When will the third Haruhi novel come out in U.S.?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

zyphore

-chi
Kouhai
When will be the third novel (The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya) and the other novels will be released in the U.S.?
I tried searching on the forums and google but still can't find it.

Mod note: Moved from the Thoughtful section (for lack of anywhere else to put it: Manga Section). Edited title to better represent the thread. That said, this should probably have been posted in the Haruhi thread in the anime forums...I'll leave that decision to another mod.

Another MOD Note: it seems more manga related than General Discourse if you ask me.

The first two novels are already out in the U.S.

"The novels are licensed for English language release in the United States by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and Yen Press " - Quoted from Wikipedia.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 1
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 2

Random links to the first two novels (first novel is hardcover, second is soft cover), just grabbed the first two I came across on Amazon

Currently, there is no official release date for the rest of the novels, though you should expect them to come out at some point...Most likely after relevant material has been covered in the anime in the United States.

Oh. Too bad there still no official release date. Thanks anyways and thank you for the mod(s) that moved this topic because I'm not really sure if I posted this on the right section.

Which is better? The official light novel release or the fan translated release? I've been quite keen on checking out officially subbed/translated products due to the poor work done on the Haruhi season 1 subs.

Most US companies who release light novels do not plan on releasing any more light novels until the recession is essentially over (except the ones already planned for release like Spice and Wolf). The problem is it currently costs them more to simply publish them than how much they sell them for since they tend to keep light novel prices relatively low. In other words, don't expect any more Haruhi novels until probably summer 2010 at the earliest.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 08 2009, 08:08 AM)In other words, don't expect any more Haruhi novels until probably summer 2010 at the earliest.
Maybe it will comeout on summer 2010 because of the gap between the 1st and the 2nd novel.

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 08 2009, 06:08 AM)Which is better? The official light novel release or the fan translated release? I've been quite keen on checking out officially subbed/translated products due to the poor work done on the Haruhi season 1 subs.
For me the official is better because you can actually buy the book but if your just after the translation, well that depends on the translator.

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 08 2009, 08:08 AM) Which is better? The official light novel release or the fan translated release? I've been quite keen on checking out officially subbed/translated products due to the poor work done on the Haruhi season 1 subs.
You thought the fansubs for season 1 were bad? I must assume then that you chose a poor group, not that all groups did poorly, because the releases I saw were well done in all aspects - including the actual translation.

As far as the light novels go, I would actually throw my hat in with the official releases though. I've bought a few light novels which were translations in the past and have found them all to be quite good (though I cannot say if the translation was perfectly accurate, it made sense and was definitely readable). On the other hand, the fan-translated light novels I've read in the past have had various problems (usually dealing with grammatical and punctuation errors that caused serious confusion and/or lack of sense; likely due to an inadequacy in the understanding of both languages by whoever did the translation and a lack of editor to correct errors and naturalize the text). It's also a fact that on average, a person reads 20% slower on a computer than a hard copy and that reading for long periods of time on a computer causes headaches due to the projected light. Between all of these factors, I'd rather have the official hard-copy.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back