This is fine. I only add two requirements:Any currently living player caught viewing this thread will be immediately removed from the game.
If you are in this thread as a dead player, you may NOT reveal the identity of anyone's Role other than your own. That means Mafia members may not say who their compatriots in crime are (though they may say how many there are), etc.RulesBasic Roles:These Roles will be included in every gameMafia
During the night cycle, the Mafia members consult with one another and select a player to kill. The Mafia members MUST decide unanimously (all agree on the same person). During the Day cycle, they do as they wish.Sheriff
During the night cycle, the Sheriff may select any player, and the Narrator (me) will tell them if that person is a Mafia member or not. During the day cycle, the Sheriff generally tries to convince townspeople of the Mafia member's guilt.Doctor
During the night cycle, the Doctor may select any player. If the Mafia selects the same player to kill that night, that player is saved. Otherwise, the 'save' is 'wasted'. They cannot protect the same person twice in a row. During the day cycle, the Doctor does as they want.Additional roles:These Roles may or may not be included in future games. The GM may or may not let players know that these Roles have been included. The only player who will know if the role is included is the one who is assigned the role (unless the Role includes the fact that they are unaware)Therapist
During the night cycle, the Therapist may select any player. This player is 'silenced': This means that during the following day cycle, that player will not be able to discuss or vote for a lynching.Vigilante
Each night, the Vigilante may kill another player (by sending their name to the Moderator). The Vigilante is on the Town's side.Serial Killer
Like the Vigilante, they may kill another player each Night (by sending their name to the Moderator). However, the Serial Killer is not on the Town's side nor the Mafia's side. The Serial Killer wins when everyone else is dead.Inventor
This player is on the town side. They are provided a number of single-use "items" that they may use (either at night or during the day). The items may have obvious effects, or may not be known. Examples: An item allowing them to investigate, an item allowing them to protect someone, an item allowing him to role-block someone, etc.Role Blocker (Often known as the 'gypsy')
These players are able to prevent other Roles from using their power. They can be on either the Innocent or Mafia side. If on the Innocent side, they are able to prevent Mafia kills. If this role is implemented, there will also be changes to how Mafia kills occur (see Godfather).The Godfather
The mafia leader. When investigated by the Sheriff, they appear as innocent despite being a mafia member. This player will 'send in' the kill order for Mafia, and name the mafia member who will commit the 'hit'. As such, if a Role Blocker blocks either the Godfather or the Mafia member who's going to commit the hit, the kill is prevented. Due to this, Mafia members don't have to be in agreement, the Godfather makes the final choice (if (s)he's still alive).Traitor
This member is Mafia aligned, but is NOT a member of the Mafia, and they don't know who is in the Mafia. They appear as innocent, and have investigative abilities similar to the Sheriff. They cannot speak privately to the Mafia unless they are recruited (Mafia must sacrifice a night-kill in order to recruit the Traitor) at which point they lose the ability to investigate. If they are not recruited, they are not counted amongst the Mafia's numbers for checks for a Mafia loss (in other words, if all other Mafia members are dead, the Mafia loses even if the Traitor is still alive).Stool-pigeon
An alternative to the Traitor. The stool pigeon knows who all the Mafia members are, but the Mafia do not know who the Stool Pigeon is. The Stool Pigeon is Mafia-alligned, appears innocent, and cannot participate in Mafia activities. They cannot be recruited and do not have investigative abilities like the Traitor does. They lose when all the regular Mafia members die, and win when the Mafia wins.Miller
An innocent on the Town's side. However, if investigated by the Sheriff, this player appears to be guilty. The Miller does NOT know that they are the Miller, they think they are just a regular Townie.Berserker
An innocent on the Town's side. If the Berserk is attacked at night (by either the Mafia, Vigilante, or Serial Killer), then both he and the attacker die (If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!!) - the Berserker knows his/her Role.Bullet Proof
Any player may be wearing a bulletproof vest (including those who already have a special Role). The bulletproof vest protects them from being killed ONCE in the night by either Mafia or Vigilante - NOT the Serial Killer (who tends to like his kills up close and personal) nor from lynching. The player with the vest may or may not be aware that they have the ability.General Rules:
- Use the honor system! No cheating! (But lying in game is allowed, just not to the GM )
- If you die, you are not allowed to participate anymore at all! You may, however go to the Mafia Discussion Thread to discuss the game.
- Players may not edit their posts. Double posting IS allowed. Editing is NOT (not even for typos!).
- Players may NOT PM (or otherwise communicate in private with) other players regarding the game at any time - regardless of your role and what cycle (night or day) it is.
- No discussion is allowed in the game thread during the Night cycle. During the day cycle, only players are allowed to post - and only if they are still alive and not silenced.
- Surviving players may NOT view the Mafia Discussion Thread. If they are caught viewing it, they will immediately be removed from the game.
- Night cycle will begin immediately after a lynching.
- Night cycle will last until the Midnight (EST) of the NEXT day, or after all Roles have PM'd the GM their selections.. As such, players with special Roles (including Mafia) will have at minimum 24 hours to contact the GM, but depending on when a majority vote is made they could have as much as 47 hours
- No discussion is allowed at all in the game thread during night cycle.
- All surviving Mafia members must PM the Narrator with who they'd like to murder.
- After the GM receives the votes from Mafia members, if the votes are all for the same person, that person will be killed.
- After the GM receives the votes from Mafia members, if the votes are for different people, they will be forwarded to all other Mafia members. They will then have the opportunity to contact the GM saying they wish to change their vote to agree with eachother.
- If no Mafia member changes their mind (or if they don't reply in time), then I will randomly select one of the targets to be killed by flipping a coin
- All players with special Roles must contact the Narrator during the night cycle. The Narrator will not generally PM these players asking them - players are responsible for this themselves.
For casting Lynch votes:
- Day cycle will last until a majority vote for a lynch (including "no lynch") has been reached and will end IMMEDIATELY after said majority is reached.
- During the day cycle, all surviving players may talk and discuss however they want in the game thread. Just avoid profanity and flaming please.
- During the day cycle, a vote will be taken on who - if anyone - the townspeople wish to lynch. Everyone alive may vote regardless of Role unless they were silenced.
- A lynching will take place when more than 50% (majority) of the surviving players vote on the same person.
- The narrator will PM all players with special Roles with the results of his/her power-usage at the beginning of each day cycle if necessary (such as the Sheriff).
- The game ends when either all Mafia members are killed (Innocent victory) or the Mafia members outnumber the townspeople (Mafia victory).
- When a player is killed by the Mafia, their Role/alignment will NOT be revealed.
- When a player is lynched, their Role/alignment WILL be revealed
To cast a lynch vote: Lynch vote:
To change your lynch vote: Change vote:
To remove your lynch vote: Unvote
To cast a 'no lynch' vote: Lynch vote: No LynchIf the above convention is NOT used, it is likely (but not definite) the vote will NOT be counted. Please use the above convention. It makes it considerably easier to see people's votes and count them up.