Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
47547.jpg
1047x.jpg

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Super Power
Studio: J.C Staff
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai (Toradora, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
Series Composition: Seishi Minakami (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)
Music: Maiko Iuchi (Dog Days, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun)

Number of episodes: 24

Opening Theme:
#1: "Sister's Noise" by fripSide

Ending Theme:
#1: "Grow Slowly" by Yuka Iguchi

Synopsis:
The second season will focus on The Sisters Arc. Lasting only a single volume in the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novels, it was later expanded greatly in the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga.

The arc focuses on the ordeals of Mikoto Misaka after discovering the existence of the Radio Noise sisters that are being used in the Level 6 Shift, an experiment where they are killed in order for the highest-ranking Level 5, Accelerator, can achieve Level 6.
(Source: Wikipedia)

Cast:
Rina Satou as Mikoto Misaka
Satomi Arai as Kuroko Shirai
Aki Toyosaki as Kazari Uiharu
Kanae Itō as Ruiko Saten

Atsushi Abe as Tōma Kamijō
Ikumi Hayama as Shinobu Nunotaba
Kana Ueda as Mii Konori
Nozomi Sasaki as Misaka Little Sister
Haruka Tomatsu as Kinuho Wannai
Minako Kotobuki as Mitsuko Kongō
Yoshino Nanjou as Maaya Awatsuki
Yuko Kaida as Aiho Yomikawa
Azumi Asakura as Misaki Shokuhou

Thoughts: I'm really excited about this one, Biribiri was always one of my favourite characters
smile.gif

Well I can say this, I am a fan of both To Aru... series here and have to say that I am looking forward to how the Sister Arc is going to play out. Granted this one might be the more morbid story arc so far, but at least you kind of get a better understand of the Misaka Network, and the Imoutos that happen to be apart of said network.

Pretty sure this is the series I've been looking forward to the most this season. Since seeing the first Railgun series, I've liked Railgun over Index. It's easier to understand cause you don't have to deal with all the pseudo religion/magic BS and I love the main quartet of characters.

Also got both railgun releases from funimation coming in the mail to me so it's perfect timing for a Railgun marathon.

Omgahhh Bibirbiri is da bomb!! (Please excuse my 90s slang
tongue.gif
)

I liked this first episode, even though it felt like it was just a reintroduction of characters. I totally forgot about this Banri chick and her friend Haruue.

Does anyone know where in the Index/Railgun timeline this takes place? Does it take place exactly where Railgun anime left off, or is it running parallel to some part of the Index storyline? I just want to get my bearings.
I do love how Biribiri manages to kick everyone's ass, but I do hope that she has some challenges in the future.

Btw, how many level 5's are there? I thought there were 5, but are there more?
So far we know Accelerator, Birbiri and this Shokuhou Queen.... are there others that were introduced that I'm forgetting?

I think there's 7. Only know that cause I just got the first season of Railgun in the mail so I started watching it dubbed so it's very fresh in my mind. Most were never introduced though I believe.

And from what I heard from some other people, this season may end roughly around the beginning of Index season 2 and starts pretty much where Railgun left off. That's just going off of what someone said in the ANN forums on a railgun news post though so I can't attest to it's validity.

Now for nerdgasm......OMG MORE RAILGUN........nerdgasm over.

This is a little bit off topic, but is Accelerator still #1 of the lvl 5's? I vaguely recall something like because he was injured he's no longer #1.
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 13 2013, 12:05 AM)Now for nerdgasm......OMG MORE RAILGUN........nerdgasm over. haha I felt the same way, as soon as I saw it released yesterday, I was like OMFG gotta watch it NOW!

I think in the current Railgun timeline, Accelerator hasn't been injured yet and is still ranked #1, but not completely sure.

I was positive that I had seen this before...
I guess I'll have to keep watching, but I was thinking what was going to happen before it actually did, and I haven't read the manga.
My mistake.

Well this is the Sister Arc, so yes Accelorator is still Rank #1 of the level 5's in the city.

Also, this season I believe we're going to run into some of the other remaining 7 level 5's in this season.

In any case glad to see things pick up where they last left off here.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 13 2013, 11:39 AM) I think in the current Railgun timeline, Accelerator hasn't been injured yet and is still ranked #1, but not completely sure.
I guess I'll explain a bit.

The original railgun series...the 1st season (episode 1-13) was pretty much following the manga, as for the 2nd season, it was mostly filler episodes and original stories that had not much to do with the manga (due to lack of manga material at the time and only partly through the sister arc).

For Railgun S, I think the best way to pick the story (or timeline) back up is probably to dismissing events/stories and character that were introduced in the season 2 (episode 14-26) of the the original Railgun series, and think of the Raigun S being the proper sequel to the season 1 (episode 1-13... up to the part which Mikoto defeated that big monster thingy).

Update: To make it clear for everyone, I looked back on the manga to give a more precise timeline. Railgun season 1 (episode 1-13) is up to manga chapter 17, chapter 18's one off story was also animated in the original Railgun series, and then chapter 18 is episode 2 of Railgun S. Hope this clears up for everyone with confusion of the timeline.
Currently the manga is up to chapter 58.

Other side-discussions:
If anyone remember, in the original Index series, there was a part which Touma was stopping Mikoto from going to confront (or suicide) Accelerator for the sake of saving the thousands of lives of the Sisters, but Touma took her place to confront Accelerator.

