• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts
  • Interests:Likes: dramas, yaoi manga, kpop, jpop, collecting doujinshi, cooking and baking, anything cute, trying (and failing!) to learn Asian languages

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:15 AM

Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino
Genre: Action, Drama, Romance, Horror
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Licensed by Viz (Shoujo Beat Title)

Summary: The story takes place at Cross Academy, a school where humans and vampires coexist as classmates (although the majority of the 'Day Class' do not know the true identity of the 'Night Class'). Yuuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are both members of the 'Day Class' who act as Guardians (prefects) between the two classes. While Yuuki possess the ideals of coexisting with vampires, Zero has a deep hatred for them.

I first fell in love with this series because of it's artwork. I happened to see a copy of Shoujo Beat with Yuuki on the cover and began researching what series it had been. Viz has only released two volumes so far, but there is roughly six volumes released in Japan. I've read up to 5, and Zero's past is really driving the story. The amazing character designs are enough of a reason to keep reading though wub.gif

Is anyone else reading this series? Although initially I really liked Kaname, I think Zero is my favourite character now. Yuuki seems rather conflicted over her feelings for Kaname and Zero, but I hope she picks Zero myself happy.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Proud Member of the SSS (Suki Suki Sia-chan)
It's all about the pretty boys: Yaoi Anime, Yaoi Manga
Love FSTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)

Forum Rules :: Download FAQ :: My FTV Blog

#2 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8830 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER

To get my original "total post count"..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of "spamming".....bah. >.>

NAMES: -

JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!

COMPLETED DORAMA:-

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1
    4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2
    5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)
    6.) It Started with a Kiss
    7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or "Sapuri")
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger & Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    30.) Boku dake no Madonna
    31.) Good Luck!!
    32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
    35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)
    39.) HERO

Currently Watching DORAMA: -

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)
    8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)
    9.) Coffee Prince
    10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)
    17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    27.) So I'm not so Handsome
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -

1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:19 PM

WOW....looks really good. I heard rumours that there's gonna be an anime of this pretty soon...like in 2008. rolleyes.gif I'll probably start reading this tonight or tomorrow.....coz I simply can't leave a romance manga alone!! XD laugh.gif

#3 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts
  • Interests:Likes: dramas, yaoi manga, kpop, jpop, collecting doujinshi, cooking and baking, anything cute, trying (and failing!) to learn Asian languages

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:03 PM

Yeah, I was expecting one to come out soon. There were SOO many girls cosplaying Yuuki at Anime North this year, I was surprised. I'm kind of hesitant about them making an anime though ... what I really do love about this series is the art, and an anime cannot produce such gorgeous details.

What I like is that this manga doesn't focus specifically on romance. It's there, but it's not overly romantic (so far). It's really more like a giant mystery about the history of all the characters, and how they're all connected.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#4 Hikary

Hikary
  • Kouhais
  • 0 posts
  • Interests:internet and Guns N' Roses, Korn, System...etc

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

I love this manga too. I have read chapter 28.

Edited by Hikary, 06 July 2007 - 06:21 PM.

"Buddy you're a boy
Make a big noise playin' in the street
Gonna be a big man some day
You got blood on your face, big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place"

#5 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:55 AM

Just finished reading chapter 30. Um, Kaname/Zero anyone? you can't deny that the last page was hot!!! Zero taking Kaname's blood ... wub.gif

But I find I tend to lose the actual plot between chapter releases. So confused about who that guy was in chapter 29 ... (but he was cute so all is forgiven??) Maybe he was a new character ... I don't even remember what he did in the chapter, actually ... *needs to reread after the yaoi shock*
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#6 Jazed

Jazed
  • Kouhais
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:03 PM

Where can I find online mangas to read for vampire knight?
I Love Ghost Hunters!!!

#7 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

Vampire Knight is licensed by Viz. It is against site rules to request or share downloads of US licensed series. So we can't tell you where to find scans.

