Pretty Face (manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

radytya

Kouhai
This is the manga I like most. Yup it's definitely funny but unfortunately it's just too short, only 6 volume. If you haven't heard you can read online in www.anime-source.com. And the scanned manga only up to chapter 45 (vol. 5).

Tahnks for the tip! I read up til chapter 4 and got pretty hangged in the series...its hilarious.

For those who don't know it is more or less this:

A guy who was a total block head at school and was the captain of the karate club was involved in an accident from a bus...everybody though he was dead and when he was rescued he had to be performed a surgery cause his face was no more...so this doictor didnt know how was his face so he took out og his wallet a picture of the girl he liked a lot and performed the operation.. When the dude wakes up he has a pretty face! The face of the girl he likes!!!

Its great I recomend it!

PS. I used to fansub this manga...its a shame that there is no anime about this
biggrin.gif

i have the manga..got it from some ftp site that i cant remember the links..its a good manga indeed..i like the doctor most..lol

I read all of Pretty Face last summer and this manga by far is the one that made me laugh the most often and the hardest at times as well. I would definately want to see this one licensed in America or even possibly made into an anime since I believe it would be a great hit.

I actually own all 6 volume of this manga, and yes it is very funny indeed.

I've only read like two or three mangas. This one is very entertaining and I would be quite tempted to buy a copy of this when available.

the mangaka purposely ended it hanging in the air.that's not bad,but i was hoping for a scene where rina and the others learn the truth about randou.in the end only yuna and natsuo and manabe knew.oh well...it's still entertaining though
cool.gif

QUOTE (nashaa @ Dec 07 2006, 07:42 AM) but i was hoping for a scene where rina and the others learn the truth about randou.in the end only yuna and natsuo and manabe knew.
That would be a problem because if rina find out, there's no way that he can continue living with her as her sister, thus no home to return to.

of course there's going to be a problem, but that's the mangaka's job to find the solution
tongue.gif
.there're lots of ways to keep to story going on.plus,nowadays high schoolers living alone is not something strange...

now that you mention that,i remember we still don't know what happen to randou's family.see, this manga still can go on some more.it's a shame that it ended pretty quickly
blink.gif

Pretty Face was funny but I don't think the mangaka intended any deep analysis, there are far too many plot holes, some of which have already been mentioned. For funny sex change manga though I prefer Gachagacha (by Hiroyuki Tamakoshi), though I can't explain why exactly.

As for the loose ends, the mangaka himself says that he didn't want to resolve them since it would be admitting that the series was over, and he couldn't bring himself to do that. (If people haven't seen the mangaka's parting comments in chapter 52 I can post the scan from the Akatsuki scanlation)

I was interested to see the alternative ending that was considered (that Randou was in a coma ever since the accident in chapter 1 and it was all the dream of a dying man), which would have made the story rather like the film "Jacob's Ladder" where an army veteran finds himself in a similarly surreal situation. That would have been pretty depressing though.

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Dec 13 2006, 04:19 PM) I was interested to see the alternative ending that was considered (that Randou was in a coma ever since the accident in chapter 1 and it was all the dream of a dying man), which would have made the story rather like the film "Jacob's Ladder" where an army veteran finds himself in a similarly surreal situation. That would have been pretty depressing though.
I hated the fact that that was even considered as an alternative ending since it seemed very arbitrary if that had been the case.
dry.gif
There was also that one explained where Randou's family went and how they had all been physically altered to look like Rina's family the whole time, but then that wouldn't explain what would have happened to Rina's family...

Suffice it to say, all the alt. endings sucked in my opinion, and even though it didn't really "end", it still ended the last arc it was on, so that was good enough I suppose. And anyway, it's not like a ton of anime don't end on a wide open ending with no intention to continue. Elfen Lied is a perfect example of this.

This just in! Pretty Face, if you didn't already know, has been officially licensed by Viz Media and the first volume is due out in August. I can't believe it finally happened though; I never would have thought after all this time...ah well, I guess anything's possible. *shrugs*

QUOTE (Hiroyuki @ Dec 13 2006, 05:19 PM) As for the loose ends, the mangaka himself says that he didn't want to resolve them since it would be admitting that the series was over, and he couldn't bring himself to do that. (If people haven't seen the mangaka's parting comments in chapter 52 I can post the scan from the Akatsuki scanlation)

that,i already read
smile.gif
.i was just stating my opinion though on what i was hoping.of course,maybe it's best to leave the ending to the readers' imagination.but personally i hate that kind of ending
tongue.gif

Yeah, I enjoyed reading it alot. My favorite characters were Natsuo Kobayashi and Nozomi Ueda (Despite her obvious misandry). The ending felt rushed,but it was a good end none the less.

I still think this ending is better than the 'bad end' that the author drafted as one of the possible ending. The 'bad end' scenarios is that all the events that happens are nothing more than randou's dream when he is in vegetable state after the bus accident, and as his dream ended, he died, or all the events were just the imagination of the doctor.

The author said this kind of ending quit common and imaginable is would leave a deep impression on the readers, but was not used in the end. He said he was actually been hesitated to the very end whether to draw that extra scene to make ending into sad ending or not.

I for one glad that he decided not to do that in the end
laugh.gif

Oh man this is definitely one of my top most favorite manga of all time. why doesn't it have an anime yet? I really liked the series (regardless of its lack of physical laws).

Its humor and story totally blew me away

Given that ecchi stuff like Midori no Hibi and Nagasarete Airantou have been adapted, there seems to be no reason why Pretty Face wouldn't also be adapted. Having said that, I've not really got into those anime since the manga, although fun, weren't very compelling and the anime versions haven't made me feel any different about the stories.

In the end I still feel the same as I did last year, that GachaGacha would be a more interesting story to adapt, it has a more complex and intriguing plot and yet is just as much fun in terms of echhi situations etc.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back