Full Metal Panic Novels Commin to U.S Stores

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

luigiroxu

-san
Kouhai
At the New York CominCon TokyoPop has announced that they have licensed the Original Full metal panic graphic novels as well as others. Tokyopop will be translating and publishing the Full Metal Panic and Welcome to the NHK novels, as well as Calling You. and a bunch of manga

the article can be found here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention...york-comiccon/2

i cant wait for the novels to reach u.s bookstores, i just hope they dont take too long in translating.

I certainly hope the translations are halfway decent. Del Rey has released a few novels that I've bought and if they hired an editor for one read, the books would be so much better. Tokyopop has released novels before though, right? Anyone read one?

Perhaps Haruhi novels won't be long in following if the anime is popular.

hey guys can somebody give me some info on these novels? PLS PLS
like how many are there is the series finish

QUOTE (ser4 @ Oct 13 2007, 06:40 PM)hey guys can somebody give me some info on these novels? PLS PLS
like how many are there is the series finish

Currently Only the first Novel has been released in english. It's called Full Metal Panic! Fighting Boy meets Girl. I have bought the first novel and it was really good. The comedy you see in the anime is in the novels too. I have also pre-ordered the second novel which will be in stores around christmas. I recommend the novels to any full metal panic fans or anyone looking for a good novel to read.

If your worried about the translations from Japanese to English, you don't need to worry, it is very well done. TokyoPop has done a fabulous job with this series so far, I hope they keep it up.

Yeh I'm excited about the releases but I wish they would bump up their release schedule so that I might finally get to catch up with the latest in the story. Oh and FYI for anyone who doesn't already know: the novels and short stories are the original source for everything FMP, both anime and manga

I've read Fan translated versions of "A Dancing Very Merry Christmas", "Continuing On My Own", and the first half of "Burning One Man Force" which are direct continuations of the story from where TSR anime season left us off.

The action/comedy formula is still there in ADVMC, but by the time we get to COMO and BOMF it almost completely disappears as the series takes a very dark turn. But it's not a bad thing, the action is so intense you are pretty much on the edge of your seat the entire time. The story practically forces you to devour each 200 page novel as fast as you can manage to turn the pages. Characters grow and evolve and almost everything our characters have come to know and love gets put through a literal meat grinder. Gah! I just hope the animation team that worked on TRS picks up ADVMC and COMO and turns it into another 24 episode series, there is so much awesome material I am just dying to see animated.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back