FTV League 3 - Discussion thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

monsta666

-the bee's knees
Staff member
Fansub TV Team

If anyone has any questions or comments regarding the qualification thread or the competition in general please post them here. If you are interested in helping the FTV League team then this is the place to post.

The rules for this tournament are shown below:

Rules:

The changes from previous rounds:
  • Each poster votes for their top 10 favourite female anime characters.
  • Posters are only allowed one vote per round.
  • The top 32 girls will qualify for the actual knock-out tournament.
  • No voting for the girls that finished first or second in previous tournaments. This means posters are not allowed to vote for:
    - HORO from Spice and Wolf
    - SHANA from Shakugan no Shana
    - MIZORE from Rosario + Vampire
    - MIO from K-On!
  • Qualifications will end June 4th at 00:00 +1GMT so get voting everyone!
General Rules:
  • You can only list female characters.
  • You have to write down the character name + the name of the anime where she appeared.
  • The character has to have appeared in an anime or anime-related game. This means if she has only appeared in a manga then votes for her will not be considered. Girls that only appeared in anime games can be entered so Touhou girls will be eligible for this competition.
  • You can only post your list in this thread. For discussion please use the discussion thread
  • Edits are allowed and can be made until the deadline of the vote.
Qualifications will end June 4th at 00:00 +1GMT so get voting everyone!

Well good luck with that monsta-san, and I hope you know what you are doing by saying that the Touhou characters are allowed. Because of you stating that you might not like what you'll get from me.

Also, technically most of the Touhou characters have been noticed if you include the Touhou M-1 Grand Prix videos that are posted and they could of been legit from the get go if this was the case ealier though.

Zounds. xD! ... It's that time of the year again. I'm pretty stoked about how this will play out, actually. A lot of nice, new characters have jumped onto the scene to battle with the vixen of old. I'm kinda proud that Mizore finally got retired... so I can stop pushing for her in the early goings. xD!

I wanted to declare some picks that came to mind because I am pretty set on how this will go...

1) Due to the popularity at the moment, at least 3 characters from the current batch of shows will make the cut.

2) From my personal list... I forsee 4 characters going to the battleground... :-O!

3) I really, really like Kanade's chances to make it into the battle and possibly win. xD!

Those are my declarations and I'll stick to them. It isn't like I'll win an award for it but I want to believe in my choices... So, let's see how this pans out with anime-related game girls being thrown into the mixing pot. Good luck to all the competitors.

I'm willing to bet both Senjougahara and Kanade make it to the top 5. There's something about eccentric women...

And yeah Wolf, I got a good laugh at the variety of your picks. It looks like two of the Touhou girls managed to snag two votes already so we'll see what happens.

I'm a bit concerned with strategic edits, was it a problem in the previous years? Like, you know, I take a look at my list on the last day and edit three that didn't get any other votes out for some that I see are close to qualifying?

Well the girls from Imperishable Night seemed under appreciated. Heck I was hoping for Cirno to have some kind of fight in her, but wishful thinking I guess. I'm just spprised that someone else voted for Orin(Rin), but I think it might have something to do with her being on the FTV Banner this time around.

It might be because I'm a fan of Orin and I also made the FTV Banner. :p
It's mostly Rin who ends up in my Touhou art collection. x:

It was really hard for me to choose this time, I just tried to pick the most loved characters that first came to mind and not think much more about who else I could of chosen. Those who post first might have an advantage I think because it may inspire others to vote for some of the same characters.

Can i post 10 traps again like last league. lmao?

I see you went ahead with this then ibi. Hopefully it will bring in the punters.
Can my list be compromised of ten different C.C. costumes.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 29 2010, 03:49 PM)Well good luck with that monsta-san, and I hope you know what you are doing by saying that the Touhou characters are allowed. Because of you stating that you might not like what you'll get from me.
Well when the girls are as cute as the Touhou girls rules must be bent to allow them in. Like I say, you gotta let the lolis through the back door!

QUOTE (wedora @ May 30 2010, 04:30 PM)I'm a bit concerned with strategic edits, was it a problem in the previous years?  Like, you know, I take a look at my list on the last day and edit three that didn't get any other votes out for some that I see are close to qualifying?
As far as I am aware it was not a major issue for the first FTV League. I didn't really follow the second league so I cannot comment on that league. But there certainly no strategic voting in the first league. People did make edits but these edits did not have any bearing on the final outcome of the result. There was no strategic edits even in the biggest match-up between Shana and Horo who were first and second in the league and that match was decided by a single vote. No one edited in that match-up. Now I cannot be sure there will be no strategic voting in this league but going on what I have seen I think it is unlikely.

QUOTE (shinigamii @ May 30 2010, 10:04 PM)Can i post 10 traps again like last league. lmao?

I see you went ahead with this then ibi. Hopefully it will bring in the punters.
Can my list be compromised of ten different C.C. costumes.
I wonder why you have this obsession with traps?
rolleyes.gif
Well traps aren't girls, as much as you wish it were so! So that's a no. As for C.C., she can be entered but only the once I am afraid. May I suggest Louise from Zero no Tsukaima as a worthy alternative?
tongue.gif

If you need somebody to make icons I'll help
smile.gif
I like making them.
I don't know any of the touhou girls though so if they make it I'll need some help with that lol

Senjougahara is going to make it for sure, thats why I didn't bother voting for her. I'm interested to see who else will make it this time around
smile.gif

I voted for characters I like, and have some sex appeal
wink.gif

Right i voted for Saeko from High School of the Dead, now i was wondering if i can legaly have her in my list since the anime is yet to air, i mean she wont win, plus the anime is only a few weeks from actualy airing so i think i should be allowed to keep her. I mean coming up with 10 anime girls for me was bloody difficult, i should of just put the enite cast of Change 123 and been done with it Pssh It has an anime, in my mind but its still an anime
tongue.gif

I usually don't vote in this, but I did anyways to help get the ball rolling (or so I hope). Reason being as to why I don't vote is because this usually ends up turning into a moe fest and judging from the current votes, it still is.

