Magicka

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Anybody

-sama
Sempai
6075c1.jpg

Title: Magicka
Developers: Arowhead Studios.
Publishers: Paradox Interactive
Genre: Hack'n'Slash/Action/Arcade/RPG
Year of Release:2011
Available on: Steam.

Story:

Once upon a time, in a generic fantasy world(which was obviously in great peril), only up to the four wizards had the power to make the difference and save the world from the approaching EVIIIIL.

Features:

- A total of one whooping class: Wizard.
- Unique spell casting system of element combos.
- 6 different elements to compose your magic spells leading to thousands of possible combinations.
- Dozens of special "magicka" spells you can cast also.
- Environments actively murdering-youaffecting your gameplay.
- Chapters and chapters of combat, rage as you die again and again] and other awesome things.
- Different weapons you can find hidden with different abilities and usages - its up- to you to choose on what you want to use. Sword that sets your enemies on fire? Sword that sings? Staff that summons laser trees? Staff that blinds your enemies?
- Co op Mode up to 4 players so you can enjoy murering your allies accidentally and getting murdered too
- Oh did i forget ? Friendly Fire.

Trailers:

Get your robes ready
Magicka debut trailer
Magicka Official Teaser Trailer
Magicka Launch Trailer
Magicka Infomercial - TV SHOP style

Screenshots:

Opinion:

Yes I know its not diablTorchlight II, but till it comes out this will do for me very nicely. Lets just say this:
If you expect a total diablo loot-based game, this is not it.
If you except easy game, this is not it.
If you expect to survive co op without dieing a hundred of times, this is not it.

Seriously while singleplayer game is insanely hard(which leads to you getting thrown off the cliffs ten times per level, smashed to pieces 20 times per level and accidentally miscasting the mysterious fireball of doom onto yourself instead of enemies other times), it is even MORE hard and fun in multiplayer co op. Why? Friendly Fire.

Of course you and your friends might want to combine their arcane beams into one huge damage dealing beam, but you ust watch as one of them screws up and beam kills everyone in your party. Of course you might devise a perfect teamplay strategy, but one of your friends will surely accidentally miss the monster with his spell, making you take a full force of a laser beam of his. And of course you will cast a mega shield around yourself and your companions so you can heal them...but you will end up with a bunch of monsters inside it too that will murder you all...

There are no warriors, no rogues, only wizards with their pesky magicks that 99% of time will blow up themselves faster than the enemies.

So if you expect a hard, unique and funny game that likes to parody the genre and throw some jokes all the while murdering you and making you repeat the same map for thousands of times, then this game is for you.

Some gameplay Hints i found out (spoiler'd in case you want to discover them yourself all while raging and dieing repeatedly). only for chapter 1-2.:

Two hidden elements of the game:

Q(water)+F(fire) = Steam Element (has an icon of tornado).
Q(water)+R(Cold) = Ice Element ( has an icon of icycle)

Tutorial Boss Fight(Tutorial).
You can quickly win this one by burning the rope and making a chandelier fall onto the Beholder.

Chapter 1 Hidden Magicks(first map after tutorial):

If you freeze the water and go into the down right part of the outside map in the zone where you exit the academy, you can find a tower with a guy fallen from it and a book that contains Grease magick.

Chapter 1 Hidden Items (first Map after tutorial):
at the very start of the map, once you exit the mage academy, you can break the door on the left to obtain Staff of the White Wizard

Chapter 1 Hidden Items(second Map):

bottom left corner of the map - Excalibur sword.
In the area with Quest Giver Girl - Staff of Life

Chapter 1 Final Boss Fight hints:
- Its best to make sure that Bjork(the brave captain) does not die)
- The best weapon against the boss is A+S+F+left click - a thunder/arcane/fire beam. Thunder doubles the damage increase of beam, fire negates troll's regen and arcane delivers it in laser-like attack, making more likely to not have friendly casualties

Chapter II Hidden Magicks:

Rain inside a cave from which the goblins appear before the town part.
Other magick books are placed in very visible places in boss fights.

Chapter 2 final boss - Jormungandt
Just keep placing normal shields (either sphere or directional versions, not the self version) to make the snake damage itself when it attacks and hits the shield. Use haste to evade attacks if you do not ge tthe shield up in time

Magicka:Vietnam that just made me laugh. Seriously WTF. Honestly this game is terribly broken. They need to fix many of the glitches but even so it is still infuriatingly fun.

It makes me want to bash my brains out while deliriously laughing.

Definitely cant wait for the dlc. Show those vietcongs some magical warfare.

Ahahaha lol wtf, I wonder if that's real or just one of their usual jokes?

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 01 2011, 07:16 PM) Ahahaha lol wtf, I wonder if that's real or just one of their usual jokes?
Yes its real, coming next month, alongside the another smaller free DLC (since we got one already in form of BSOD spell and Staff of Bugs)

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 01 2011, 06:04 PM)Magicka:Vietnam that just made me laugh. Seriously WTF. Honestly this game is terribly broken. They need to fix many of the glitches but even so it is still infuriatingly fun.\

Don't know about that. Since Patch 11 or was it 10, haven't encountered even smallest bugs in the game.

QUOTE (Anybody @ Mar 02 2011, 09:46 AM) Don't know about that. Since Patch 11 or was it 10, haven't encountered even smallest bugs in the game.
Meh, all sorts of graphic issues are still there. Flickering shadows, texture clipping/falling through etc. And the multiplayer is still hopelessly bugged, but at least now it's playable. Still, I may have completed the arena over 20 times now, but never got the achievement because the game chooses to kick me off just a moment before the "win" screen.

Tried it for about half an hour and bored me too death. All those combinations of spells where just no fun. I hate games which are actually work in disguise. I wanna have fun playing and not work.

Work? Are you kidding me? It's probably the easiest game to pick up, AND almost everything is available at the start, so there's no grinding involved either. Push a few buttons and see stuff explode!

I suppose it's true then that too many modern console games come down to "Push A to win" if people are complaining that Magicka is too much work >__<

Haha. Just hearing about it, I had to try it. The mechanics are pretty good - including the parts where you can kill yourself too.

Do: DDDFF, cast on self >:))

Or Summon Phoenix at inappropriate times.
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back