Licensed Anime

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
Well i couldn't find a thread like this so i guess it is safe to open up a thread where we can announce any anime/manga that have been licensed. If there is one already like this or in the wrong category then sry 'bout that ahead of time. Anyways here r some newly licensed ones today and i no a lot of u may b disappointed once u hear this as some of the anime below are on fansub.tv so brace ur selves. Note all of below r from ANN:

Double Posting is allowed in this thread, only if its an update to licensed anime. All other regular rules still apply. Please mark all newly licensed anime in red

Format:
#) anime/manga title --company/US distributor

1) Witchblade--Funimation (official acquisition today) <------------
sad.gif

2) Solty Rei--Funimation
3) Glass Fleet--Funimation
4) Kasimasi (manga)--Seven Seas Entertainment <------------
sad.gif

5) Kodomo no Jikan (manga)--Seven Seas Entertainment
6) Shinigami no Ballad (manga)--Seven Seas Entertainment
7) Paradise Kiss--Geneon <---------------
sad.gif

8) Black Lagoon--Geneon <---------------
sad.gif

9) Hello Kitty: Stump Village--Geneon <----------
blink.gif

10) Galaxy Angel 2 (manga)--Broccoli
11) Kon Kon Kokon (manga)--Broccoli
12) Nerima Daikon Brothers--ADV
13) Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid--ADV (Funimation will only handle marketing
tongue.gif
)

Alright. Thanks for the update. Looks like we missed one from earlier (FMP:TSR) and Paradise Kiss is news to me.

LOLXD. all those licenses were mentioned at the Anime Expo 2006 today XD!!!!!!. i was at every panel looking at the companie's licenses for the summer press release, and it was surprising.... they even got more below their display case XD.

and i got my first view of the Dubbed Fate/stay night. pretty... good, i guess.

So FMP: TSR will be recorded at ADV while Funimation distributes? Makes sense from the Yu-Gi-Oh! DVDs distributed by Funi. People already knew Funi would be doing Witchblade from all of the rumors circulating. Besides, it's only 24 episodes so it's in league with Fate Stay Night. What about Makai Senki Disgaea? Isn't that licensed by Geneon as well since the first DVD will come out in December? Is the dubbed version of Fate done by the same VAs who did Tsukihime?

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jul 2 2006, 09:03 PM) LOLXD. all those licenses were mentioned at the Anime Expo 2006 today XD!!!!!!. i was at every panel looking at the companie's licenses for the summer press release, and it was surprising.... they even got more below their display case XD.

and i got my first view of the Dubbed Fate/stay night. pretty... good, i guess.
i hope they didn't cut anything out in the dub fsn. Was there any news on a release date or some sort of premier date in the us?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 2 2006, 05:53 PM) 1) Witchblade--Funimation (official acquisition today) <------------
sad.gif

*laughs at this* You mean, more than 5 people watched it in order to get attention brought to it? Witchblade the comic doesn't even have a big enough fanbase to warrant the release. How is the skewed Japanesed version going to do any better? Sorry to any fans of the anime, but...

I could only watch one episode before I started trying to swallow my mouse. I'm surprised my external harddrive didn't kill itself.

I read at another site that Bang Zoom! is working on Fate Stay Night, so I guess I was right about bringing back those who were in Tsukihime. These are the panelists: Johnny Yong Bosch,Tony Oliver, Stephanie Sheh, Alex Simon, Sandy Fox, Lex Lang, Steve Blum, Dorothy Fahn, Michelle Ruff, Julie Maddalena, Kirk Thornton, Julie Ann Taylor, Wendee Lee, Kristi Reed, Mami Okada, Patrick Rodman, and Eric Sherman. Fate Stay Night vol.1 may probably come out November 14 (unconfirmed). There also working on another Geneon title that Stephanie Sheh is directing but it's unknown (Probably Black Lagoon or Paradise Kiss). Makai Senki Disgaea is probably recorded at PCB Productions since the studio did do the .hack series and the game Disgaea. Hello Kitty: Stump Village is a claymation show coming out in October. Hellsing Ultimate OVA 1 will come out in 12/05/06 and bringing back the cast that did the TV series (New Generation Pictures).

damn i can't believe they got the second season already...
sad.gif
hopefully whoever is/was subbing it will continue.

