FTV Meido Cup - Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Maiku_Ando

-sama
Staff member
Leader Council
Round 1 is now up!

Vote Here !

Note: Thread split from the FTV Tsundre Cup Discussion here.
Speaking of this...I have an idea now the Tsundre cup is over.. I'd like to run a meido cup with the new voting method if your interested..it would also include your 2 fantasy finalists as the maid criteria is a simple 'must have some offical image / screen time / game time as a maid'.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 24 2012, 10:15 AM) Speaking of this...I have an idea now the Tsundre cup is over.. I'd like to run a meido cup with the new voting method if your interested..it would also include your 2 fantasy finalists as the maid criteria is a simple 'must have some offical image / screen time / game time as a maid'.
That would be a good idea but I would take "must have some offical image" out of the criteria because with that you could let almost every character participate since almost everyone had such an image at some point of time. Sticking with screen & game time gives you plenty of participants already.

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 24 2012, 05:15 AM) Speaking of this...I have an idea now the Tsundre cup is over.. I'd like to run a meido cup with the new voting method if your interested..it would also include your 2 fantasy finalists as the maid criteria is a simple 'must have some offical image / screen time / game time as a maid'.
Well I was planning on getting some assistance with the FTV League, but for some reason I can't resist the Meido settings you have mentioned in yours now.
biggrin.gif

In any case I sense that a certain maid who is known for her pads will--- *knifed*

*recovers after a few minutes, and a long beratment from said maid*

Well I'm in and will help out if need be, but as for picks I have to ask do you have any idea who is going to be chosen. Obviouslly Tohsaka is one of those two since she was a meido in the Fate Fandisk, and also in Carnival Phantasm. In any case I get this feeling you may have a Type-Moon Heavy poll if you do it, but hey that's just my prediction there.
wink.gif

Mah Ero-sense is tingling Wat is dish, meido I hear about *v* hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :3 Is it meeidddoo time?

I think the Meido Cup may prove interesting and fun. I do not know many myself but I am sure I will learn from all of the Meido experts as to who is who in the Meido world.
tongue.gif
May the best Meido win!
wink.gif

ok so this is how I was thinking we could do it:

First a qualifying thread, where people can suggest a meido/s for entry, then we lock the thread and count up the entrants, and then we make the tourniment thing?

And then just cary on like the Tsundre cup did.

I was thinking to make it easier on us, if a person wants to enter a maid, they need to post a picture of that character as a maid. That is their 'qualifying' I guess, and its a total bonus that we get a thread full of meido pictures
smile.gif

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 25 2012, 01:33 PM) I was thinking to make it easier on us, if a person wants to enter a maid, they need to post a picture of that character as a maid. That is their 'qualifying' I guess, and its a total bonus that we get a thread full of meido pictures
smile.gif

It would also be nice as to where said Meido is from....what anime series and her role in the anime series. And I agree, a pic is most necessary. And please announce the Meido Cup on the Front Page so you generate more votes/participants/activity.
wink.gif
All the best!!!
normal_504.jpg

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Aug 25 2012, 08:40 PM)It would also be nice as to where said Meido is from....what anime series and her role in the anime series. And I agree, a pic is most necessary. And please announce the Meido Cup on the Front Page so you generate more votes/participants/activity.  All the best!!!

A very nice idea! I've updated the qualifying thread to include that info as part of the entry, hopefully it will teach us about more maids as well!
smile.gif

Now we just need to put that nice graphic on the front page...

Glad the other suggestions I sent you helped, Ando-san. I am going to look the lists from MAL over and hope to find some of the maids I recall from the various animes I have watched. Are current series in the running as well?

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Aug 25 2012, 09:43 PM) Glad the other suggestions I sent you helped, Ando-san. I am going to look the lists from MAL over and hope to find some of the maids I recall from the various animes I have watched. Are current series in the running as well?
So i maid a couple of changes to it.., I added a requirment to say why shes the best maid.

