Flying Witch

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: flying witch
Japanese: ふらいんぐうぃっち
Airing date: 9/4/2016 (TV series 12 episodes and short ONA specials)
Genres: Comedy, Supernatural, Slice of Life, Shounen
Original creator: Chihiro Ishizuka
Director: Katsushi Sakurabi
Written by: Deko Akao
Music by: Yoshiaki Dewa
Character designer: Masato Yasuno
Art director: Yasuhiro Okuno
Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Director of photography: Yoshio Ookouchi
Color key by: Tomomi Andō
Recording adjustment: Kenji Hoshino
Sound effects: Yasumasa Koyama
Studio: J.C.Staff
Network: NTV, SUN, RAB, BS Nittele, MMT
Opening theme: "Shanranran feat.96 Neko (シャンランラン feat.96猫)" by miwa
Ending theme: "Nichijō no Mahō (日常の魔法 / The Magic of Everyday Life)" by Minami Shinoda and Eri Suzuki

Main cast: Makoto Kowata (木幡琴) voiced by Minami Shinoda
Chinatsu Kuramoto (倉本夏) voiced by Eri Suzuki
Kei Kuramoto (倉圭) voiced by Shinsuke Sugawara
Supporting cast: Akane Kowata (木茜) voiced by Kana Aoi
Nao Ishiwatari (石渡お) voiced by Shiori Mikami

Anzu Shiina (椎名んず) voiced by Yuka Iguchi
Inukai (犬養) voiced by Mari Hino
Familiars: Chito (チト) voiced by Ai Kayano
Kenny (ケニー) voiced by Ayane Sakura
Aru (アル) voiced by Ari Ozawa

Synopsis: 15-year-old Makoto Kowata is a witch. Accompanied by her black cat Chito, the somewhat aimless girl moved from Yokohama to live with her second cousin in Aomori in verdant northern Japan. Kowata Makoto is an air head with a bad sense of direction that just moved into her relative's house... But is that all?

QUOTE (Norren @ Mar 12 2016, 10:12 PM)Flying Witch - Seems familiar for a reason I can't pin my finger down on. I don't remember reading it, but the nostalgia vibe it gives off means I may have?
QUOTE (gdpetti @ Feb 01 2016,10:14 PM)sounds familiar... a lot of these are using previously recognized storylines, so it is always a question of execution of a known form....also literally telling by its cast, looks like the witch has some magical familiars
wink.gif

Doesn't that flying witch remind you of ??? Kiko? is that it.... the one in training, taking that job in a town away from home, Kiko or something like that... of course, this sounds more like a variation on the magical girl theme... otherwise she's a 'normal' girl of course.
rolleyes.gif
Perhaps a Disney type version of that Michael J. Fox's film Teenage Werewolf?

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Mar 23 2016, 06:37 PM)Doesn't that flying witch remind you of ??? Kiko? is that it.... the one in training, taking that job in a town away from home, Kiko or something like that... of course, this sounds more like a variation on the magical girl theme... otherwise she's a 'normal' girlyou mean Kiki ;p but yeah they're kinda alike, as Mako told in ep'1 that witches leave their home after they're 15 year old... so glad i turned down my speakers prior the mandrake yells, I thought she would scare Chinatsu in Petit Specials
tongue.gif

I have read this manga before!

It's been so long I remember almost nothing, tho'. (I remembered the Mandrake when she commented on the smell, tho'!)

This one looks to be tons of good natured fun.
laugh.gif

It may indeed be a nice anime to watch. This series does feel like Kiki's delivery service with the black cat and the witches having to leave home at a certain age.
The first episode was good with some nice scenes. The mandrake scene did give some hints about the future episodes...why did certain girls react to the sound? Probably other witches who are hiding their existence?

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 10 2016, 08:24 AM)It may indeed be a nice anime to watch. This series does feel like Kiki's delivery service with the black cat and the witches having to leave home at a certain age.
The first episode was good with some nice scenes. The mandrake scene did give some hints about the future episodes...why did certain girls react to the sound? Probably other witches who are hiding their existence?
For me, I think this will be the new "Book of Friends" this season. Just a light-hearted, "guilty-pleasure" show. Almost slice of life, but WITH MAGIC!

Oh, and to be true to form:

Akane = Waifu!!! All others = FRIEND ZONE.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 10 2016, 02:44 AM)This one looks to be tons of good natured fun.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 13 2016, 11:33 AM)Akane = Waifu!!! All others = FRIEND ZONE.
tongue.gif

too bad the harbinger of spring debuts in ep'2 instead scaring Chinatsu, but her hot mom had more screentime... maybe next we'll see a super lucky prediction for Nao, at least Mako's cat isnt a troublesome familiar like others from Rinne
smile.gif

This sure is a relaxed series. That second episode with the harbinger and cooking was just simple entertainment to just relax for half an hour.

Hmm, i wouldn't say like Aria. It is a series which does not seem to show excitement or something like that. I will give an example: one part of episode 2 is about gathering edible plants while going home from school and cooking those plants. As the younger sister does not like to eat it as it is bitter she is considered not mature yet. While the witch does eat it as she is older and on her way to becoming an adult. Not the most exciting story to say at least.

