The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

truth2belief

-dono
MATV Subs
I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series and after hearing about it in the Dead Island forum I decided this needs a topic. I currently pre-ordered the game through gamestop and plan on playing it the Friday it's out. If there's one thing I'm looking forward to that's different from the previous Elder Scrolls, it's the dual wielding. If there's one thing I'm not looking forward to, it's the skill development. Reason being, I'm a completionist. If there's a skill unable to be achieved having being given up for another trait, then there's another gaming perspective unmet. Anyone else have any expectations of this game? Played previous games?

And if there's one other thing I'm looking forward to, it's seeing the Yogscast cover this game.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Nov 08 2011, 10:12 AM) I'm a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series and after hearing about it in the Dead Island forum I decided this needs a topic. I currently pre-ordered the game through gamestop and plan on playing it the Friday it's out. If there's one thing I'm looking forward to that's different from the previous Elder Scrolls, it's the dual wielding. If there's one thing I'm not looking forward to, it's the skill development. Reason being, I'm a completionist. If there's a skill unable to be achieved having being given up for another trait, then there's another gaming perspective unmet. Anyone else have any expectations of this game? Played previous games?

And if there's one other thing I'm looking forward to, it's seeing the Yogscast cover this game.
Dont know how much the Yogcast will cover it, might be Simon plays or Hannah, since after all it is single player only
sad.gif

As for playing Elderscrolls, well i started from TES3: Morrowind, played TES4 as well
now up to this.. was desperately waiting. I'll have the thing only by Saturday... since it'll get delivered to me. not via shop... well I'll hve it earlier than most anyway XD
Dual-wielding is enormous for TES, but I hope for better AI more... because they where plain stupid in Oblivion.

Yeah the 5th installment takes you intot Frozen North Lands. Pretty much some time passed after what happened in Oblivion of course. Although I've seen this series from the very get go from Arena, to Daggerfall, to Morrowind, and so on. Although I have to say that the first two were actually dos-shell biased games since this was way back in the day you know. God saying that makes me feel old.
laugh.gif

In any case I heard rumors that you can only play one race, and there are no classes this time. Although I'm not sure now since I haven't been on thier boards in such a long time mind you. So pretty much I go by hearsay.

Ironically they are comming out the same date that the movie Immortals comes out, so it's kind of a tough choice for me. Then again I can always see the movie first and get the game later on.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 08 2011, 03:54 PM) Yeah the 5th installment takes you intot Frozen North Lands. Pretty much some time passed after what happened in Oblivion of course. Although I've seen this series from the very get go from Arena, to Daggerfall, to Morrowind, and so on. Although I have to say that the first two were actually dos-shell biased games since this was way back in the day you know. God saying that makes me feel old.
laugh.gif

In any case I heard rumors that you can only play one race, and there are no classes this time. Although I'm not sure now since I haven't been on thier boards in such a long time mind you. So pretty much I go by hearsay.

Ironically they are comming out the same date that the movie Immortals comes out, so it's kind of a tough choice for me. Then again I can always see the movie first and get the game later on.
tongue.gif

Nah should be usual races... just that.. no classes.. there is a PS3 or was it XBOX version leak... so its fine there.

I'm guessing it's going to be something like the Fable system if there is no class to work with. Besides the classes could wear pretty much any armor since Morrowind, with the slight execption of the Kaijiit and not able to wear boots in Morrowind though.
rolleyes.gif

In any case I may get it and use my uncle's PC to play it since he has one of those top of the line gamming PCs mind you.
wink.gif

I'm just like Nioki where I played TES III and IV. These games get extremely more complex with each installment. My graphics card is actually just a bit less powerful than the recommended and thus I'm pondering whether to get one of those, too.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Nov 08 2011, 11:33 PM) I'm just like Nioki where I played TES III and IV. These games get extremely more complex with each installment. My graphics card is actually just a bit less powerful than the recommended and thus I'm pondering whether to get one of those, too.
Dunno Morrowind was epic... TES IV was just terrible in vanilla... thank god bethesda releases the construction set and we got such an epic modding community.

