Id

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Anybody

-sama
Sempai
i10814_cover.jpg

Author: Daewoo Kim
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen
Type: Manhwa

CODE Legend says that eons ago this land was born when God sealed beings of Chaos into the crystals, thus destroying the lifeforms of the past and starting the Age of Man.

When five travellers saved a mysterious boy, Id, from a huge pack of orcs and offered him to travel with them, they did not know just what will this person bring onto them.

Id - charismatic, young, pretty, arrogant warrior "from another land" soon befriends the five travellers and travels with them towards their destination. In between his new friends Id finds true friendship...and even true love.

However...

Inside he hides many secrets and soon he will become a big mystery for the travellers who saved him.

Who is the Id, a person even demons fear to meet?
What will the encounter between five travellers and Id bring to the world?
Just how powerful is Id, whose powers do not belong to magic nor martial arts?
What secrets hide in the name of "Id"... and the land itself?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I seriously can't believe that the thread for this is still not there...Am I only one reading this stuff or what?
dry.gif

Hi! Newbie here.
smile.gif

I read all the available chapters of Id this week. At first I was kind of apprehensive with the whole lord of the rings, rpg theme the manhwa seems to be going for at the beginning but that soon passed as my enjoyment of the story increased. At first glance Id might seem to have no depth at all but by the end of the latest chapter I have got to say that it has got to be one of my favorite fantasy, adventure shonen story out there next to Hunter x Hunter! ^^

cons: At the beginning the fact that Id really looks like a girl is a turn off if you expect your hero to be in the tradition of the shounen genre.

pros: Great story, plot, action scenes, and kind of original take on the cliche rpg themed mangas/manwhas out there. Also, add the fact that Id's a fantastic, kick ass character too! ^^

I read this because of the recommendation made by Anybody, and it was not a mistake.

Great manhwa , the main character really does look like a girl, but that adds a lot of comedy.

Aside from that let me be one of the first to say what a beast he is. I really like overpowered main characters that don't make the plot or battles suck.

Recommended to anyone who likes Fantasy and Main characters that prove to be powerful underdogs.

Spoiler tags just in case, though I'm not sure they really protect anything. sorry!

Great story, great artwork

I am reading it since beginning of the scanlation, one of my favorite alltime

herbly recommend it for fans of the fantasy gere

So finally we are getting more chapters translated...

So, 81
I am quite sure that Id won't destroy the "perfect existence" stone, considering its been refered to in the present timeline

Its quite clear that even if Id defeats "God". Chaos will be sealed too

For now its quite clear that the one who "guided" him to the past was the future version of his or something(same outfit and the white hair Id now has).

What is the point of showing Greydrone and the lamia sword from the past? From what I gather main character named himself Id by reading one of Greydrone's memories. So that means Id and Greydrone HAVE to meet in the past. How? that remains a mistery.

The biggest question of course is: What will Id do when he returns to the "present".

seems you have a few things mixed up... The Id int eh leged is Id... of the "present. The chaos of the present seems to be a twisted form of the old chaos. Id effectively traveled though time so he is writing the history he read when he first arrived. after this more than likly he will go back. Now the problem is that now he really is teh Id of the history books, what will the dragons think about him.

really its all quite ironic... I mean a dragon made a sword to give to a traveler, and it ends up being the one who killed the dragon god.... lol

QUOTE (Patrick5087 @ Jul 30 2009, 04:14 PM) seems you have a few things mixed up... The Id int eh leged is Id... of the "present. The chaos of the present seems to be a twisted form of the old chaos. Id effectively traveled though time so he is writing the history he read when he first arrived. after this more than likly he will go back. Now the problem is that now he really is teh Id of the history books, what will the dragons think about him.

really its all quite ironic... I mean a dragon made a sword to give to a traveler, and it ends up being the one who killed the dragon god.... lol
Isn't that exactly what I said?
blink.gif

The ultimate irrationality cycle of time travel., where cause is caused by the effect of that cause.

Step1. ID takes his "name from Greydrone's memories>
> Everyone thinks he is that ID, bla bla bla>
> ID travels to the past >
> Id does what he did, effectivelly being the one after whom he named himself >
> Something that happens there is exactly the thing in Greydrone's memory Id took the name from in the step1
> Id goes back to present

And we don't really know just how twisted the current Chaos is, after all. It all will become clear when Id comes back.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back