xbox 360, ps3 or wii?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

what's your favorite new-gen system?

• xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • playstation 3

• nintendo wii

• i don't know

• i'm not into consoles

• Total voters

darkdog

-dredg
Retired
here's the reedition of the new-gen console discussion.. let's start this all over again, no screwing up allowed now
wink.gif

i would choose wii bc it have the best games i mean nintendo always had the best games for example zelda or mario bros not to mention megaman aka rockman what i hate in it the controllers i mean jesus waht is this a tv pilot 0_0 ??? i prefer normal pad !!!

the controller is precisely what i'm more excited about
tongue.gif
you'll be able to use gamecube controllers though! (if the game supports them, of course)

Hmm I am not really into Nintendo although Zelda is a great game, but the Playstation has Final Fantasy definiatly one of my favorite series. Plus it supports alot of anime games too like .hack and FMA etc. that are also cool too play.

i do choose the ps3 as there are more games especially jap games. but the wii controller does look tempting with its unique design and the xbox 360 umm......its just looks bulky
laugh.gif

I chose ps3 because there's going to be some must buy games for it like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots and Final Fantasy XIII... and you can always play your old ps1 and ps2 classics like final fantasies and other great games with ps3.

i wouldnt pick the wii mainly cause i was disapointed in the gamecube
i am sick of them whoreing mario its annoying and almost embarrassing if u ask me
they need something new and improved that isnt just a rip off ddr game with marios face in it
biggrin.gif

but the controller does look interesting...

it just doesn't make sense to be embarassed of playing a mario game.. mario strikers (or mario smash football) is simply the best soccer / football game i ever played -- precisely because it doesn't try to be realistic, it doesn't try to have recognizable faces, known stadiums, etc. it just tries to be amazingly fun to play. and succeeds!

QUOTE (darkdog @ Jul 11 2006, 05:25 PM) it just doesn't make sense to be embarassed of playing a mario game.. mario strikers (or mario smash football) is simply the best soccer / football game i ever played -- precisely because it doesn't try to be realistic, it doesn't try to have recognizable faces, known stadiums, etc. it just tries to be amazingly fun to play. and succeeds!
my problem isnt with the game play, cause i have played some of the games before since i have a gamecube, like i said. my problem is instead of getting new characters or concepts they re-use old ones over and over and over
rolleyes.gif

There's a simple truth sports games don't sell as well on GameCube as they do on PlayStation 2 or Xbox so what they do is slap Mario and friends on the covers of these sports games. Big N fans will line up to spend their money on a baseball effort with characters from the Mushroom Kingdom. we've seen Mario, Luigi and Peach cameo in everything from the SSX to NBA Street franchises. It's a dirty strategy and thats why i am embrassed for them.
i expect them to do the same on the wii..no wait i know they will
tongue.gif

so ill waste my money on the ps3 seems right since the 360 isnt loooking too good....

it's not like they just slap their faces on the covers.. mario strikers, with different characters, would still be a whole lot better than a realistic simulation game!

it's true that they use old characters over and over, but that's a good thing in some aspects, and personally i'm not tired of them.. and they invent new concepts every now and then -- and i mean totally new concepts! think wario ware
biggrin.gif
afterall, "new concepts" is precisey nintendo's greatest feature.. i'm tired of pretty, i'm tired of realistic, i'm all into having fun when playing -- especially if i can do it with a few friends of mine.

mmm... im the only vote to the 360. I choosed it cause in the last generation it had the best games, so im hoing this repeats, anyway im already having fun with oblivion (god it must be the best game i´ve ever played... and you know i´ve played a lot of games) Mi second place is wii, which i also plan buying, just to play smash bros XD. I wonder if PS3 will be as massive online as the 360.. if so then i should reconsider buying it... otherwise i´ll pass of it

im gonna get the Wii to start. I think it is gonna be really fun to play. Ill prolly get a PS3 at some point when its $300 but $600 is just ridiculous.

I still think that the price for the PS2 when it came out was ridiculous but the PS3 is breaking the roof on ridiculousness... <---is that even a word?

yup! (darkdog)

QUOTE (Nightdragon @ Jul 13 2006, 09:24 AM) I still think that the price for the PS2 when it came out was ridiculous but the PS3 is breaking the roof on ridiculousness... <---is that even a word?

yup! (darkdog)
now it is
biggrin.gif
. btw has anyone seen the trailer for FFXIII besides me. It looks quite interesting and i think they're keeping the same battle motion style as XII (i think). anyways the wii will still dominate (mayb not in this thread though)esp after what happened at e3 06

The PS3 isn't as expensive as Panasonic's 3DO or Neo Geo. Still, the PS3 is too much for the average college student. It looks more like a cheap substitute for a Blu-ray player but also serves as a media center like the Xbox 360. Not sure if Nintendo Wii will dominate, but it is much cheaper than the competition. Don't like how they keep referring to Nintendo as the underdog from the competitors.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 13 2006, 10:45 AM) btw has anyone seen the trailer for FFXIII besides me. It looks quite interesting and i think they're keeping the same battle motion style as XII (i think). anyways the wii will still dominate (mayb not in this thread though)esp after what happened at e3 06

lol well i will admit the wii controller did take the show over everything else.
one of nintendos games i was very interested in was super smash bros brawl ( inventive name
rolleyes.gif
)
i really would like to play as snake
laugh.gif

539xh.jpg

anyway i did see the trailer for ffxIII its very pretty. they say some of it was in real time
but its hard to tell pre-rendered from real time. which is a great thing only if u dont need a 90 inch HDt.v to notice it lol

QUOTE Don't like how they keep referring to Nintendo as the underdog from the competitors.

well really nintendo is the underdog. they only had like ONE game that was playable online for the game cube, also u couldnt even play dvds on it. thats probably why it was cheaper so its a win lose thing i guess

it might be the underdog in terms of sales, but if it wasn't for nintendo, videogame development would come to a stall or it'd progress in a painfully slow way.. nintendo comes up with ideas, the others copy them. that's why xbox 360 has / will have access to some old games online, that's why ps3 will have tilt sensitivity on its controller. even though the console's not even out yet, it's showing the other consoles' the way already!

when nintendo designs a system, it's not like sony or microsoft.. the gamecube had NO hardware revisions so far. ps2 had a whole lot of them, and some of them had their share of problems.. xbox had a couple of versions as well, and xbox 360 is known for crashing.. so nintendo is more reliable and cheaper, which is hard to explain..

i can't even afford a wii when they come out, let alone the 3 of them
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back