Anime and Adult

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

aquaspirit39

-san
Kouhai
Today I want to open a topic...I do not know whether you all have experience the same thing or not but I am wondering why cant adut come to appreciate anime...

Geez...when I try talk my way out of them...they will keep saying "When you become adult you will understand" or something like that...well(do not include the hentai anime though)...Do you think that I will come to understand just as my parent says? Even my friend who is just two years older say so....
sad.gif

I'm no adult, but I'm sure we have hundreds of adults, if we're lucky, thousands, on this site who are actually watching anime and not just teens and children, so I wouldn't say that adults can't come to appreciate anime. Some just perceive anime like normal 10 year old cartoons like Pokemon while those who look outside the box really appreciate the true meaning of anime. That's my speculation. It really depends on taste, how much of reality are you willing to accept, and to what extent is anime/cartoons still a part of you as you grow up.

well to me it isn't that the adults doesn't understand really, it is more like no time to really enjoy it.

come adult you have to study, work, clean the house, and other various adult chores I think you rarely can appreciate the free time available let alone dl/buy anime.

adults rarely have free time for enjoyment and usually when they do the time is used for other things such as taxes, cleaning, etc.

I mean I have many adult friends who still enjoy anime, cartoons, etc. but they can find little to no time to enjoy it.

though I hope you mean just hentai cause there are many animes that are derived from hentai games and such. so to me it is a bit neglecting quite a number of animes if you do mean hentai anime - at least in my interpretation of what you meant.

*side note* while kit a few seconds ahead of my post =P :3

QUOTE (blckdemondrgn @ Jul 08 2007, 02:49 PM) well to me it isn't that the adults doesn't understand really, it is more like no time to really enjoy it.

come adult you have to study, work, clean the house, and other various adult chores I think you rarely can appreciate the free time available let alone dl/buy anime.

adults rarely have free time for enjoyment and usually when they do the time is used for other things such as taxes, cleaning, etc.

I mean I have many adult friends who still enjoy anime, cartoons, etc. but they can find little to no time to enjoy it.

though I hope you mean just hentai cause there are many animes that are derived from hentai games and such. so to me it is a bit neglecting quite a number of animes if you do mean hentai anime - at least in my interpretation of what you meant.

*side note* while kit a few seconds ahead of my post =P :3
I disagree...I am an adult who has a demanding job and other outside-of this-forum, responsibilities. I enjoy anime and see it as an art form to be appreciated and enjoyed as a hobby, in my case......and just because I am an adult does not mean I like hentai, quite the contrary, to me, it is disgusting and crass and leaves nothing to the imagination.
rolleyes.gif
Granted, if I had more time, I would watch more anime, but I have other interests as well and become restless in front of the computer if I sit for too long. Ah...but I have had my share of anime marathons and those little spurts of fun are not yet over.....
wink.gif
laugh.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 08 2007, 06:00 PM) I disagree...I am an adult who has a demanding job and other outside-of this-forum, responsibilities. I enjoy anime and see it as an art form to be appreciated and enjoyed as a hobby, in my case......and just because I am an adult does not mean I like hentai, quite the contrary, to me, it is disgusting and crass and leaves nothing to the imagination.
rolleyes.gif
Granted, if I had more time, I would watch more anime, but I have other interests as well and become restless in front of the computer if I sit for too long. Ah...but I have had my share of anime marathons and those little spurts of fun are not yet over.....
wink.gif
laugh.gif

well I was speaking in general terms opinion. that is in my opinion why other adults can enjoy anime, that and what kit suggested how some think animes are for the younger viewers.

hentai is another genre which whomever can enjoy if they wish to view it.

me personally I was referring to anime which derives from hentai such as shuffle, soul link, and other well known animes - is what I thought aqua was talking about when he/she said hentai anime.

I wouldn't call myself an adult - or at least a responsible one - but I still always try to find time for anime ^^.

hm...what I mean is: Yeah Hentai is one of anime genre but most of them are for 21 and above,few of them are 18 n above...therefore there sre no way children will read it...It does not mean that adult like hentai genre it is just that who watch hentai are adults...

but then...otherwise it is simply rare to find an adult who like anime...although they really like it sometimes they are too ashame to admit...just like one friend of mine...I saw his computer background is anime for several time...even his handphone ringing tone...but only when there are no people around he will talk willingly otherwise he doesnot really want to say anything

Even people at my school..you see I am one of the youngest Iam 16 and they are 18...whenever I talk about anime...they give me stop-being-childish look...

