• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#41 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &c.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (warita200 @ May 25 2011, 06:32 PM)
without any clues? Worked good with Maiku, lol smile.gif

The alternative is to start in a night cycle and let the Mafia kill someone with no warning what so ever. Would THAT be preferable to you??
Players ALWAYS have the option to vote 'no lynch' if they so desire - and with 8+ players and 2 mafia members, it would require 5+ votes for a majority. Mafia can't even get half a majority with those numbers.

QUOTE (monsta666 @ May 25 2011, 06:42 PM)
Speaking of extra members, I think it is advisable to start recruiting new members to this game because it is very likely a few players will drop out. It should also be assumed for future games that there will be some drop outs. So recruitment should be an ongoing process.

I would encourage all participants in this game to start recruiting and we shouldn't worry about having too many members; you can never have enough because even we exceed the bare minimum then extra roles could be added to make the game more interesting. In any case my main advice would be to send out pms or instant messages to people you think would join the game. I did send a load of pm's prior to this game starting and 3 people responded favourably to the pms and joined. So they can work. Obviously the more people who send pms the more likely it is this game will keep running. But if no new players are recruited then there is a real danger there won't be a second game due to a lack of players.

I have already received notice from one player that they do not plan to continue playing. So yes, we should continue to recruit players. My hope was that this first game would help to draw attention from others and possibly get them to want to play with us.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 25 2011, 07:57 PM)
Well I can agree with that as long as you mention to the mafia members who they are since that way they can try and defend each other in the DC of course. Aside from that I'm ok with it. Also, with bigger groups you can throw in another doctor or another special class for this game, but how about we finish up this round first before recruiting others here.

Besides we can always do a recuiting in a bit. Also, dchaos-san just to be sure about this, you're planning on being the next game's GM right?

Mafia members will still be aware of who their compatriots are, they just wont be able to communicate in private with them.
I have no intention of having more than 2 Mafia and 3 innocent Roles until we have 10 or more players.

I intend to GM the next game unless someone has an objection or something (does anyone feel I wasn't impartial, or was somehow unfair?).

A lynch does not ever have to occur, ever. Players always have the option to vote for no lynch. If the majority vote for no lynch, then no lynch will occur - that is an option on any day cycle.

Just be aware, the day cycle will end IMMEDIATELY after a majority vote has been cast - regardless of for whom or what the vote was. The mob is rather impatient, they jump at the first sign of general agreement. ;P So if you want to get a chance to talk during the first day cycle, but no one wants to lynch, don't everyone start their post with a Lynch vote: NO lynch - b/c the day cycle will be very short xD

Edit: An addendum to the ruleset I proposed earlier:
When the day cycle ends due to majority vote, the night cycle will begin immediately. It will last until Midnight (EST) of the NEXT day, or after all Roles have PM'd the GM their selections.. As such, players with special Roles (including Mafia) will have at minimum 24 hours to contact me, but depending on when a majority vote is made they could have as much as 47 hours.
Don't forget, the edit and search buttons are your friend!
user posted image

#42 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

I have nothing against you doing it but I remember playing it were the GM for a now game could either be the same person or someone selected from the group mind you. I just thouhgt that you wanted to have a chance to play in the game instead of being the GM though. wink.gif

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#43 wedora

wedora

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

Awesome, playing it safe worked out in the end. Or was it my sheriff impersonation that did it?

Innocent roles this game:

Wedora - doctor
Warita - sheriff
Lavendeedays - therapist

Did you mafia guys get them pinned down?
user posted image
MAL

#44 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &c.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 26 2011, 10:52 AM)
I have nothing against you doing it but I remember playing it were the GM for a now game could either be the same person or someone selected from the group mind you. I just thouhgt that you wanted to have a chance to play in the game instead of being the GM though. wink.gif

While I would like to play a game, I'd rather get the game itself rolling nice and steady first. Once things are organized and setup well, then I'll see about passing the GM to someone else and being a player myself =P
user posted image

#45 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Oh sure thing dchaos-san just as long as you have an idea on who should should take a crak at the GM once things get setled in of course. wink.gif

#46 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

The Mafia have been Defeated! The Innocents have won!!

