Vinland Saga

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

smokie

-sama
Retired
So I just started reading this and so far its really good. Anybody else read it?

As far as I can tell its part 300, part Claymore, and part awesome. If you don't read it already give it a shot. Not much is out there its only been going on for a year but its being scanlated.

Hmmm....saw it on mangaupdates...hmmmmm nah not for now, already got enough manga on my plate at the moment.
wink.gif

You have time JCD. With Claymore MIA this fills a blood, gore, sword swinging role.

I ain't really got time but are there any girls in this one.....or is it just dudes hacking and slashing each other up ??
unsure.gif
ph34r.gif
wink.gif

Yeah its not as good as Claymore but thats because nothing is as good as Claymore. But this and Highschool of the Dead are just a peg down on the greatness scale. I really hope we see an anime version of this in a few years after the manga progresses some more.

I love it. I read everything available last weekend in an almost non-stop marathon. It reminds me of a Viking Lone Wolf & Cub with it's possibly misguided quest(s) for vengeance, authentic feel and larger than life characters. It seems to have a well defined story arc building to a big climax. I think it would make a damn good Anime or even live-action movie.

wow, only me left reading this? the plot is becoming more and more interesting; but what really caught my eye was that chapter 53 said "The Prologue is reaching its climax".... like wtf? the entire (awesome) plotline thus far was just a foreshadow of whats to come? simply amazing, if the author can continue at this pace this may very well be in my top three manga series

btw, Askeladd pwns; need i say more?

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Apr 01 2009, 04:55 AM) wow, only me left reading this?
Nah it aint only you, there are probably a few others though. I havnt read any of it for awhile due to exams and studying
sad.gif

But there probably are more than just you reading it, like i said im reading it (as in i was but its on hold), Anybody said it was one of his favs, so hes probably reading it just not posting.

Thats the main thing i want to stop happening here, people are reading the stuff but most just aint posting which is a shame
sad.gif

But yeah i was reading il probably catch up next week since its the end of term and ive got a 2 week break so for me thats means MANGA MANIA!!!!!!!

prologue is done... not how i wanted it to end
sad.gif
so what now? thorfin is going to be the new enemy of england? aiming for canute's head? such bull man... those are too people i didn't want to see on opposite sides... well w/e, i'm thinking there'll be a timeskip soon; or maybe he'll go back home to see his mom and sister like he should have years ago

Man, I'm right there with Thorfinn. I can't believe Askeladd died like that either. I wonder if Thorfinn realized at the end how in a really twisted sort of way, Askeladd had become a father figure to him.

It is all change from here.

I have to say this manga has moved in a weird direction... I hope it won't last for too long, I didn't pick it up to see the main character sulking and ploughing the field for 10 chapters straight...

One thing I have to admit, Canute is potrayed in an awesome and unpredictable way. The scriptwriter sure knows how to define characters :].

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back