QUOTE (aquaspirit39 @ Jul 08 2007, 05:37 PM) Even people at my school..you see I am one of the youngest Iam 16 and they are 18...whenever I talk about anime...they give me stop-being-childish look...
Your peers obviously haven't watched Black Lagoon.

Some adults are into anime but not many. I'm 18 so I'm legally an adult and I love anime. I was at an anime convention this past spring and there was a fair amount of adults there. Some were just babysitting their kids but some were there for themselves.

I am almost 23 and have been watchin alot of anime and still watchn em..
wink.gif
..so no sweat..if u like emm u'll keep watchin em.

The thing about that is high school or school itself ppl try to do what other ppl doing to. They try not to be open what they really like if they like anime. Which how I was kinda I still show I like anime but I dont speak of it much when I was in highschool since they wouldnt understand lol but right now im in college it way in the open lol XD. All my project I have to do it ANIME!! lol XD and Im happy and the ppl around me try to watch what im watching on my laptop sometime XD

But bottom line is those who think that anime is childish is because they only seen shows/cartoon that was ment for childrens because there alot of anime that well made and for adult too. Also they think we should watch shows like the one on tv how different is it ... not much the ppl may be real but the ppl they play are not.

Plus it doesnt matter if I continue to watch anime when I get older because I plan to go into the bussiness that make them ^^.

Hmm..although Iam 16...I am in college now...and Iam like

Kansatsusha-sama-dono,try to be open , I try to talk to them about anime....yeah I know there are good anime that even non-anime people can appreciate: Death Note, Black Lagoon...and I am sure if they want to watch even for 2 ep...they will fall for it...but then they do not even want to take a glimpse.....

everything back to---> Anime = Childish

The reason that I brought this up is because there are only 2 things that I expert in: Study and Anime. I have just move into this college and trying to make friends...but somehow....nobody like anime
sad.gif
...so sad

but it is a bit relieving to know that I will continue to lke anime...I like anime very much that I really afraid that what my parents said about being 'understand' may actually happen
ph34r.gif

I remember I was watching some anime when my grandparents were around and would get the comment "arn't you to old to be watching cartoons? 'cartoons are for kids'. Then we started a debate which I clearly won, but you know how old people are, stubborn and like to believe what they know until they die lol

The moral of the story is, while some anime is for children a good majority of it isn't and are aimed at an adult audience. I love anime it's a true art form, the way expressions are done in comedies to how serious and great the animation and excessive gore can be I'll always prefer it over western catoons which are usually set for a child audience, unless they're a comedy such as family guy (great show lol).

Another thing to note, if people criticise you about watching anime, criticise them about watching normal shows, for example I don't like reality tv shows or soap operas, bad dramas and the list goes on, but a lot of people that think anime is for kids tend to watch these kinds of shows and I sure as hell give them an ear full so they think twice about criticising me
tongue.gif

Adults did not grow up watching anime (even though Cartoon are animated just as much as anime, it is still different to them) in this time and most now-a-days are too ignorant or arragant to take the time and try anime. My parents are not fans of anime and pretty much are distestful towards that of anime. HOWEVER with age comes more responcibilty and with more responcibilty comes less free time... meaning that most likely (unless you can arrange time) you will slowly wined down on the amount of anime you watch and therefor you could possibly forget the "priority" of which anime has taken place eariler in your life....

That is what I believe is possible to happen.

I think this should belong in the Thoughtful Section... so... Topic Moved.