MAFIA:
Kid-Wolf
Nioki
Julezia

Doctor
Wedora

Sheriff
Warita200

Therapist
lavenderdays
user posted image

#47 JunMisugi

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:18 PM

Congrats to the Innocents for winning biggrin.gif

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

#48 Nioki

Nioki

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Boardgames, Design, Sophism

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (wedora @ May 26 2011, 09:42 PM)
Awesome, playing it safe worked out in the end. Or was it my sheriff impersonation that did it?

Innocent roles this game:

Wedora - doctor
Warita - sheriff
Lavendeedays - therapist

Did you mafia guys get them pinned down?

Well at your appearance it was 50/50 for you or Warita to be sheriff in my eyes,
Lavi was doctor in my eyes.. though I kinda realized late that his words could be associated with therapist as well. Plus we didn't want to hit the sheriff we wanted to hit the doctor and therapist, since when mafia is already known, killing off sheriff wont give mafia anything.
And it was actually hard to pin you guys down, since: Aside Lavi-san, no one posted! until the last moments.... jeeze dry.gif so incredibly fun sad.gif
user posted image

user posted image

#49 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ May 26 2011, 03:18 PM)

For some reason Jun-tan that made me lol in so many ways there. laugh.gif

Probably because it was down to the whire there. tongue.gif

#50 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Nioki @ May 26 2011, 01:21 PM)

And it was actually hard to pin you guys down, since: Aside Lavi-san, no one posted! until the last moments.... jeeze dry.gif  so incredibly fun  sad.gif

well, i am not familiar with the game, but i cannot imagine what i could post in the main thread, that would make the innocents realize I am the good one but not alert the mafia at the same time. Maybe I lack any imagination..... but then again, I didnt find anything that was posted in the main thread helpful in identifying people.

Mostly, it was plain deduction work, such as who was around and who not, and how people respond to some of the stuff I wrote in my PMs.

#51 Nioki

Nioki

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (warita200 @ May 26 2011, 11:48 PM)
well, i am not familiar with the game, but i cannot imagine what i could post in the main thread, that would make the innocents realize I am the good one but not alert the mafia at the same time. Maybe I lack any imagination..... but then again, I didnt find anything that was posted in the main thread helpful in identifying people.

Mostly, it was plain deduction work, such as who was around and who not, and how people respond to some of the stuff I wrote in my PMs.

Well if people just outright lied) even pms wouldn't help tongue.gif In my pm's with you I was mostly IC as you remember, and trying to say things my character would say tongue.gif
As for the main thread, people were giving out hints to who they where.. or at least like me, who were taking a stance where they were trying to make people believed they are innocent, but never completely denied being mafia in their actions. You could interpret most of my words in there in several ways.

As for what you could say, well... I'll do that if I ever get to play sheriff xD
user posted image

user posted image

#52 wedora

wedora

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (warita200 @ May 26 2011, 02:48 PM)

An example...you knew wolf was a mafia from investigation, you could stand firmly behind this during their call to lynch maiku. Outing yourself as the sheriff kills off one mob member and guarantees the doc protects you that night if your lynch reveals he truly was one. You can also deduct who to investigate based on who voted in concert with a known mob member and reveal their role the next day.

Mafia members in properly proportioned games can't do this bluff, because the lynch reveals role. 2:1 killings will not allow the mafia to win. As a townsperson, your martyrdom contributes to a win if you get one mob member killed in the process. Its not really about being the last man standing, but leading the charge for your team. We still win even though we died.
user posted image
MAL

#53 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Nioki @ May 26 2011, 03:04 PM)
You could interpret most of my words in there in several ways.

And thats precisely it, you can interpret is in many ways and in the end you know nothing.

Its not really about being the last man standing, but leading the charge for your team. We still win even though we died.

@wedora Yeah, I realize that... and yeah, thats true. On the other hand, it is good to stay as long alive as possible. Also, if you are a simple townperson, then I suppose you can sacrifice yourself more easily for the team than when you are the doctor or sheriff.

And speaking of winning: WE WOOOOON!!!!

#54 Kaeru-P

Kaeru-P

~ Person who asks random questions randomly ~

• Kouhais
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (warita200 @ May 27 2011, 07:16 AM)
And thats precisely it, you can interpret is in many ways and in the end you know nothing.