The part which Touma confront Accelerator is in the railgun manga as well, but in the 2nd season of the railgun, despite should be on the same timeline, the part which Touma bumped into Mikoto at the restaurant got change to something else with the "original stories/events". At the time I commented in the discussion thread saying "why the hell did J.C. Staff do that!?" Now I guess I understand, as they were most likely saving it, as well as the Touma confronting Accelerator for Railgun S instead.

I really hope J.C.Staff would do the Touma vs Accelerator part justice, as originally I seen that fight in Index first (also by J.C. Staff)...and it was like "meh Imagine-cheater
tongue.gif
", but when I saw that same fight in the railgun manga, it felt really fired up, and Touma's manliness was at like 200% comparing to the Index anime counterpart. This is probably somewhat to do with fights in railgun manga are generally much more violence and brutal, which somewhat is lost when transferred to the anime platform. The Touma stopping Mikoto from going to Accelerator bridge part in the railgun manga also felt much more intense, and that the emotional exchange between the two was far stronger than in the Index anime. Anyway, as I said really hope J.C.Staff get it right this time.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Apr 13 2013, 10:19 PM) I was positive that I had seen this before...
I guess I'll have to keep watching, but I was thinking what was going to happen before it actually did, and I haven't read the manga.
My mistake.
If you have also watched the Index anime 1st series as well, then you would have "some" idea of roughly where it is going to head regarding the sisters. But the Index anime didn't really show the details of what Mikoto was doing in the time that she's not crossing path with Touma.

Thanks Marine for this detailed explanation. This definitely helped me get my bearings, because I wanted to know where in the timeline this was all happening. It's a bit confusing to see this after Index & Index II where some of this has already transpired.

But it is true that now we get to see what was going on with Misaka all through this time. I don't know if it helps, or doesn't help that my memory is totally fuzzy regarding this arc in the Index anime. I could not remember if she knew they were making clones of her or not, but going by this she was clueless.

Also really like Shinobu, it was cool how she outsmarted all those thugs.

QUOTE (julezia @ May 02 2013, 12:31 PM) But it is true that now we get to see what was going on with Misaka all through this time. I don't know if it helps, or doesn't help that my memory is totally fuzzy regarding this arc in the Index anime. I could not remember if she knew they were making clones of her or not, but going by this she was clueless.
Also just to add in Railgun season 1, the Touma that Mikoto met and knew not yet crossed-path with Index, so his memory not yet got erased at that point; by the time Mikoto first appeared in Index series, Touma already lost his memory, and has not recollection of things that happened between him and Mikoto in Railgun season 1, and had no idea who she was when she approached him.

It is kinda sad in a way that the Touma that Mikoto knew in Railgun season 1 would no longer exist, and that Mikoto doesn't even know about it, but I guess despite not having pass memory, the "new" Touma is still the same person...probably down to soul level with him being not that much different in character and personality wise, as well as still always there for Mikoto when she is in a pinch (so long as he's not involved yet another Index mess on his side of the story
tongue.gif
)

Well if I remember correctly about the Index/Railgun timeline this would be around the time before Touma has any idea about the Imoutos here since he was rather busy dealing with saving Index from one of her former handlers that she had thoughout her life.

So once she runs into Touma at the park's vending machine she usually likes to kick around we'll most likely be around the halfway point of Index season 1. I mean this is more along the line of what has happened on the science side during season 1 as of now.

Oh on a side note, the Index movie is technically a Ret-Con by the way, but it does find its way into the Toaru series though. I know this isn't the thread for that, but that's what was stated in a most recient bonus chapter that was scanalated of Railgun though.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 03 2013, 12:59 AM) So once she runs into Touma at the park's vending machine she usually likes to kick around we'll most likely be around the halfway point of Index season 1. I mean this is more along the line of what has happened on the science side during season 1 as of now.
Yea...the vending machine part in Index 1 would be the part where the "Amnesia Touma" meet Mikoto for the first time.

So now we're up to the point where Misaka finally runs into the Imouto #9982 as of now. Pretty much she's technically not the same Imouto Touma first met becuase certain things happen to her later on.

Pretty much this begins the point where Misaka finds out about the Level 6 Shift Project for Accelerator and finds out what happens to the Imoutos in said project.

Well once Imouto #10032 (A.k.A Misaka Imouto) shows up we're pretty much going to eventually see Misaka's point of view over the Touma vs Accelerator fight in this season.
biggrin.gif

I was a little confused with this episode because at the beginning it said "3 months ago," was it just referring to what was happening in the lab? And why was Misaka acting so weird at the beginning? Is it because she found out that the project had been shut down?

Also I'd like to add that it was so heartless for the scientists to ask the Misaka clone to clean up the blood and corpses that had already fallen victim to Accelerator. It looked like they had a slight smile on their faces too, like this is not a big deal and totally normal... like asking her to clean up spilled milk.
rolleyes.gif

The 3 Months Ago bit was technically all about the time that #9982 spent before she was sent out into the city for final testing. So pretty much that might have been the only confusing part about this entire episode here.

Although I have to say that seeing Kuroko go into one of her yuri sessions with Misaka is always fun to see.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (julezia @ May 05 2013, 09:41 PM) I was a little confused with this episode because at the beginning it said "3 months ago," was it just referring to what was happening in the lab? And why was Misaka acting so weird at the beginning? Is it because she found out that the project had been shut down?
Yes. For some reason it wasn't as obvious in the anime as the manga.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back