High School of the Dead

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
I was doing some browsing and i was suprised that this Manga didnt have its own thread, since i though it was rather popular here so i created one for it

Yeah so basicaly its for the discussion on the Manga, since there isnt an Anime for it, at least i dont think there is.

I still think this is a good manga, i thought this Manga would get sorta stale, but nope it proved me wrong, and im still loving it

The 1st extra scene wasnt that bad, but it wasnt amazing either but i think the next one will be great though

gotta admit, its one of my favs right now; i'm constantly hoping Rei falls down again
wub.gif
(some of you know what im talking about
wink.gif
) anyway, this manga has some great ecchi scenes and the plot just gets better every chapter... although there were a few people that got killed off that i wish didn't, not saying it takes away from the manga in any way; just made me feel bad for them

btw for those who haven't guessed, i'm a Rei fan; she is just too hot
laugh.gif
, not saying the other girls aren't because they are (this only includes the grown girls)

It's definitely one of my favorite artwork for ecchiness type stuff. I wish he did more regular manga cause this is the only thing I know of by this artist that isn't hentai.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 16 2008, 11:06 PM) It's definitely one of my favorite artwork for ecchiness type stuff. I wish he did more regular manga cause this is the only thing I know of by this artist that isn't hentai.
this is another one of his works, Futari Bocchi Densetsu... its comedy, ecchi, seinen; currently only 1 volume out though i believe

WoW, its been a long time.....I remember not wanting to share this with you guys....thought it was too good.
tongue.gif
But I think Hama or was it ND, who made me talk about it sometime last year.
rolleyes.gif

I think the last chapter I read was probably 9 or 10.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jun 16 2008, 03:12 PM)
btw for those who haven't guessed, i'm a Rei fan; she is just too hot
laugh.gif
, not saying the other girls aren't because they are (this only includes the grown girls)
Fair does dude, all though i think ill stand firmly by Saeko myself, since she is just so freaking ace, nice body aswell, plus she does Kendo what more could a guy want, plus the whole Blood lust thing is just too darned amazing for me.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 17 2008, 07:06 AM)WoW, its been a long time.....I remember not wanting to share this with you guys....thought it was too good. But I think Hama or was it ND, who made me talk about it sometime last year.

I think the last chapter I read was probably 9 or 10.

Ahhh dude your missing out, i really do think that you get your butt into gear and catch up, it truly just gets better the more the story goes on....

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jun 17 2008, 06:26 AM)QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 16 2008, 11:06 PM) It's definitely one of my favorite artwork for ecchiness type stuff. I wish he did more regular manga cause this is the only thing I know of by this artist that isn't hentai.
this is another one of his works, Futari Bocchi Densetsu... its comedy, ecchi, seinen; currently only 1 volume out though i believe

Comedy, Eechi and Seinen? If i can find some translation, i think ill give it a try then........

QUOTE wow.... i like anime and mangas that are about zombies....i'm somehow happy that there's a thread about this manga. i like rei's character, and the ecchi scenes are hot.....but it's not in a perverted way....

Well I have to admit, I am impressed with this shit so far.

I've just discovered this series this morning when I typed in "Zombie Anime" in "Google", & this series appear and caught my attention because it has "of the Dead" on it, & have to say I like the manga & the story so far. I'm really intersted with how this is going, but what I'm kinda dissapointed about is that characters that I like gets killed of, & the characters that I don't like didn't...namely that Shido guy & his followers. That guy's a F**khead & he deserves to be killed along with his followers, who are all another bunch of f**kheads for listening to that guy & got one student thrown out of the bus & left for him to be eaten, & to top it of Rei should have shot him on the spot, or she should have just shot him on the leg. KILL SHIDO!!!!!!! KILL HIS FOLLOWERS!!!!!!! KILL ALL THEM F**KING LOT!!!!!!!

I have to say all them girls are georgeous, well only Rei, Saeko, & Shizuka are. I like Rei becaue she brings in something that the chaacter Takashi need to go forward. The two characters I am attracted to are Saeko, & Shizuka, because Saeko can really kick-ass with her sword and looks good with it, & the school nurse Shizuka is just down right georgeous. For a guess, if anything were to happened to Rei, then Saeko might be the choice because I've notice the relationship between the two are developing, and a fling might somewhat happened between them. Or just for a laugh, if there's no one left then how about the school nurse Shizuka, because it wouldn't be the first time a teacher/student relationship happened & Ill have a laugh if that happened, because when the group were at her place and then Shizuka was drunk & naked after a bath , then if Takashi did something for her then some sort of a fling might have happened. But obviously none of this is going to happened because he would still have feelings for Rei and would only pick her

The one character that have been my most favorite throughout the series is Kohta, because he's a nerd, fat, & wears glasses, but he seriously kick-ass when he uses a gun, he even got Asami developing an attraction to him, & she's maybe 6 or 8 years older than him. The Kohta & Asami bit has become my favorite pair & I hope the two did get hooked up, but unfortunately she snapped when her senior is a zombie , and them being a pair looks dimmer than yogurt. He could have atleast though of taking her in the group with him.

