154 replies to this topic

#141 mccamy

mccamy

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:38 AM

I agree with many that have been mentioned so far, and I love most of the classics that everyone reads--stuff that has been translated into English like Beserk and Kare Kano .

Here are a few ongoing series that I did not see mentioned that I recommend.

Pluto from the mangaka of Monster and 21st Century Boys. This is my favorite series by him yet. Only up to 6 or 7 volumes so far. Includes a very naturalistic Astro Boy and some dark and scary robots. Chapters sort of come out when they come out.

Vassalord from the mangaka of Peace Maker Kurogane which is about some very funny and perverted vampires who solve crimes. It will be out in English soon.

Wild Adapter from the mangaka of Saiyuki. The 5th volume just came out in English and it was really good. It explained a lot about the characters.

Also, I recently saw the live action movie version of the manga Ichi the Killer and it was even better the manga---it really clarifies the Buddhist principles behind the manga. No, all that violence is not gratuitous. Yes, it has an uplifting meaning.

#142 iloveyuri

iloveyuri
  • Kouhais
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, yuri, Sagara Sousuke, Shizuma Hanazono, Kon

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

my top five mangas:
1. Zettai Kareshi
2. Midnight Secretary
3. Love Monster
4. Ai Hime ~ Ai Hime to HImegoto
5. Moe Kare
user posted image

#143 stabwound

stabwound

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Won`t write all the animes i saw just saying that my interests are simple : music(playing drums) , anime and computer games

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

The mangas that i recently read and i liked are:

1)Goth
2)Sundome
3)Sword of the dark ones
4)MPD-psycho
5)Ghost Talker's Daydream
6)Deus Vitae
7)Speedgrapher

user posted image

#144 franzoir

franzoir

-the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • Interests:Politics

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:01 PM

Without a doubt Gantz and One piece (dont make me choose).

Gantz pretty much sums up my feelings on life in general.

One Piece provides me with a fantasy world to escape in which it tells a touching tale of companionship and adventure like none ive ever seen.
user posted image

Summertime has come and gone...all used up with wishful thinking

#145 Hiasubi

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (stabwound @ Nov 09 2008, 03:54 PM)
The mangas that i recently read and i liked are:

2)Sundome

Awww dude you finally read Sundome then? What did you think of it, pm so it doesnt spam up the thread biggrin.gif Im downloading the first few chapters of Goth befroe i start to read that myself biggrin.gif

For me its gotta be Kodomo no Jikan, i know my sig says its 2nd or 3rd, but thats based off as im reading them, yet if it were for overall enjoyment, then it shoots straight into first, the character and the story is just pure gold, and i dont care what loads of you people say its NOT a pedo manga.

#146 is_darkness88

is_darkness88

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Animes, Mangas, Games, Girls, Money...:p

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

of course my fav manga are:

1. one piece
2. naruto
3. bleach
4. eye shield21
5. fairy tails
user posted image
-life really doesn't go the way we want it, doesn't it- minami-ke okaeri
-on a street in Kyoto he became a person to never return- rurouni kenshin

#147 Xtine

Xtine
  • Kouhais
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:45 PM

My Fav manga...

Skip Beat, Gakuen Alice, and Baby Love(rather old but I've never bored reading it...)

#148 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

-sama "The Great Ero King"

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Birthday: June 30 2086 (wont let me select that year &lt;_&lt;)<br><br>Manga Editor @ Solaris-SVU (http://www.mangaworld.org/)<br>Editor for: Girls Saurus DX<br><br>Online Gaming:<br>-Left4Dead<br>-Team Fortress<br>-Call of Duty<br>-Spore<br><br>Old Skool gaming:<br>-Total Annihilation<br>-Metal Slug<br><br>Favorite Mangas:<br>Change 123<br>Rosario + Vampire<br>Kemeko Dx<br>Mysterious Girlfriend X <br>Akumetsu <br>Mahou Tsukai Kurohime <br>Yakuza Girl<br>Highschool of the Dead<br>Girls Saurus and Girls Saurus DX<br>History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi <br>Sekirei <br>My Balls <br><br>Favorite Anime Girls:<br>1.M.M. - Kemeko Dx<br>2.Moka(inner) - Rosario + Vampire<br>3.Karoi Kanzaki - To Aru Majutsu no Index<br>4.Horo - Spice and Wolf<br>5.Neliel tu Oderschvank - Bleach<br>6.Tayuya - Naruto<br>7.Halibel - Bleach<br>8.Asuka Langley Soryu - Evangelion

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

1)Yakuza Girl -R18- Im addicted to this manga.
2)Mysterious Girlfriend X -PG- Weird, fun, funny.
3)Akumetsu -R- Twisted, Interesting, Insightful. Makes me laugh at the death of others. (probally a bad thing, but i like this)
4)Mahou Tsukai Kurohime -R- Interesting Story, Interesting Characters, Unique style.
5)Rosario + Vampire 1 and 2 -R- Cool, good story.
6)Highschool of the Dead -R18- I love zombies...
7)Girls Saurus and Girls Saurus DX -PG- Fun and Clever. Well placed fan service that makes sense.
8)History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi -PG- Probally the closest thing to a main stream manga, that i like. Good story, good action.
9)Sekirei -R- Boobs...lots of boobs...im mean...soooo many boobs.
10)My Balls -R18- Such a ridiculous story, such stupid senarios + intense ecchi = fun!

