Koko Ni Iru Yo!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Nahrallah

-dono
Retired
koko1.jpg

QUOTE The series centers around a girl named Hikage who describes herself as "plain". She is a very shy and insecure child. Because of her unassertive attitude and unappreciated beauty, she finds herself constantly ignored by her classmates and has a difficult time making friends at school.

Hikage begins middle school, vowing to overcome her loneliness and find companionship. Then Hinata starts to notice her. She is supported in her ambitions by two online friends who read her blog, Black Rabbit and MegaPIG.

Source: Wikipedia - Koko ni iru yo!!

Koko Ni Iru Yo! (I’m Right Here!) is a very sweet manga. The main character, Hikage Sumino, is a bit clichéd but she discovers enough determination to make up for her isolated, fairly helpless, often teary persona. The main male characters, Hinata Mutō and Teru Mikami, have just enough depth to act as effective foils. I really liked the concept of the blog and her conversations with her online friends Black Rabbit and MegaPIG and how they care for and support each other.

It's not the best manga I've ever read (in my brief history of reading manga) but it left me feeling all "sunshiney" and "sunflowery".
tongue.gif

Details about my conversion to manga for any of the curious: Having found myself with less time at my disposal for recreational pursuits, I have been soundly bitten by the manga bug (with no small help from various friends who whispered of its delights). It's a pest to be constantly forced to pause anime (when did a 20 minute stretch become so difficult to find?) but manga is easy enough to set aside as needed. I have surrendered ... even some sleep has been sacrificed. WARNING: Manga can be addictive!
ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Oct 25 2009, 05:14 AM) WARNING: Manga can be addictive!
Dont remind me
smile.gif
And we now have another Sheep join the flock
smile.gif

What type of manga is this then? Shoujo, Shoujo Ai, Romance etc?

Well a manga coming from you must be high praise indeed, ill try and check it out tomorrow since im coming to an end of a long stretch of reading Desire and im reallly tired.

But ill add it to my plan to read list then. And i look forward to conversiing with you about it.

Btw way is it finished or still on going?

Baa!
laugh.gif
It's been a while Hia.
smile.gif
Koko Ni Iru Yo! is Shoujo. It has a dash of comedy, drama and romance. It's also a slice of school life. The manga is complete which makes a nice change as too many of the ones I'm currently reading are ongoing. The wait for a new chapter can be exceedingly long.
sad.gif

Koko Ni Iru Yo! is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a profound manga but I had fun with it. At any rate, it suited my mood at the time.
happy.gif

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Oct 25 2009, 08:41 AM)Baa! It's been a while Hia.

It has indeed and how have you been ?
smile.gif

Yay another Shoujo manga, DREAMY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! I myself have found myself reading a sudden bunch of Shoujo and the apppeal is the DREAMY GUYS. Since im yet to find a Shoujo that doesnt have a dreamy guy
smile.gif
smile.gif

So i guess ill be trying to pick it up once a few off my reading list have kinda slimmed down
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back