You aren't making it sound very appealing.
unsure.gif
There must be something likeable, right? Is it a nice sleep aid at night?
tongue.gif
That's what Aria was like... a couple of eps would put your right to sleep... in a good way.
cool.gif

So far this season, I've not heard of anything I'd like... still waiting on that one about the kid who does much of nothing, bugged by his friend/s... a concept that reminds me of Seinfeld on US tv a decade or 2 back.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 20 2016, 12:26 PM)It is a series which does not seem to show excitement or something like that.
QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 20 2016, 08:09 PM)this season, I've not heard of anything I'd like... still waiting on that one about the kid who does much of nothing, bugged by his friend/s... a concept that reminds me of Seinfeld on US tv a decade or 2 back.Im glad ep'3 got a bit More exciting with Akane's arrival after farming (real, not RPG) ;/ but tanaka-kun isn't for me... i agree with gdpetti so given his interests i suggest him Kiznaiver (thriller), Mayoiga (Mystery) or Joker game (historical)
wink.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 21 2016, 03:09 AM)You aren't making it sound very appealing. There must be something likeable, right? Is it a nice sleep aid at night? That's what Aria was like... a couple of eps would put your right to sleep... in a good way.

Then i will correct my previous post
smile.gif
. This is a good show and yes, you can get a good night sleep from this series. It is relaxing to watch so give it a try
smile.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 21 2016, 03:09 AM)So far this season, I've not heard of anything I'd like... still waiting on that one about the kid who does much of nothing, bugged by his friend/s... a concept that reminds me of Seinfeld on US tv a decade or 2 back.

Do you mean Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge? That series is already on episode 3. It is pretty fun with some good scenes.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 23 2016, 03:02 PM)
Then i will correct my previous post
smile.gif
. This is a good show and yes, you can get a good night sleep from this series. It is relaxing to watch so give it a try
smile.gif

Do you mean Tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge? That series is already on episode 3. It is pretty fun with some good scenes.
Still liking this series a lot.

And the Tanaka-kun series is really starting to get somewhere now that the cast is starting to assemble. This past episode was just genuine old-fashioned slice of life story-telling, and I loved it all!

As for this series, I was wondering if Akane was just another cousin, or what. Makoto has some serious hope for herself in the future if Akane is any kind of measuring guide.

I wonder if Chinatsu is going to end-up being an unnaturally-strong "natural witch" who's powers are just going to manifest one day? Or maybe the writer is just emphasizing her children's point of view wonderment at all the abnormal things happening around her. Time will tell, I guess.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 23 2016,04:36 PM)As for this series, I was wondering if Akane was just another cousin, or what. Makoto has some serious hope for herself in the future if Akane is any kind of measuring guide.Considering her big sister can teleport to Africa yes! a genius, i doubt this other witch hottie Inukai is a worthy rival... Nicely ep.4 isn't only an obligatory cherry blossom festival, seeing that fortune teller furry as victim of their witchcraft
laugh.gif

Yeah, nice SOL with a twist... and how the whole witchcraft thing is unusual, but not exceptionally so, at least in that family, out in more rural areas. Interesting how they are developing the story around the family unit more than the witch... so far at least, introducing the gang so far, one that keeps expanding in interesting ways.... They haven't mentioned how the family she's staying at is connected, unless it's by marriage to a non-witchy family... like that ole US tv show, Bewitched? That's what it reminds me of so far. Light comedy... family friendly.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Apr 30 2016, 08:41 PM)so far, one that keeps expanding in interesting ways.... They haven't mentioned how the family she's staying at is connected, unless it's by marriage to a non-witchy family... like that ole US tv show, Bewitched? That's what it reminds me of so far. Light comedy... family friendly.
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Apr 10 2016, 08:24 AM)mandrake scene did give some hints about the future episodes...why did certain girls react to the sound? Probably other witches who are hiding their existence?uhm now thinking about Mako's relatives only Chinatsu reacted, she could have potential as witch like Knorris expected... Nao did too and Anzu (Not introduced yet), so maybe no wizards here ala Kiki's? Still nice ep.5 with ninja Chito GPS
tongue.gif

So a cat orientated episode this time. It was indeed a nice episode with the little differences in the same places visited by Chinatsu and Makoto respectively. The little remark about the flower petal came true in the end
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ May 08 2016, 12:44 PM)indeed a nice episode with the little differences in the same places visited by Chinatsu and Makoto respectively. The little remark about the flower petal came true in the end
smile.gif
.considering last time lacked witchy stuff for me ep'6 got more lively, after Mako learns levitation to not ride brooms... "when pigs fly" is an understatement now as Chinatsu's parents easily let her be Akane's apprentice, fan of Jackie Chan?
biggrin.gif

It's a nice little series so far, focused on the family SOL and not much on the magic, which has taken a backseat for the most part. At least the premise isn't stupid like most series this season, most of which I can't get through the first episode. This one reminds me of Non Non Biyori... a more small town rural feel to it, than the usual cityscape storylines. Very easygoing. This cat episode is interesting, but they haven't really told us much about the cat... how aware is it? is it communicable with just witches, or others or other cats etc?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back