I recommend all and any of these to anyone and everyone thats 17+ most if not all of these contain at least one of the following: Blood, Intense Violence, Gore, Nudity, Sex.
user posted image

#149 ghost-kun

ghost-kun

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Things that go bump in the night. . . but not on my walls. . . damn annoying poltergeist.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

Lets see I guess I'll just start listing off what I have read or am in the process of reading: (It might be a long list.) ((but who knows.))
We will start with the sure reads if I see them.
-History's strongest disciple
-Superior (ye olde time set manga of monsters adventure/romance kinda)
-Fairytale
-Gantz
-Beserker
-3x3 eyes(which I can't find anymore("F"ing darkhorse))
-Air Gear (a fun read every time)
-Alive(short and gruesome, with a second part I haven't read)
-Angel Densetsu(the animation improves so much and it's just hilarious)
-Area no kishi(yeah sports)
-Crossover(more sports)
-Ares(does Manwa count?)
-Ashita no Yoichi!(accidentally echhi samurai)
-Ayu Mayu(Sister complex!!)(and that ends the "A"s that I remember)
-B-shock(decent not great)
-B. reaction(high hopes dashes with a fart)
-Bastard!!(Naming magic after heavy metal bands now that's crazy)
-Beast Master(shojo on a guys list? Well I have a few with sleaziness and action on here)
-Midnight Secretary(horny vampires)
-Zet man(Stupid name Great GREAT action story)
-Bitter Virgin (I read most of her(Kusunoki Kei's) works)
-Black God(Naive girl, super strength three of every one in the world. It is good, read it now)
-Black Lagoon(you can pick it up where the anime ends)(that's "B")
-Cat Street(NEKOWOW. . . not really but you can have a go anyways)
-Change Guy(YES!!! another Manwa but please if you chose one for a mature fighter choose this one.)
-Cross Game(I think Area no Kishi takes after this one.)(Can anyone help me find more?)
-D. Gray man(thus begins the awesome "D"s)(I LOVE 'D'S!!!)
-Deadman wonderland(good story and animation)(get over the whining Shinichi opps that was the wrong series)
-Death note(never watched the Anime/movie)
-Dei Ecchi Ei(Corruption at it's best.)
-Double Arts(sniff sniff ended way before its time)
-Ef - A Tale of the Two (different from the Anime)(my one and only "E")

Mods Note: next time you post a list that long in this topic spoiler it!

I'll do the rest some other time.

Edited by Hiasubi, 27 January 2009 - 08:44 AM.

"It's a simple question really; would you eat the moon if it were made out of ribs?"

#150 Uz3r013

Uz3r013

-sama "The Great Ero King"

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Birthday: June 30 2086 (wont let me select that year &lt;_&lt;)<br><br>Manga Editor @ Solaris-SVU (http://www.mangaworld.org/)<br>Editor for: Girls Saurus DX<br><br>Online Gaming:<br>-Left4Dead<br>-Team Fortress<br>-Call of Duty<br>-Spore<br><br>Old Skool gaming:<br>-Total Annihilation<br>-Metal Slug<br><br>Favorite Mangas:<br>Change 123<br>Rosario + Vampire<br>Kemeko Dx<br>Mysterious Girlfriend X <br>Akumetsu <br>Mahou Tsukai Kurohime <br>Yakuza Girl<br>Highschool of the Dead<br>Girls Saurus and Girls Saurus DX<br>History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi <br>Sekirei <br>My Balls <br><br>Favorite Anime Girls:<br>1.M.M. - Kemeko Dx<br>2.Moka(inner) - Rosario + Vampire<br>3.Karoi Kanzaki - To Aru Majutsu no Index<br>4.Horo - Spice and Wolf<br>5.Neliel tu Oderschvank - Bleach<br>6.Tayuya - Naruto<br>7.Halibel - Bleach<br>8.Asuka Langley Soryu - Evangelion

Posted 20 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

oi oi, the topic says, your favorite manga, not EVERY manga you are following...at least put them in a spoiler tag.
user posted image

#151 wantshuffle

wantshuffle

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

has to fall between air gear and mx0.

oh yeah

user posted image

#152 koko

koko
  • Kouhais
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:18 AM

Ichigo 100%, wecome to N.H.K and chobits,
read many manga but only these three that leaves some "unique" impression to me.

#153 lokier066

lokier066
  • Kouhais
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I love death note, xxxhoilic, final fantasy, I love Japanese Rock alot!! its all I listen to, i am Gothic, lol and im white but love Japanese anime, manga, and food, and candy but, the culture is beautiful and I love learning as much as i can about it. The cherry trees are also very beautiful and relaxing. I also have bamboo all over my room lol. the love and luck ones. I can only go to Asian markets in AZ only thing that feels like Asia lol a little bit. :)

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:14 PM

I LOVE DEATH NOTE!!!!!!! Ryuk and L biggrin.gif they rock!!!!!!!

Edited by lokier066, 01 July 2009 - 12:26 PM.

#154 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

My Top 10:
01. One Piece
02. Worst
03. Akumetsu
04. Skip Beat
05. Sekirei
06. Fairy Tail
07. Highschool of the Dead
08. Crows
09. Zero
10. Rave
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#155 pjcountach

pjcountach

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Anime for one, Aquarium fish, Lego, Italian Cars, Muscle cars. Fantasy and Science fiction,

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:58 AM

I don't read much manga, but here is what I've read

Fate/Stay night--up through 1/2 of volume 3
Hibiki's Magic--have read vol. 1
Coboy Bebop Shooting Star--all
Coboy Bebop--all

I read all the cowboy bebop manga after seeing the movie, but before seeing the anime. It was my first manga

Fate/Stay night is Typemoon, so I collect it

Hibiki's Magic is by Jun Maeda--from Key Visual, a group I like almost as much as Typemoon.

I'd like to check out Doujin work, but first to ensure money for rent and college loan repayment sad.gif
I think something should go here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users