Mine is GeForce 8600 GT >_>

and I'm thinking of gettign one as well.. but I'm kinda low on money... T_T plus I'm keeping some cash for Diablo 3 as well

Yeah about the MODing community you know there was three types right? One was the offical stuff, the others were fan made that complemented the game, while the third was the ero eor community. I'll bet you prety much my entire loli collection if this game also has use of the TES Construction set and whathave you there will be members of the third community doing.... stuff with the game.
laugh.gif

In all honesty sometimes they tend to be rather good in thier works though, an dI mean that in the MODing community as a whole mind you.
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 09 2011, 12:46 AM) Yeah about the MODing community you know there was three types right? One was the offical stuff, the others were fan made that complemented the game, while the third was the ero eor community. I'll bet you prety much my entire loli collection if this game also has use of the TES Construction set and whathave you there will be members of the third community doing.... stuff with the game.
laugh.gif

In all honesty sometimes they tend to be rather good in thier works though, an dI mean that in the MODing community as a whole mind you.
wink.gif

Rule #34? XD

Official DLC for oblivion was hardly praiseworthy as well though. I much more of a Morrowind fan for that as well... I especially loved how little difference was there between my modded Morrowind and Oblivion even in the visual part
rolleyes.gif

Thank god Skyrim is being built ground-up.

I think it's also noteworthy that Bethesda softworks also made Fallout. I can play Fallout New Vegas but not without lag. I imagine this being even worse than that when I play the game. Also, noteworthy that Rage was made by ID, now a part of Bethesda. Bethesda has become a top player in gaming ever since the release of Morrowind.

In TES 3, TES 4, Fallout 3, and many of the previous games, there has always been a near perfection that you could achieve. I always try to bring my character to that point. For example, in TES 3, you can use your alchemy to get as much money and up your stats to godlike. In TES 4, you can obtain the stones from closing gates and create the ultimate armor like 100 chameleon. And the chinese stealth armor in Fallout 3. Although that makes the game so easy it's basically cheating, I can't help but always try and obtain the best.

EDIT: Just found this on the Bethesda Softworks site. Job Opening: Production Associate / Translator (Japanese) opening in Rockville, MD, USA.

Now I don't plan on applying but I do like seeing these kinds of things. It's like a dream job but I don't give any heed to it. While I do understand Japanese, I don't think I'll be going to Maryland for a job interview.

EDIT 2: NOW YOU KNOW that the Yogscast will cover this game. DEFINITELY... aw~ YEAH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK4HMZIDvYM

So. anyone already playing?
smile.gif

I had an extreme fail today... the delivery man came over with Skyrim.... when I was still at my university.... so now I have to wait till tomorrow.. and that's when i was expecting ti for a whole week like mad..... and some people got it early.... so unfair...

_____
Edit:

The Yogscast have begun their play-through! Simon plays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DNBXvwgho

QUOTE (Nioki @ Nov 11 2011, 05:04 PM) So. anyone already playing?
smile.gif

I had an extreme fail today... the delivery man came over with Skyrim.... when I was still at my university.... so now I have to wait till tomorrow.. and that's when i was expecting ti for a whole week like mad..... and some people got it early.... so unfair...

_____
Edit:

The Yogscast have begun their play-through! Simon plays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DNBXvwgho
Currently installing and watching Simon while waiting. Now I know simon would be playing from their previous comments on the unboxing of skyrim but I can't help but think it's not Simon's kind of game. I would see Lewis playing the game cause he's like the thinking RPG player that did Rage and Witcher 2. Not that I'm complaining since Simon is the funniest of the bunch. I'm glad to have the game on time. You may be sad that you missed it today but maybe you're not like me. I worked today and finally got home to get to installing this game. I have to wake up early tomorrow and work all day, the next day, and the next day. There's always something to be glad about.

I'll update when I get further on this.

EDIT: Skyrim. Is. Awesome.

too bad my computer started BSODing ever since the last Windows Update. GRRRRRR. Will continue to play.

Okay. So now I updated Win7 again and I got no BSODs yet. My first goal at the moment is to own a house so that I can put all my loot into it. 'cept that house costs 5k and my many hours of gaming has gotten me 2,700gold. Now I need to go to work in 3 hours...

The game is quite incredible. It's classless just as Kid-Wolf said. You simply get 1 perk for each level gain. And you gain a level for every some skills you earn of any type it seems.

