just killing time because I liked the premise, but the pacing feels like it's all over the place.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 16 2016, 09:59 AM)feels more like a filler type anime, due to the fact nothing really connects here aside from brushed off mentions of what happened last episode. It's almost to the point of where I'm just killing time because I liked the premise, but the pacing feels like it's all overalso by how long the anime is taking with its fillers, is like they're turning it into slice of life without any plot yet... so far i prefer Kyoani's previous series 'Hibike Euphonium', a real shame because that one felt underrated in comparison
huh.gif

Indeed this last episode with him becoming a kid again felt to be another filler. The writers had a chance again but they didn't use it. For a series which uses different phantoms it needs to explain what they are and how they are related to the accident. Otherwise it becomes a repetative episode driven series without any reason to watch all episodes as they all are the same.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 19 2016,1:57 PM)ecoming a kid again felt to be another filler. The writers had a chance again but they didn't use it. For a series which uses different phantoms it needs to explain what they are and how they are related to the accident. Otherwise it becomes a repetative episode driven series without any reason to watch all episodes as they all are the same.rejoice ^^ finally the story advanced in ep.12 with phantom Enigma, an special ability thief posing as Haruhiko's mom... supposedly this season has 13 eps so i guess its finale will be a S2 cliffhanger, 2nd LN cover looks more promising
happy.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back