Even whoddunit Novels (agatha christie, S.S. Van Dine, John Dickson Carr, etc.) Despite having the concept "fair play" the player or specifically the reader have no way of finding the culprit until the end of the book. So if you deducted things wrongly then that's that but of course that depends on how you take things. While you are only given One chance to see the answer and to win that does not mean you can only put one theory one at a time. You can be like a shotgun whose bullets spray. Of course there is always room for error but that's that. Its up to you really to how narrow down the possibilities after all its a Mind Game. Leap of Faith is essential here to, you have to be confident in anything you do dont falter, use your mistake as an oppurtunity, like for example Maiku Andou's lynching, since your a sheriff it could have probably much more easier to you to define who's who among the group who lynched.

QUOTE (JunMisugi-san)

HNNNGGGGG wub.gif Erika Fur- I mean... Bernka- Ahem... I mean RIKA FURUDE HNNNGGGGG wub.gif

but seriously as much as I love Rika-chama why there is no Congratulations? XD wink.gif

Other than that I find it that both your and my video is Strangely Appropriate
wink.gif
Lavi was doctor in my eyes.. though I kinda realized late that his words could be associated with therapist as well. Plus we didn't want to hit the sheriff we wanted to hit the doctor and therapist, since when mafia is already known, killing off sheriff wont give mafia anything.

Ufufufu~ I can't believe nobody has pointed out the funny clue to my role yet. I really thought about it you know.... tongue.gif Since you know who is the blue haired girl anyways she was a detective right? (I hinted her to be one for example for the fact that we helped Reina's father in a case whom supposedly he was wrongly accused but this is more of a GOSICK parody wink.gif )

So.... Detectives usually have sidekicks. As Sherlock Holmes had Dr. Watson and me being "her" sidekick would make me??? tongue.gif of course a doctor but I kept the specifics to be hidden... being the therapist of course.

Wedora-san, from his post I could assume he was the doctor already about 90% is what I assumed and I was right! Those backdoor dealings and such hit me easily and for the fact that by Turning the chessboard over wink.gif and assuming he was a mafia this would be completely reckless even if you consider reverse psychology. Second my mother IS a doctor so I heard of such things when she discussed rumors with me or I simply Overheard them. Lastly Wedora actions in the Maiku Andou Phase made another significance being detracting from voting from him one could assume he was not a mafia

Other than that Im quite in favor of the new rules. The one that no PMs are allowed etc. etc. I've always wanted arguments to show up but alas none tongue.gif. Would be funny as hell though if change it to Witch Hunt and somehow we make Dchaos-san understand the concept behind colored truths. I'd be like Witches don't Ex- *gets shot for trying to instill an Umineko parody*

Edited by lavenderdays, 27 May 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#55 wedora

wedora

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

lavender, I found you suspicious after the first day. The fact that you followed Nioki made me think you were a mob member rather than Julezia, since Nioki's actions were extremely suspicious and you jumped at his lynch call.

Goth lolis are not to be trusted.

On another note, I do not like the idea of a mafia discussion thread. I'd rather there be discussion at the end of each game inside the mafia thread. That way, onlookers and newcomers can read over old games and the reactions that followed in a more linear manner. I think discussion between removed members should be done in PM until the game is over.
user posted image
MAL

#56 Nioki

Nioki

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ May 27 2011, 05:35 AM)
Wedora-san, from his post I could assume he was the doctor already about 90% is what I assumed and I was right! Those backdoor dealings and such hit me easily and for the fact that by Turning the chessboard over  wink.gif and assuming he was a mafia this would be completely reckless even if you consider reverse psychology. Second my mother IS a doctor so I heard of such things when she discussed rumors with me or I simply Overheard them. Lastly Wedora actions in the Maiku Andou Phase made another significance being detracting from voting from him one could assume he was not a mafia

Well, don't forget you knew that the therapist wasnt one of the others, so.. biggrin.gif
For me you where definitly a doctor, and well,, I forgot that therapists also fit the doctor role laugh.gif

QUOTE (wedora)

Nooo, why?! sad.gif

Edited by Nioki, 27 May 2011 - 05:32 AM.

user posted image

user posted image

#57 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &amp;c.

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (wedora @ May 26 2011, 11:35 PM)
lavender, I found you suspicious after the first day. The fact that you followed Nioki made me think you were a mob member rather than Julezia, since Nioki's actions were extremely suspicious and you jumped at his lynch call.