The reaosn I did that, is because I wanted to get some info to help people vote, it may complicate things so will see how it goes, but hopefully it will help.
I'm also thinking if it might be interesting to run votes in categories, so once we have the maid contenstants, we could do a vote for say "most moe" or "most dedicated servant/maid" or something like that, maybe a most cute or most sexy or somthing for a visual category? I dunno, its just a ramdom thing that came to mind. Ofcourse the most dedicated servant category can only apply to characters who are actually maids in the anime / game, so its like a special category to split off the real maids from the girls who just wanted to look cute
smile.gif

I think for the criteria, I was thinking just any character that has officialy been in a maid costume, so for example Misaka Mikoto and Rin Tohsaka would qualify as they have dressed up as a maid in the anime or in promo art. I am kinda wondering if that might be too wide open like what Killer_Ossi said.

I just think that if we do a Meido contest than the participants should be meidos and not just have worn it once or something since that would be an insult to the real Meidos.
But I would say that should be decided after we see how many Meidos are getting called out. If there are only a few real Meidos than widen it if there are enough get on with them.

Next should defenitely be the Milf vote. Or maybe not because choosing would probably fry my brain at some point ^^

And now I have a question. The rules read like everyone can only bring one Meido into the game, do I understand that right?

I agree with Ossi when he says that when you present a meido, she needs to be a real meido and not just wear the maid outfit just once for a cosplay purpose or a joke or anything else.

But if we have to introduce just one maid... I need to make the best choice XDD (know too many maids .__.)

Ok, so your saying we should only allow real maid characters? Or shall we wait and see what we get entered and decided? if we get a lot of real meidos, we could always split off the cosplyers into a maid cosplay sub-cup
smile.gif

I updated the first post / rules to make it a bit more clear, so you CAN enter multiple maids. I'm trying to prevent 100 people all trying to add in the same maid with rule no 2, but adding extra reasons to the 'why is she the best maid' is allowed mainly in case the first person to enter her dosnt give enough info or because they might have a different opinion. Later on, we could combine the decent reasons if there worth it.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense now
smile.gif

PS @ Nemingway, Perfect maid request there btw - thats exactly the kinda info I was looking for
smile.gif

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 25 2012, 05:30 PM) I updated the first post / rules to make it a bit more clear, so you CAN enter multiple maids. I'm trying to prevent 100 people
Hopefully that makes a bit more sense now
smile.gif

Hopefully, as long as you remember to post/advertise the new contest on the Front Page otherwise, doubt 100 meido fans will come knocking unless they stumble onto the forums...gambatte Meido fans!
wink.gif

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Aug 26 2012, 07:26 AM) Front page post done, took a couple of goes to get it right, but I think its ok now. :/
Very nice indeed, Ando-san! I am glad the picture provided to you by yours truly was of help...lovely Meidos with wonderful Meido fashion sense and color.
laugh.gif
All the necessary information is nicely situated so as to help FTV folks get to voting...gonna be a fun watch.
wink.gif

Now that's just being a bit unreasonable since I don't have an ImageShack Account nor do I feel like getting one.

As for Official works I will say just this, and that's now you're just going to make me work to try and get my stuff up here.
sleep.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 27 2012, 03:02 AM)Now that's just being a bit unreasonable since I don't have an ImageShack Account nor do I feel like getting one.

As for Official works I will say just this, and that's now you're just going to make me work to try and get my stuff up here.
sleep.gif

lol Wolfie you got your butt kicked
smile.gif

The reason for imageshack was so we can all see a nice picture of the maid in the thread at a glance and not have to click links
tongue.gif
you can use some other site or just include a small image and make it a link, but please do include an image in the post, I was hoping to keep this that thread as a nice gallery after the cup
smile.gif

The 'official image, no fan art' was to qualify the maid as actually being a maid, anyone can draw a character in a maid costume, dosnt mean she was actually a maid
tongue.gif

Also your the only person not filling out the right info too, and your supposed to be helping me run the cup lol

erm before posting my choices in the Meido Cup I want to ask a few questions:
1. can I post lightnovel and manga-only maids, besides from anime and games?
2. if that's allowed then is it ok to add black & white pics or preferently in color?
...and 3. are characters valid who were maids in one point of their official story, afterwards leaving that role or they must be dedicated maids all the time?
huh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back