Viz is releasing volume 3 next month! I really need to invest in the books so I can get a better grasp on the story. I'm just waiting for my local comic store to do a sale tongue.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#8 Jazed

Jazed
  • Kouhais
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

So.. you need to buy the volumes in order to read it??
I Love Ghost Hunters!!!

#9 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:28 PM

Online scans may still be available for licensed series, but you will have to find them yourself. All we can tell you is "buy the books and support the artist" because it is against the rules here to share links for licensed series.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#10 xxanime_junkyxx

xxanime_junkyxx

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts
  • Interests:Besides anime and manga? Classical dancing, writing, and doodling over my notes from class when I should be listening to the teacher. <br><br>Favorite shows:<br>-Toward the Terra (2007)<br>-Paradise Kiss*<br>-xxxHOLIC*<br>-Nana*<br>-Nodame Cantabile<br>-The GokuSen &lt;3<br>-Gunslinger Girl<br>-Ouran High School Host Club<br>-Perfect Girl Evolution (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge)<br>-Welcome to the N.H.K<br>-Death Note*<br>-Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and TSR<br>-Zombie Loan<br>-Lovely Complex*<br>-Hataraki Man<br>-REC<br>-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei + Zoku*<br>-Mononoke<br>-Darker Than Black<br>-Baccano!<br>-Samurai Champloo*<br>-Karas*<br><br>Favorite Mangas<br>-My 1/3 Boyfriend*<br>-Nana*<br>-Crimson Hero<br>-Paradise Kiss*<br>-Vampire Knight*<br>-Trinity Blood*<br>-Goth*<br>-Immortal Rain*<br>-Chocolat*<br>-Shinshi Doumei Cross (The Gentlemen's Alliance)*<br>-Demon Flowers*<br><br>Looking Forward to:<br>-xxxholic S2 XD XD XD XD!<br>-Mushiuta S2<br>-Sisters of Wellber S2<br>-Kara No Kyoukai<br>-Minami-ke S2 XD<br>-Vampire Knight!?!?!?! &lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3<br>-Aria: The Organization<br><br>My REVERSE Harem (bwa ha ha..if guys can have it...why not me?!)<br>-Kagure Yuuya (My 1/3 Boyfriend) [STUNNING!]<br>-Zero (Vampire Knight)...hottest emo kid ever*<br>-Abel Nightrod (Trinity Blood)<br>-Kohari (Lovely Complex)<br>-Reiji (Kodomo no Jikan)<br>-Seiran (Suketi Tantei Labyrinth)<br>-Daisuke (Mushiuta)<br>-Kazuma (Kaze No Stigma)<br>-George (Paradise Kiss)*<br>-Light (Death Note)*<br>-Kyoya (Ouran High)<br>-Keisuke Haibuki (Crimson High)<br>-Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile)<br>-Shiito (Zombie Loan)<br>-Nobu (Nana)<br>-Shin (Nana)<br>-Doumeki (xxxHOLIC)<br>-Soldier Blue (Toward the Terra)<br>-Fay (Tsubasa Reservoir)*<br>-Hei (Darker Than Black)<br>-Souske (Full Metal Panic!)<br>-Sasuke (Naruto)*<br>-Keith (Toward the Terra)<br>-Firo (Baccano!)<br>-Makoto (Ghost Hound)<br>-Yuca (Immortal Rain)<br>-Eury (Immortal Rain)*<br>-Jin (Samurai Champloo)<br>-Masayuki (Ghost Hound)<br>-Itoshiki (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

hmmm, after reading your summary and after looking at the awesome reviews on baka-updates (they have 228+ people who voted it as a 10), i think im pretty keen on starting this manga, sounds good, and who could possibly hate a story about vampires? but damn, there's so much out there to read right now..*must find time to read this series*
-----

well anyway, i just caught up to v6 chap 31, which is as far as the updates have gone, i loooooooove it so much....but i keep thinking to myself...kaname or zero? its such a hard decision, i feel bad for yuuki, though i think she's leaning more towards kaname....i think she thinks of zero as more of a brother than anything else
user posted image
"Pity and compassion are privelages that are reserved for the strong. And I am...strong!" -Vino (Baccano!)
Season's Top 5:
1)Ghost Hound
2)Shigofumi
3)Zoku:Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
4)Persona:Trinity Soul
5)Spice and Wolf