Another character I was staring to like is Tamaru. He's a gangster, he's a DJ, & he could have been a good gun buddy for Kohta because the two can shoot stuff together, however the guy bit the dust but he went down a hero. What they should have done is have Tamaru go first then have Takashi go last, because it would be quicker for the group to lift him up. Anyway I salute the guy for what he did.

There are parts that I'm curious & thinking about:

*What did happened to Shido (hope he gets eaten) or his followers (hope they get eaten)
*How did the outbreak started
*Did Saya's parent's made it out
*Will the group meet up with sniper-girl Rika
*How will the group & the mall surivors make it out, & if they did then where will they go
*Is there really a conspiracy going on

Anyway I'm really looking forward to what the next issue brings

Also, believe it or not there are two facts about this:

1) The creator of this manga was infact a fan of George. A. Romano's Dawn of the Dead, so he based this manga on the event of the movie, Meaning both Dawn of the Dead & Highschool of the Dead are in the same world

2) When I first discovered this there was rumors that the creator is thinking of making a TV series or a movie of it, but has not yet confirmed if the studio is giving it the green-light...fingers crossed

THEY JUST ANNOUNCED AN HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD ANIME AND ALSO THE END OF THEIR 1 YEAR HIATUS!!!!
Check moetron for details

QUOTE (trunks38109 @ Feb 02 2010, 11:25 AM) THEY JUST ANNOUNCED AN HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD ANIME AND ALSO THE END OF THEIR 1 YEAR HIATUS!!!!
Check moetron for details
You just gave me the best news I could hear right now. Absolutely fantastic news. Absolutely love the manga. I can only hope that the character designs can transfer well into anime as the HSofD character designs are personal favorites for ecchi material.
Edit: I'm an idiot and read that completely wrong. Never even realized things were on hiatus. Just kinda assumed things were taking a while to be scanlated.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 02 2010, 04:56 PM) You just gave me the best news I could hear right now. Absolutely fantastic news. Absolutely love the manga. I can only hope that the character designs can transfer well into anime as the HSofD character designs are personal favorites for ecchi material.
Edit: I'm an idiot and read that completely wrong. Never even realized things were on hiatus. Just kinda assumed things were taking a while to be scanlated.
Yeah its been on a hiatus for what seems like an eternity which is a shame since ive been wanting them to leave the damn Mall for a long time now, then when they finaly get ready to leave it goes on Hiatus
tongue.gif

Im more intrersted in the manga resuming, but the anime should be good
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Awesome series

Although i hope they dont censor the fuck out of this series though lol

(Oh my god im still positing here lol, its been ages)

QUOTE Why do people get horny when there s an apocolypse

Fear is as strong an aphrodisiac as pain, pleasure, hormones and bodily fluids.

Meh, and here I was hoping I could say enjoy your permanent hiatus... I however prefer Inazuma's doujins.

Any idea of a hard number when the manga is coming back?

Just finished reading all the chapters, and this manga is soooo good. Every single character is interesting in it's own way, not to mention they introduce someone, and kill him right away.

Really looking forward to seeing how this unfolds.

From what i read the manga its serialised in is out in a few days so shouldnt be long if the scans are quick.

That was an amazing chapter.

I dunno, but I get the feeling, Kouta is gonna go crazu pretty soon.

Yeah, I wouldnt have thought that Asami would die that soon, but at least it was done greatly.

Looking forward to the next chapter in July.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Apr 19 2010, 05:56 AM) Yeah, I wouldnt have thought that Asami would die that soon, but at least it was done greatly.

Looking forward to the next chapter in July.
No offense, but how the hell is dying for some emo kid, who stabbed a person due to his own psychosis even close to being great?

I think that was the most pathetic way anyone has died so far.

Why would anyone risk their life to save such a pathetic life is beyond me. No offense, but sacrifing 2 perfectly healthy people to save a psycho kid who even kills humans, and flooded the damn with zombies killing a few other humans seems like a good idea.

Such shame for Asami to have gone so fast.

Im just hating this chapter alltogether.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back