QUOTE (aquaspirit39 @ Jul 08 2007, 06:34 PM)Kansatsusha-sama-dono,try to be open , I try to talk to them about anime....yeah I know there are good anime that even non-anime people can appreciate: Death Note, Black Lagoon...and I am sure if they want to watch even for 2 ep...they will fall for it...but then they do not even want to take a glimpse.....

everything back to---> Anime = Childish

The reason that I brought this up is because there are only 2 things that I expert in: Study and Anime. I have just move into this college and trying to make friends...but somehow....nobody like anime
sad.gif
...so sad

but it is a bit relieving to know that I will continue to lke anime...I like anime very much that I really afraid that what my parents said about being 'understand' may actually happen
ph34r.gif
Well now Im more open in forums then in person now lol... but I like to keep to myself it not bad for me since I enjoy being who I am =) that also one reason I like the first type anime characters I like . If we at the same wavelenth then I can be open otherwise I do what I want to do even if no one like to do it.

Humm Im lucky there a few ppl who like anime at my skool and I give some I have already XD

Just one thing If anyone say no one is like that but if you are like that then someone else is too
ohmy.gif

Anime is a drug that should not be use by children or noods, and should not be taken lightly by adults. I started doing anime when I was a teenager. I was introduced to it by a friend of a friend. He said, "come on man, it a get you hiiiiiiighhh", so I folded under the pressure and took a hit...and it blow my mutherfu*k'in mind
wacko.gif
. I started off with the small stuff
unsure.gif
, like or 'Ichigo 100%' and 'Girls Bravo'..then I moved up to the big leagues with 'Naruto' and 'Bleach'
blink.gif
. That's when my mother kicked me out the house, cuz she caught me stealing money out her purse to by manga
sad.gif
...Now I'm a 20 year old, self loathing anime addict, that can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality
ph34r.gif

That's just my experience with anime...I'm sure it's the same for everyone^^

Funny, funny all the interesting commentary regarding anime. I am not ashamed to admit I am a fan to anyone who will ask. Gee, it is a unique Japanese art form afterall, and I'm sure there are many more, than are willing to admit, that they like it too. I agree, some folks are into the Hentai genre of anime....that's their choice...me? I like Samurai themed anime...Basilisk, Samurai Champloo, those were two faves, good mystery or Sci Fi as well. Currently, Naruto Shippuuden is a fave, Dennou Coil, ah....one is never too old to enjoy this art form......I am in my nineties and still a big anime fan...
wink.gif
I am not addicted as once I was, but throw me a good series, and I am in!
laugh.gif

smile.gif

@killorbekilled: Yeah...Iam 'a bit' addicted
tongue.gif
...I can watch anime for 24 hours non-stop...er...Is it too extreme? Or you guys are the same too
wink.gif
?

@ImTakes: woah
laugh.gif
...you seems to be a carefree person arent you...it will be good If everybody will be that honest

@Kansatsusha-sama: I hope to find some friends that love anime too
smile.gif
...first I think 'The Japanese' but it seems they are less eager about anime than me
dry.gif

Watching anime sure fun...the art behind picture,behind stories,behind the feeling put into the story...pity a lot people simply cant understand...

QUOTE (aquaspirit39 @ Jul 08 2007, 10:11 PM) @Kansatsusha-sama: I hope to find some friends that love anime too
smile.gif
...first I think 'The Japanese' but it seems they are less eager about anime than me
dry.gif

I do have friend that like anime but I surpass them all lol... they dont understand too much as I do lol...

I personally am the biggest anime addict out of all of my friends that I know in Real Life.... However one of my friends is catching up with me... if its a war she wants.... Its a war she will get! HAHAHAHA!

well I'm born from some Eastern-Asian countries so animes are more like Cartoons to me and I've watched them as a kid with shows like Doramon and Gundams and Kamen Riders. And all my toys were Japanese-related like 4wd mini cars and gundam figures or Ultraman. From where I'm from there were alot more older anime viewers than where I live now. It's just a difference of culture and the fashions they grew up with.

smile.gif
...I cant help myself but laugh haha,it is so fun talking to those really understand...

but...sometimes I find myself drifted into imaginary land...like I keep comparing reality will fantasy....I can feel that it is a bit dangerous...just in case if I am a person with less sense I will just simply reject the reality and take those fantasy as reality...wuizz...it feel dangerous somehow...the rejection of reality... there are several times that I almost do that...luckily I came to my sense..

killorbekilled: "Anime is a drug that should not be use by children or noods, and should not be taken lightly by adults."

I think it is agreeable
smile.gif

nb: btw how to use the quote function?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back