#11 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:08 PM

So the big news is ... Vampire Knight is being made into an anime! The release is scheduled for 2008. Read more here.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#12 xxanime_junkyxx

xxanime_junkyxx

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts
  • Interests:Besides anime and manga? Classical dancing, writing, and doodling over my notes from class when I should be listening to the teacher. <br><br>Favorite shows:<br>-Toward the Terra (2007)<br>-Paradise Kiss*<br>-xxxHOLIC*<br>-Nana*<br>-Nodame Cantabile<br>-The GokuSen &lt;3<br>-Gunslinger Girl<br>-Ouran High School Host Club<br>-Perfect Girl Evolution (Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge)<br>-Welcome to the N.H.K<br>-Death Note*<br>-Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and TSR<br>-Zombie Loan<br>-Lovely Complex*<br>-Hataraki Man<br>-REC<br>-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei + Zoku*<br>-Mononoke<br>-Darker Than Black<br>-Baccano!<br>-Samurai Champloo*<br>-Karas*<br><br>Favorite Mangas<br>-My 1/3 Boyfriend*<br>-Nana*<br>-Crimson Hero<br>-Paradise Kiss*<br>-Vampire Knight*<br>-Trinity Blood*<br>-Goth*<br>-Immortal Rain*<br>-Chocolat*<br>-Shinshi Doumei Cross (The Gentlemen's Alliance)*<br>-Demon Flowers*<br><br>Looking Forward to:<br>-xxxholic S2 XD XD XD XD!<br>-Mushiuta S2<br>-Sisters of Wellber S2<br>-Kara No Kyoukai<br>-Minami-ke S2 XD<br>-Vampire Knight!?!?!?! &lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3 &lt;3<br>-Aria: The Organization<br><br>My REVERSE Harem (bwa ha ha..if guys can have it...why not me?!)<br>-Kagure Yuuya (My 1/3 Boyfriend) [STUNNING!]<br>-Zero (Vampire Knight)...hottest emo kid ever*<br>-Abel Nightrod (Trinity Blood)<br>-Kohari (Lovely Complex)<br>-Reiji (Kodomo no Jikan)<br>-Seiran (Suketi Tantei Labyrinth)<br>-Daisuke (Mushiuta)<br>-Kazuma (Kaze No Stigma)<br>-George (Paradise Kiss)*<br>-Light (Death Note)*<br>-Kyoya (Ouran High)<br>-Keisuke Haibuki (Crimson High)<br>-Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile)<br>-Shiito (Zombie Loan)<br>-Nobu (Nana)<br>-Shin (Nana)<br>-Doumeki (xxxHOLIC)<br>-Soldier Blue (Toward the Terra)<br>-Fay (Tsubasa Reservoir)*<br>-Hei (Darker Than Black)<br>-Souske (Full Metal Panic!)<br>-Sasuke (Naruto)*<br>-Keith (Toward the Terra)<br>-Firo (Baccano!)<br>-Makoto (Ghost Hound)<br>-Yuca (Immortal Rain)<br>-Eury (Immortal Rain)*<br>-Jin (Samurai Champloo)<br>-Masayuki (Ghost Hound)<br>-Itoshiki (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Nov 24 2007, 09:08 AM)
So the big news is ... Vampire Knight is being made into an anime! The release is scheduled for 2008. Read more here.