God... I'm installing... I'm installing it O_O the wait.... is almost over...
Sucks that tomorrow I'll have to do finish my project for uni that's due Monday... :C but today... is a happy day ^^

BTW Wolfie-san are you getting\got it already?
ohmy.gif

Planning on it since it looks really good to play, bt I'll have to find the time and moeny to get it first, since I'm kind of poor and jobless at the moent.
sleep.gif

But yes I do look foward to playing it and hopefully have the time and effort to play it.
wink.gif

Geh money >_> well at least I had enough for Skyrim.... would be epic if I could play it on a bigger screen though.... but money.... T_T

was really surprised though when I found ou i can run Skyrim without lags on above medium
ohmy.gif
on my 8600 GT lol

Ok after spending around $65USD (after taxes and whatnot) I managed to play it. Although I'm actually supprised on how the game is run on a Steam Account. Had to make one for the very first time you know since I didn't see any other way around to install said game.
unsure.gif

Well aside from that pretty much you don't need the disk for it at all which makes things a bit easier for myself though.
tongue.gif

Oh yeah and after playing it for a while it seems that I should of gotten the guide book with it, or the LE box though, but oh well I was poor at the time.

Pretty much the races are the same and you're a few hundred years into the 4th Era now. The leveling system is nice, but the only issue I have is how to raise your carring capacity since I tend to overweight myself every now and again.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 16 2011, 06:51 PM) Ok after spending around $65USD (after taxes and whatnot) I managed to play it. Although I'm actually supprised on how the game is run on a Steam Account. Had to make one for the very first time you know since I didn't see any other way around to install said game.
unsure.gif

Well aside from that pretty much you don't need the disk for it at all which makes things a bit easier for myself though.
tongue.gif

Oh yeah and after playing it for a while it seems that I should of gotten the guide book with it, or the LE box though, but oh well I was poor at the time.

Pretty much the races are the same and you're a few hundred years into the 4th Era now. The leveling system is nice, but the only issue I have is how to raise your carring capacity since I tend to overweight myself every now and again.
rolleyes.gif

Actually all the races have a bit of a difference in their basic skill levels... you just dont see it in the character creation, they removed it from there :C even sex has a a bit of a difference.
As for carrying capacity you can increase it by enchanting items with the corresponding enchantment, using strength potions, or easiest of all... raise your stamina.

The steam account is actually pretty nice as long as you never lose it, you can buy games directly through it... and there are usually nice discount on them.. oblivion for instance with all the DLC is only $5 now
ohmy.gif
. And you can install the game to multiple pc's and run it on multiple ones xD also, even if you lose the physical copy, you can re-download it from steam for free
ohmy.gif

Well that's good to hear, but back to the game play I think I ran into what I think could be considered kind of a broken quest if you will. Pretty much when you end up in one fo the towns and you have to uncover who is running the Forsworn and find out that the town is mostly run by a family that uses them to keep things under said family's control.

Althought that's not the problem here is what happens when you go back into the temple for a second time when you were taken to prison. Pretty much the guards are still in there and they act like they are going to pin everything on you and send you back to the mine again. Although instead no matter what you say to them you still get killed by them of course.

Pretty much I just hope they come out wiht the patch to fix that sometime soon you know.
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 17 2011, 06:41 PM) Well that's good to hear, but back to the game play I think I ran into what I think could be considered kind of a broken quest if you will. Pretty much when you end up in one fo the towns and you have to uncover who is running the Forsworn and find out that the town is mostly run by a family that uses them to keep things under said family's control.

Althought that's not the problem here is what happens when you go back into the temple for a second time when you were taken to prison. Pretty much the guards are still in there and they act like they are going to pin everything on you and send you back to the mine again. Although instead no matter what you say to them you still get killed by them of course.

Pretty much I just hope they come out wiht the patch to fix that sometime soon you know.
unsure.gif

Yeah there are a lot of bugs with that quest :/ so you have to wait :C or kill the damn guards XD

Well the only way I can do that is to cheat and do god modeo against them. Granted there are sometimes where some of the NPCs tend to show up a bit to early or disapear and then reappear all over again. It's a bit buggy, but I guess that's what happens when they wanted to aim for the 11-11-11 release date I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Oddly enough I've heard of a few people finishing up the game already with makes me think that they somehow plowed though over what looks like to be over 100+ hours of gameplay. Although it looks like all they did was just the main quest like and nothing more.

As for myself, I'm pretty much trying to obtain some of the achievements of doing side quests, faction quests, micelaneous quests, daedric quests, and dungeon clearing as well.

Hopefully there will be a patch release of some of the issues soon mind you since this is a good game to play and all.
tongue.gif

Well that and it's technically the first game that is not placed within the 3rd Era now. Although I kind of got some of the gaps filled in between the end of Oblivion game all the way up to this game itself. Pretty much I'm supprised that one of the contenents outside of the Imperial Provences are brought into the limelight here.

In any case after all the DLC and expansions for this are done I wonder where they will head on off to next for the Elder Scrolls series.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back