The lack of votes for "older" series kinda disappoints me.

@Kid-Wolf: future suggestion, rather than doing an all out league where there are thousands of characters to choose from, why not do it one season at a time. i.e. we vote on characters who had appearances from the most recent finished season (in this case the winter 09/10 season) and have them compete instead. See MAL's Anime Hottz Club as an example: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=7714

Well I'm not the one running this time Kit, but you should take it up with monsta-san. Although the problem with that is people complain about not being able to vote for the characters they've known for quite some time now, and want to try and give them a shot.

Besides this is the site trying to pull off something like the Saimoe League... more or less.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 31 2010, 07:06 PM) Reason being as to why I don't vote is because this usually ends up turning into a moe fest and judging from the current votes, it still is.

Thats one reason i dont vote, since i cant see the point, i know i cant talk since ive got 3 people from Kodomo no Jikan in my list, but in part thats because the other people ive voted for have no chance in winning becase i dont watch the new stuff, so i have no interest in those girls.

Regarding the older series thing id like to think that most of my choices are 'old' since Shaman King, Dokuro-chan, Girls Bravo, H20 Footprints in the Sand arent exactly new. Then again having Saeko in my list is probbaly the newest you could get
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 31 2010, 07:06 PM) The lack of votes for "older" series kinda disappoints me.

@Kid-Wolf: future suggestion, rather than doing an all out league where there are thousands of characters to choose from, why not do it one season at a time. i.e. we vote on characters who had appearances from the most recent finished season (in this case the winter 09/10 season) and have them compete instead. See MAL's Anime Hottz Club as an example: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=7714
Hey, I voted for Misato Katsuragi, the's from an older series
biggrin.gif
Extremely popular but still older. I was tempted to vote for Faye Valentine too, Mirielle Bouquet from Noir is another fave, but I didn't vote for them since I thought there is no point, they won't make it (left out Yuuko for that reason
sad.gif
). Still, I voted for characters I really like.

I think Kit's suggestion is a good idea.
We can also have themes in the future like "Babes from the 80s-90s anime" or girls from scifi-mecha, etc. This way characters you really like but who aren't popular at this moment have a chance to win in other competitions.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ May 31 2010, 06:25 PM)QUOTE (Emi-chan @ May 30 2010, 01:58 PM) Those who post first might have an advantage I think because it may inspire others to vote for some of the same characters.

On that point, thanks for voting for P-Ko, Emi.

P-Ko, Shmiko, if I had to choose another Arakawa girl it would be Maria !!
tongue.gif

(Though I admit P-Ko is kinda cute with Chiaki Omigawa's voice and all)

QUOTE (julezia @ May 31 2010, 08:46 AM)If you need somebody to make icons I'll help
smile.gif
I like making them.
I don't know any of the touhou girls though so if they make it I'll need some help with that lol
If you could do that it would be great. I have some Touhou pictures so that shouldn't be a problem.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 31 2010, 07:06 PM)I usually don't vote in this, but I did anyways to help get the ball rolling (or so I hope). Reason being as to why I don't vote is because this usually ends up turning into a moe fest and judging from the current votes, it still is.

We could always do a "golden" league for the next tournament where people can only vote for anime girls from older series. The main issue is defining what 'old' is but I guess a simple criteria could be that the anime series must be at least 3 years old. If you got a better definition I am all up for ideas, I just made that up on the spot. The other angle is to have different category leagues i.e. best 80's girl, best mecha girl etc. I just wonder if people would be interested in a competition like this?

Anyone interested in a competition where you are only allowed to vote for girls in a older series?

Well depending on what is considered old, I may have a very limited array of what girls to pick. I mean I pretty much cam ein when the anime boom just hit so I'm limited to those that were in the late 90's early 2000's.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 31 2010, 10:03 PM) Well depending on what is considered old, I may have a very limited array of what girls to pick. I mean I pretty much cam ein when the anime boom just hit so I'm limited to those that were in the late 90's early 2000's.
If we wanted an older series only contest I think it is best if it was more open i.e. a 80's only contest would alienate the younger viewers on FTV. So if we went down this road it would be better if the selection criteria stated that you can only vote for anime that originally aired before 2000. That way we get a mix that serves the older viewers but at the same time doesn't put off the younger viewers too much. Then again this is only idea, I am just curious to know whether people would be interested in such a league. There is no point arranging a contest that no one is interesting in voting in.

I'd be quite interested in an "old" (and I cringe using that term) anime similar girl tournament thing.

Though it is funny that all of my submissions (other than Misato) are from early to mid 2000's series, Misaka being the exception.

I only voted the ones I have in my top10 on my pc-list, so I didnt really look at who has a chance and who not. I know that my votes probably dont have a chance, since they arent moe or kawai. They are hot and thats what mattes to me.

I would be interested in the "older" competition and saying anyone before 2000 sounds good to me, even though Im a bit limited ^^

But the idea of making it seasonal or yearly is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back