Love Hina

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
From what i can gather the Love Hina fan base is huge, yet i cant find a thread for it so i thought i start one !

Post what you think of it as oppesed to the anime, you best parts in the manga were etc.......

The Manga is really better than the anime, the anime is worth watching, they take some stuff from the Manga and put ti into the anime,

But they ran out of funding half way through so they stopped production sadly, but with the money they earned through veiwing they Created two OVAs and 3 episodes called Love Hina again.

But i do recomend the Anime though.

Whats your fav chapter?

I thought the first 3-4 anime episodes were better than the manga - the initial intro and how Shinobu and Motoko were brought in (I loved the old fashioned sepia style of the kendo scenes in ep.3), but from around ep5 or so the anime lost it's way and became unbelievable and discarded the important plot of the promise, whereas the manga developed into one of the great romantic triangle stories of the time. So I would say, watch the start of the anime and then switch to the manga, which is much more believable from the Kyoto trip onwards.

I loved both of them. Love Hina was the first romance anime that I ever saw and is what drew me into that genre. Love Hina remains to be one of my favorite animes, but the manga was definitely better. I do agree with you though about how the anime introduced Makoto and Shinobu. I liked it that way better than in the manga and episode 3 is actually one of my favorite episodes where Makoto is introduced. The intro to that episode is great. But most everything else is better in the manga. I wish that they hadn't run out of money cause then they might have been able to finish the anime like how the manga is. They could have included maybe the part where Naru was trying to run away and they chase her all over the place and then when they do finally get together all the way up till they get married. I would have loved to see all of that animated.

The ending of the anime lost points with me when they were picked up by Seto on the plane. The complete cheesyness of that and then saying to take them to Tokyo U kinda annoyed me. Though I still think both the anime and the manga are a definite must watch/read.

Love Hina was probably the first digisub I ever watched - all the previous fansubs I saw were mpeg transfers from VHS tapes, so I was quite wowed by visual the quality of Love Hina despite the (for the time) "enormous" file sizes of about 50MB/episode(!)... however I soon began to feel it was losing its way and only resumed watching after discovering the manga, which I read as fast as I could download it. This was the first big manga story I'd read apart from 3x3 Eyes, and it really held my attention, it was beautifully drawn and the story was really great too. The plot twists around volume 7 were very well done, regarding who the girl of the promise really was, I like it when you think you've got everything sorted out and that you're getting near the end but then a whole new angle opens up like that.

The Kentaro character in the anime did annoy me and I was happy to find out when I started reading the manga that he was an anime-only character. He was alright for the one or two episodes where he acted as a love rival, but then he just became some random character who would show up every so often for just about no reason.

The Love Hina manga was also the first manga I had ever tried and got me into reading manga. Before watching Love Hina I never had any desire to read manga at all. I would much rather just watch anime instead of read any manga, but a while after seeing the anime I decided I just had to tryout the manga and I'm so happy I did.

Love Hina
mlfy.gif

the only manga I read, and it completely won me from the first chapters
I had already seen the anime, and knew a lot about what to expect, but at times it completely surprised me (positively)
the manga was a little more down to earth, but a hell of a lot better
I also wish they had animated the ending, at least the wedding
tome.gif

So i think that we are all in agreement that the Manga is better?

Love Hina was the 1st manga i had read and through that ive read more manga, and i think its awsome, easily one of my favs along with Ichigo 100%

Well, Love Hina was the 2nd anime I watched and the first rom-com anime I ever saw. I've tried getting my cousin to watch it (he's 3 years older than me) and he said he was scared of Naru-chan because she kept on beating up Keitaro with a *Naru Punch*. The manga was awesome.....yes its better than the anime (overall) but I would still recommend this anime from the depths of my heart....I downloaded this series on Limewire about 6 years ago and hence the video quality was REALLY BAD...with all those annoying yellow and green shades and yet I've rewatched that bad quality video files at least 3 or 4 times because it was REALLY ENJOYABLE!! (only Love Hina Again OVAs and specials were of good quality). They should have animated the ending but instead they made a DRAMA CD I think, which I never listened to.
dry.gif
But yeah, Love Hina will always have a special place in my heart. I watched the anime first and then read the manga as soon as finished the anime for the first time and then I rewatched the anime after I read the manga to compare.....I wanna read the manga again!! XD
laugh.gif

Meh it was also one of my first Animes that i watched while as an addict, and thanks to watching it i then found my way to others such as MoHS, Ichigo 100% and with me hearing that the Manga was better, it became the first Manga i had ever purchased, so i will always regard it very highly.

I like the Manga of Love Hina better than the Anime, the story is very good made and its longer than in the Anime xD
I think that my favorite character in Love Hina would be Narusegawa Naru, because she seems like the only "normal" person in it lol
My favorite scene would be i think at the end because i have read it before so i havent read it in a while xDDD

I like both the anime and manga though I definitely prefer the manga over the anime.

The anime was fun, but lacked the narrative cohesion of the manga. The characters developed more naturally in the manga, whereas the anime was a bit more disjointed. I also liked the fact that the manga was able to more fully explore the secondary characters and give them more depth, especially motoko, as well as giving the keitaro/naru relationship a more natural development. I also got a bit worn out at how the anime kept stretching and stretching the Naru/Ketairo thing and never really gave it a full resolution like the manga. Granted, the manga stretched it out a long time too, but at least it gave it a real conclusion.

Still, the anime is pretty hilarious and I found it entertaining.

As far as favorite characters, from character design I'd say Kanako, as for character probably motoko.

Yeah even though, the Manga, is bette than the Anime, i dont know anyone who can say the Anime wasnt funny.

Best Character for me would be either Shinobu or Matsumi, or maybe Tama-chan....

I love this manga! My nickname has actualy become Keitaro here. I get hit all the time by my GF... She is my naru lol :p

Anyway... I have most of the series. Im missing some of the first few books tho

i would mostly realate to kaolla su and Naru Narusegawa beacuse i can be crazy and insane at times
tongue.gif
and then i can be hot headed and beat-you-up kind of person
mad.gif

Even if Love Hina was the first anime I saw knowing that was an anime, u can simplew notyfy a diference between the manga and the anime,u may also havbe better joke in the manga like the one that Mutsumi walks on a dream and ends on Keitaros bed and adn all ends in an escene. and in the anime that also hapend but is kinda changed and the characters dont talk.

Im probably the BIGGEST Love Hina fan on the forums. I absolutly fell in love with Love Hina from the 1st page on. This is prehaps the BEST harium manga ever. (Still better than Negima!)

Let's see. 15 manga, 2 short Novels, 26 episodes of anime, 2 movies, 1 OVA series, 7 Love Hina figureines (6 Shinobu, 1 Nyamo), 4 posters, and countless doujinshi/hentai) later i think i am the biggest fan.

Favorite Character: Need i tell? Shinobu of course!
2nd fav: Nyamo!

I just one little problem with it. HOW DARE FUNIMATION STEAL THE LICENSE AWAY FROM BANDAI! Yes i know Bandai murdered the dubbing, but Funimation had no right to steal it away from them. Even if its just for a re-release. God if they redub this they are not going to do much better at all. I'd rather listen to Kitsune's english voice for a year rather than hear how badly Funimation would dub it.

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Sep 12 2007, 03:39 PM)
Let's see. 15 manga,
Hmm 15 manga? Then that mean my manga collection is incomplete, may i ask what happens in Volume 15 of the manga since i asummed it ended by 14.

But i was wondering when you would find this thread.

Whats the English Dub like havnt seen it since i couldnt find it, plus with it being a dub im not expecting much though.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back