Although i hate to admit some of these anime, rules are rules:

1) Witchblade(manga)--Bandai
2) Karakuri Kiden Hiwou Senki--Bandai
3) Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A new Translation movie--saw this one coming sooner or later since they have a lot of the gundam series already.
4) .hack//roots--Bandai <----------NOOOOOOO The series is only halfway
5-wutever) rest are manga not very important here since fansub doesn't release/distribute manga.

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Bandai licensed .hack//Roots halfway through the series just like Geneon licensed Fate Stay Night halfway through the series. Funimation licensed anime that gives them revenue, more like underrated and probably okay series (thinking Sunabouzu changed to Desert Punk). Witchblade will probably be good on Adult Swim, but will definitely be outshined by Bleach in terms of ratings.

QUOTE (rpgman1 @ Jul 3 2006, 02:25 PM) Bandai licensed .hack//Roots halfway through the series just like Geneon licensed Fate Stay Night halfway through the series. Funimation licensed anime that gives them revenue, more like underrated and probably okay series (thinking Sunabouzu changed to Desert Punk). Witchblade will probably be good on Adult Swim, but will definitely be outshined by Bleach in terms of ratings.
hopefully fate/stay night will be aired on adultswim. I think it will outshine a lot of the dubbed anime if the casts are good. However, i doubt that it will happen for a while.

Well if all the animes I like are being licensed, what am I going to watch?!
sad.gif

But yeah business comes first, then the fans.....
dry.gif

QUOTE (solarwing @ Jul 3 2006, 02:31 PM) Well if all the animes I like are being licensed, what am I going to watch?!:(
that's true. Quite a bit of the spring shows were licensed and a lot of them were actually good except witchblade i guess, but shows like black lagoon and .hack//roots aw man i don't want to even go into detail about those.
hopefully they don't take suzuka anime or even worse the summer shows like zero no tsukaima, tsuyokiss, and gundam seed stargazer (very possible since it is a one month break after every episode).

QUOTE But yeah business comes first, then the fans.....
dry.gif

i hate that fact
dry.gif
mad.gif

There are so many Gundam series that are yet to be licensed here in the US (mostly older series like Gundam V, Gundam X, Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam). Come on, what's with these series? They probably have better character development and stories than the recent SEED and SEED DESTINY. No, our latest generation cares about flashy graphics and pitiful character development. Come on people, we want these series brought here to the US so we can understand what Gundams are really about: Reality of war and character change & growth.

It surprises me that no one licensed Ichigo 100% yet... it is such a great show...

QUOTE (rpgman1 @ Jul 3 2006, 02:37 PM) There are so many Gundam series that are yet to be licensed here in the US (mostly older series like Gundam V, Gundam X, Gundam ZZ, Turn A Gundam). Come on, what's with these series? They probably have better character development and stories than the recent SEED and SEED DESTINY. No, our latest generation cares about flashy graphics and pitiful character development. Come on people, we want these series brought here to the US so we can understand what Gundams are really about: Reality of war and character change & growth.
it doesn't matter about dub gundam series since a lot of the story line and voice/actor casting goes haywire or the attacks like in G Gundam were messed up ie erupting god finger ---> burning finger
blink.gif
i mean wut is up with that. The only good dub im looking forward to is destiny since after seeing it on youtube earlier in the spring it actually wasn't bad. US companies just murdered seed and G Gundam and i think wing too(not sure).

QUOTE It surprises me that no one licensed Ichigo 100% yet... it is such a great show...

let's hope it stays that way...

QUOTE (solarwing @ Jul 3 2006, 05:31 PM) But yeah business comes first, then the fans.....
dry.gif

They're doing it for the fans. Rather than downloading illegal videos, we can now go buy the DVDs and related merchandise. You should be happy when a show gets licensed! (Although it's a pain when you're only half way through and all the subs suddenly disappeaer, I know
dry.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back