History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

hideto

-san
Kouhai
Yes, Kenichi thread!
laugh.gif

I posted at the anime thread, and I told myself that if I get at least one positive response I'll create this thread.
laugh.gif

Kenichi manga current status : Volumes 1-24

Though its not licensed YET, if you are looking for the manga, you can

1) Wait patiently for scanlators to finish the chapter
2) Post in the manga request thread
3) Buy the japanese manga and support the author

Description of the manga from wiki :

The story is focused on Shirahama Kenichi, an average 15-year-old weakling, whose life turns to Hell with the appearance of the naive, beautiful, and strong transfer student, Fūrinji Miu. After Kenichi witnesses Miu's skills in martial arts and beats a karate senpai in a match, he is targeted by all the deliquents in the school. To save himself from being beaten around, Kenichi joins the dojo that Miu trains in, the Ryōzanpaku, the gathering place of those who are truly strong. Since then, Kenichi's routine is divided between his hellish training with the residents of Ryōzanpaku, and his fights against the members of the Ragnarok gang who view him as a possible ally or an impending threat to their plans.

The rest of the article here :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shijou_Saikyou_no_Deshi_Kenichi

Wow I can't believe no one else is reading the manga right now

The anime series was outstanding but the manga is even better right now

Can we change the name of this thread to "History Strongest Disciple"

I know the titles are the same but I think that will make it more recognizable

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Oct 16 2008, 01:31 PM) Wow I can't believe no one else is reading the manga right now

Good you can't believe that, because it would be untrue.
wink.gif

And indeed I enjoy it more than the mainstream shonen mangas like Bleach or Naruto (Firstly, I read it more regularly).

i read it ...and i say it is very good
biggrin.gif

btw i seriously think you should ask for a change in the name of the thread ....if i wasn't looking for raws the other day i wouldn't have know what that name means "Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenich"

Lol @ my buried thread. Title changed. Almost forgot the controls here. Hope you guys can continue to discuss the manga here.

good deal

I figured other people were reading the manga but didn't always recognize the title of the thread.(glad it was changed)

Dalriada

I agree this has become a more enjoyable read than bleach and naruto and the story is so well done.

I really like how the Shinpaku Alliance and what's left of Ragnarok have joined forces to fight against Yami

And what can you say about NÄ«jima
tongue.gif

I'm really looking forward to Mui's fight in the D of D

What's really good about Kenichi is the releases. Like an average of 3-4 chapters are released a week now. And i've noticed it's been like this for the past 20 or so chapters.

The current Arc is really good and when the Mysterious Teenager Garyu X fights made me laugh hard.

Yeah that was hilarious

it seems eventually we will get some more masters action in this arc

Also I can't wait to see what hermit pulls off. You know he's going to show up when they need him the most

Edit**

They released about 19 chapters in the last couple of days and the story is
outstanding

2nd Edit***

You have to Love Nijima

3rd Edit

this has to be one the best manga reads out there right now. They just had another massive release and the story is great

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Nov 12 2008, 08:59 AM) 2nd Edit***

You have to Love Nijima
Actually, it's one of the few shonen manga where I don't really dislike any character. Some may be a bit bland, but I've never said "Oh, just die ! In a fire", like I do far too often when I read Naruto or Bleach.

I'm also impressed by the progression of the manga. It's growing darker as Kenichi is going stronger : we really go from some fights at the end of the school to the underground world of masters.
It's nice.

QUOTE (Dalriada @ Nov 12 2008, 10:37 AM) Actually, it's one of the few shonen manga where I don't really dislike any character. Some may be a bit bland, but I've never said "Oh, just die ! In a fire", like I do far too often when I read Naruto or Bleach.

I'm also impressed by the progression of the manga. It's growing darker as Kenichi is going stronger : we really go from some fights at the end of the school to the underground world of masters.
It's nice.
well said

I always think it one of the few shonen manga that each character actually have an interesting story.

It has really taken off since it become about Yami and Yomi. I dare say at this point its better than Bleach and Naruto.

The fights in the D of D were great with some winning some losing but the action was awesome.

I hope they animate the rest of the series

And you gotta love chapter 267 when you see the results of his training when you nostalgically remember chapter 1. I love every character in Kenichi apart from that kicker guy.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Nov 14 2008, 03:55 PM) And you gotta love chapter 267 when you see the results of his training when you nostalgically remember chapter 1. I love every character in Kenichi apart from that kicker guy.
Who are yopu referring to as the kicker guy?

Edit***
oh I know who you are talking about Koga the kicker

man its been like a week since nerieru released anything, with his daily releases, it feels like its been foreve since i read HSDK lol.

altho there is no cliffhanger, i do want to see what happens with the girl. Did they say if her and her "master" are mother and daughter?

Now that the scanlators caught up, what can we discuss? Anyway I just read 317 I can't believe that Kenichi is gonna spar against takeda It should be an awesome fight.

Yeah only bad thing is we have to wait 2 weeks for 318 but i'm really happy that scanlations are now up-to-date.

Lol. I have a feeling that Takeda and Renka would make a good couple. Just something chapter 317 got me thinking about.

But i seriously think Kenichi is going to rape Takeda. Kenichi has fought 5 YOMI. Losing only to Kokin. But fighting 5 YOMI would probably give Kenichi more fighting experience than Takeda's underground fighting. And not to mention Kenichi can now see Attack Trail which would be heaps effective with a boxer.

Just gotta hope Kenichi doesn't make the same mistake he did with Shinnosuke Tsuji and underestimate/go easy on Takeda.

@Chapter 318
Lol. Kenichi is seriously f'ed up if he loses. I wonder what Akisame will do if Kenichi loses. Now that i said that i really want Kenichi to lose. Having Akisame without the moustache would be funny since James Shiba's one is terrible.

I'm currently reading this manga...and if you guys saw my other "Poor Scanlation Grammar" thread someplace else...Well unfortunately (and nearly ruining my experience) many chapters in scanlation have...well...atrocious (or nonexistent) english grammar.

Other than that, I was really happy that the Manga went on past the end of the Anime. The characters are so rich it's impossible not to want more!

I don't think I can like this manga anymore after what happened to Apachi.

Dude gets a fist through his chest, and is considered dead, then he just comes back to life.

Whats the point of continuing to read this, when there is nothing to look forward too. We keep hearing how evil Yami is, but have they ever done anything evil? Not that I can think off, besides that kid who died on the tournament. Now, they finally had a chance to show if they were evil or not by killing apachi, but in the end they pulled a generic boring crap, and just brought him back to life.

What am I gonna look forward to now on this manga, if not even the recurring characters have a demise. I was never expecting Kenichi to die or nothing, but if their masters/friends die when they are suppose to die or when the "evil" group they are tryung to fight for about 300 chapters now has done nothing that is actually evil.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back