On another note, I do not like the idea of a mafia discussion thread. I'd rather there be discussion at the end of each game inside the mafia thread. That way, onlookers and newcomers can read over old games and the reactions that followed in a more linear manner. I think discussion between removed members should be done in PM until the game is over.

I was considering making a new thread for each game of Mafia, to keep things more organized and easier to follow (rather than trying to figure out where one game ends and the next begins - especially for new players or observers). If that's the case, a discussion thread would be absolutely necessary.

Is the reason you don't like the discussion thread just an organization issue (fixed by the above suggestion) or that you're afraid the temptation to look in the discussion thread and 'cheat' would be too strong for players?
If the latter, then I suppose I could combine the two solutions. Lock the discussion thread while a game is ongoing, and unlock it when a game completes. My real concern is that players who get killed early on in the game or observers who are interested in playing may lose interest - especially with adjustments to length of day cycles that could make games go on for weeks before completing. Having a discussion thread that is open during gameplay gives these people an outlet and a way to maintain interest via discussion about what's going on. Too bad there isn't a way for me to make the discussion thread unviewable to 'living' players to prevent the temptation of cheating...Though even then, all they'd have to do is log out to view the thread =/ Alas, there is nothing but to hope that players follow the honor code - and that observers/dead players ALSO follow the honor code and don't PM living players with information from the discussion thread...
user posted image

#58 Kaeru-P

Kaeru-P

• Kouhais
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (wedora @ May 27 2011, 12:35 PM)
lavender, I found you suspicious after the first day.  The fact that you followed Nioki made me think you were a mob member rather than Julezia, since Nioki's actions were extremely suspicious and you jumped at his lynch call.

Hahaha, Don't worry I suspected you all, even you wedora-san initially its of course courtesy to suspect me too wink.gif

Whhhaaat Goth Lolis not to be trusted?!?! Blasphemy If Jun-san or maybe wolfie-san tongue.gif Hears this.... xD I'll say it in red That statement is Blasphemy. wink.gif

Edited by lavenderdays, 27 May 2011 - 08:57 AM.

#59 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

I am against the use of the different colors. I never understood it in Umineko and also Umineko was a fail as anime, so there are negative associations.

PS: Lavender, if that with the blue hair was supposed to be a hint, it completly bypassed me, because I have like no idea to what you were referring to. You cant simply asume that people will be familiar with the book, anime, movie or whatever you were refering to. Plus, it seems so far fetched anyways. The connection looks logical to you, but not so to other people.

My suggestion also is, that when roleplaying, just like Nioki did it, we should stick to the role. meaning, if you are mafia, you shouldnt post fake inner thoughts such as: ohhhh, so many innocent people died, I am so depressed over it..... and similar. You can deceive by stating something true, that will nevertheless look innocent enough to fool people.

#60 Kaeru-P

Kaeru-P

• Kouhais
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (warita200 @ May 27 2011, 07:38 PM)
I am against the use of the different colors. I never understood it in Umineko and also Umineko was a fail as anime, so there are negative associations.

PS: Lavender, if that with the blue hair was supposed to be a hint, it completly bypassed me, because I have like no idea to what you were referring to. You cant simply asume that people will be familiar with the book, anime, movie or whatever you were refering to. Plus, it seems so far fetched anyways. The connection looks logical to you, but not so to other people.

My suggestion also is, that when roleplaying, just like Nioki did it, we should stick to the role. meaning, if you are mafia, you shouldnt post fake inner thoughts such as: ohhhh, so many innocent people died, I am so depressed over it.....  and similar. You can deceive by stating something true, that will nevertheless look innocent enough to fool people.

That was more or less an inside joke, or specifically Easter Egg I hope it would take some people's notice nothing more nothing less. Besides Putting puzzles is your dialouge is supposed to be hard for others, if it was so easy to crack I might say as well "Hey Im the therapist nice to meet you guys openly". Also My biggest dialogue was with Monsta-san not sure if I got the implications properly though but Nioki seems to have gotten the feel for it.

And what umineko anime? it doesn't exist!! Only the VN does.

and for the roleplaying Dchaos can just keep track to see everyone's sticking to their own but that would be hard considering he'd have to crack the puzzle of every player if they are putting own a facade. The only thing we can rely on this one is the Honor system and hope for the best.

Edited by lavenderdays, 27 May 2011 - 10:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users