One Piece (Manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

franzoir

-the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd
Sempai
I cant believe no one has made a manga thread about one piece, one of the greatest manga's around long before naruto and bleach started. Anyway if you read the manga as i do, well then buckle up faithful nakama and companions and lets discuss the world of One Piece.

Did anyone read the lastest chapter of one piece. By far the most devastating chapter in the series. Ive never seen Luffy in such despair. I also wonder what Kuma could of said to Ray. Ray seemed to of changed his opinion of the SH crew when Kuma spoke with him. All i know is the next chapter wil be dam interesting to read.

Anyone have any opinions,feel free to talk.

P.S if there is some obscure rule preventing a one piece thread, fine close it, but you shall forever be known as a meanie
mad.gif

There are probably loads of people who read One Piece, just either arent up to date with it, or dont want to reply, like in my Kodomo no Jikan manga thread, quite a few people read it, but are to lazy to reply to it.......

And i dont think that there is a law against, maybe its 'cause its just so great no one wants to hurt its greatness.

As for me im not up to date with it, im way behind, just finshed the whole Crocodile stuff. Partly cause i havnt got the time at the moment, to read all those chapters, i do intend to but its finding the time for it. But thats whay i never created a thread for it, 'cause if i made one then the chances are i would come across spoilers which i dont really want.

But yes i will agree that it is great and way better then Bleach or Chronicles of Sasuke Uchiha though.

I imagine alot of people are like you...for some reason the people havent caught onto one piece (among westerners anyway) like they did with Naruto. I only found out about one piece two years ago.

Anyway i suppose this thread will fade away until everyone catches up.

is this seriously the main one piece topic? the anime one is pretty small too. well anyways i was just wondering how far the manga is. about 3 more episodes for the anime and thriller bark is finished. oh yeah i was wondering.
i heard ace got beat up by blackbeard and he took him to those guys i forget what they were called, the people with the high bountys is this true?

Well i dont want to spoil it for you but ace is going to be executed which is going to result in war between the world government and white beard pirates

Basically this thread is dead, not too many people (around fansubtv anyway) read or watch of one piece.For the life of me i cant understand why.

I always think of it like people who watch/read one piece think that no-one else does apart from a few so dont want to discuss it because they are worried what others think about them.

I have read somewhere that people dont talk too much about one piece because it has DBZ aura surround to it but i myself tihnk thats *insert bad word here*. Yes it has comparisons to DBZ but DBZ threads have more discussion than one piece so wheres the logic.

I myself dont read the manga as of yet but i did get a site form franzior i tihnk it was so i could read online so i might get stuck into it when i have sometime.

Well Franny if it will please you and make you happy ill put Naruto/Bleach on hold (Who knows it might be good if i read them in bulk?) to catch up with the One Piece manga quicker, im only 200 or so behind so i should catch up in 2 weeks or so, just to get some discussion going......

Lol i loved this chapter, this chapter reminded me of a "wtf moment luffy is still alive" moment like when luffy got struck by enel and was ok.

I knew the shichibukai mero power wouldnt work lol, i dont even think luffy understands what love it. He has a simplistic child like mind that just wants to have fun, falling in love would only complicate his ambition.

boa hancock just too damn cute..
unlike her sisters... ha~

but i really like to know more about ACE, SHANKS, WHITE BEARD?
why kuma is helping luffy and others? (is it?)
and of course the others crews to...

can't wait..

but still, this is the best manga...

LMAO One Piece just keeps on getting better and better.

Dam i wish i was luffy, he is living everymans dream right now.

Man i dont know what will happen next, can luffy save ace? Without the support of his crew. Enies Lobby nearly killed him and now he has to go to the heartland of the WG and with no crew. This time i think its impossible. This war should be the coolest thing ever. I bet even Shanks will there.

P.S Cant believe Luffy pulled Boa hancock, what a lucky s.o.b but the guy only cares about food lol

yeah.. now it is a little blur about luffy's condition and how boa will react with his wish..
i also hope shanks will show his face later,
and we still doesn't know the condition of others crew..
are they alright??

this damn manga is too damn best..
make me wanna scream...
arghhhh....

now my question been answered why ace doesn't use family's name..

i don't know how luffy will pass the spotcheck...
but still he's in heaven... but sanji still in hell...

i didnt know one piece is that un popular in the west.
it is very popular in japan. it have been the best sale manga in japan years
it also become very popular in china for pretty long too.

QUOTE (wingknight @ Dec 13 2008, 08:00 PM) i didnt know one piece is that un popular in the west.
it is very popular in japan. it have been the best sale manga in japan years
it also become very popular in china for pretty long too.
Its a juxta position really. Western audiences that like anime, want something overly japanese so they can get to know the culture which they find interesting. However, elements of One Piece are incredibly European, especially the idea of European colonizing the 'New World' which Oda just replaced with pirates ships.

So whereas Japanese people would find it fascinating as its a new concept to them, western audiences are already familiar with the concept and do not like the move from a Japanese context to European one and therefore they write it off. People would rather watch something very japanese like ninjas and samurai etc etc.

Anyway, cant wait to see a reunion between a Luffy and Ace... i wouldnt be surprised if Garp doesnt help out in some way as well. Also for sure luffy is going to have to fight blackbeard, should be awesome.

luffy and buggy co-operate??
from small ruckus to big uproar...

luffy being chased, hancock must be very worried..
hehehe.. how lovely

maybe some people think ace would join SH, but I don't think so but I think buggy can. Joining luffy maybe the only chance for him to escape impel down, I think maybe it's good if buggy join SH he may lack of fighting ability but his devil fruit ability can be usefull in the future.

QUOTE (zenorth01 @ Dec 24 2008, 03:20 AM) maybe some people think ace would join SH, but I don't think so but I think buggy can. Joining luffy maybe the only chance for him to escape impel down, I think maybe it's good if buggy join SH he may lack of fighting ability but his devil fruit ability can be usefull in the future.
Ace will never join on the SH crew and i think luffy know that and so have never asked him. Since One Piece has taken a turn and more despair is creeping in, i still dont think Ace is going to survive.

But if buggy joined the crew that would certainly make things more interesting.

But what about the other pirates in Impel Down? Will Crocodile and his crew have some part to play in the arc? Both he and Ace have reason to hat Blackbeard, they may team up in order to defeat him. And Jimbei might be useful too. Without a crew, Luggy's gonna need all the help he needs.

Wooo awesome chapter... finally the last Shickibukai is reaveled.

What part will Jimbei play in this arc... cant wait.

i think jimbei will help ace to get free from there...hoo..there is some kind of link between jimbei and whitebeard...hm.....btw....nice chapter

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back