That is so absolutely sweet! I am so excited now! WOOH. It's funny cuz I was craving a VK manga update and instead now they're making a series XD
user posted image
"Pity and compassion are privelages that are reserved for the strong. And I am...strong!" -Vino (Baccano!)
Season's Top 5:
1)Ghost Hound
2)Shigofumi
5)Spice and Wolf

#13 carinelay

carinelay

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:watching anime n korean, taiwan n hk drama

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

I really like this manga. I've finished vol. 5, waiting vol. 6 to come out. I hope Yuki will choose Kaname over Zero since both of them are vampires now.

WOW. An anime of this manga, can't wait for it.

#14 xxanime_junkyxx

xxanime_junkyxx

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

Hmm...wondering, any idea on around when it'll be coming out? Def next year for sure, but they didn't specify..ohhh, they're evil, making us fans anticipate like that!
user posted image
Season's Top 5:
1)Ghost Hound
2)Shigofumi
5)Spice and Wolf

#15 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:48 AM

Volume six is basically "out" in Japan, since chapters 30-33 have already been released in Lala magazine. Though I haven't read since chapter 31 myself. The 'sources' haven't come out with 32+ yet wink.gif

There was an interesting discussion at the same post where I found out about the licensing, about how some fans are starting to dislike Kaname because he's showing to be quite manipulative and possibly evil.

As for the anime, I'm a bit apprehensive. The one thing I love about this series is the art, and no matter how big the budget is for the anime, they won't be able to reproduce it exactly.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#16 xxanime_junkyxx

xxanime_junkyxx

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Nov 27 2007, 09:48 PM)
There was an interesting discussion at the same post where I found out about the licensing, about how some fans are starting to dislike Kaname because he's showing to be quite manipulative and possibly evil.

I would probably be one of those people that finds Kaname annoying, evil and manipulative! I can't stand him whatsoever. Regardless of what he did. Zero is way cooler, way hotter and way....better? Gosh, my arguments in his defense are so awesome! XD

I understand how Kaname saved her life and anything, but come on, Zero's right there, gosh if she doesn't want him then I'll gladly take him!
user posted image
Season's Top 5:
1)Ghost Hound
2)Shigofumi
5)Spice and Wolf

#17 chiisai_hana

chiisai_hana

-nipah!

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:54 AM

I'm a Zero fan myself. Although, I think I won't mind Kaname's evil/manipulative side if it strays away from romance and focuses more on the plot-aspects. I mean, I know he likes Yuuki and sees Zero as an aid in watching her, but letting his blood spill? Hmmm. They could develop that quite well with the whole manipulation thing.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#18 mimiko

mimiko
  • Kouhais
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

smile.gif i personaly like zero more than kaname (but i also read/have meru puri, also by matsuri hino) kaname remainds me of the main caracter biggrin.gif so i also like kaname but way i hope it ends oke btw i thought they were going to make vampire knight into an anime is that tro (don't know how to write that)/correct sad.gif ?? unsure.gif

Yes it is being made into an anime. Read back a few posts.

Edited by chiisai_hana, 01 December 2007 - 02:49 AM.

#19 Andrea

Andrea

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Animes, Comics, Animes Posters, Music, Reading, Singing, Dancing.

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:11 PM

people rejoice for the vampire knight manga is going to turn into anime next year 2008 confirm.
Andrea_Cheryl

#20 xxanime_junkyxx

xxanime_junkyxx

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Nov 27 2007, 09:54 PM)
I'm a Zero fan myself. Although, I think I won't mind Kaname's evil/manipulative side if it strays away from romance and focuses more on the plot-aspects. I mean, I know he likes Yuuki and sees Zero as an aid in watching her, but letting his blood spill? Hmmm. They could develop that quite well with the whole manipulation thing.

It is true, the KanamexYuki relationship has a much more plot developing aspect towards it compared to ZeroxYuki relationship. Way I see it, Zero and Yuki is more of a passionate, hot love, while Kaname and Yuki is a deep crimson red love. That's how I see the two relationships on standpoint. I understand why they are leaning more towards a Kaname and Yuki relationship because of the plot, but still.....ZERO!
user posted image
Season's Top 5:
1)Ghost Hound
2)Shigofumi
5)Spice and Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users