Fav. Video game(s)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Lunariz

-san
Kouhai
Sure there are thousands of games out there ranging from first person shooter
to love sim gamesand everything else in between, but which game would you call your all time favorite? If you can't decide which game you would rank #1 make a list of your favorites instead.

Mine are Halo 1, 2, tetris, DBZ budukai 3 and all of the Metal Gear Solids

Also, when playing a game it's also important to try to keep calm no matter
how many times you die, unlike this guy here.

Crazy Gamer!!!

My altime favourite would be the RPG FinalFantasy VII. Sure, the graphics has become old, but no storyline will ever be better then that of FFVII.

GuildWars, Half-Life 1 and 2, CounterStrike, Super Mario Bros.(NES/SNES), Dragon Warrior(NES), Zelda Series(NES/SNES), FF7...

That guy needs to chill out. Its just a game
dry.gif

roseonline, SSBM (super smash bros melee), guildwars and unreal tournament 2004..

i admit there are times where i do start swearing out loud when gaming...but this guy....LMAO....i lost count how many times he said F**K lol

I like strategy and piloting games best. Right now I'm trying Rome Total War. Its really great!! As for legacy games StarCraft, Falcon, TieFighter, Mario World, Ogre Battles. (those last 2 are SNES games, my childhood console!!)

I do play shooters from times to times. When you feel brain dead, its great! I played a lot of Battlefield 1942.

QUOTE (CRMSON @ Oct 24 2005, 03:02 PM) roseonline, SSBM (super smash bros melee), guildwars and unreal tournament 2004..

i admit there are times where i do start swearing out loud when gaming...but this guy....LMAO....i lost count how many times he said F**K lol
ooooo, we need a fansub.tv clan for GuildWars
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Chiba @ Oct 24 2005, 06:45 PM) ooooo, we need a fansub.tv clan for GuildWars
laugh.gif

if we can get enough ppl then sure...why not?
cool.gif

GuildWars? I think I heard the name.
What is it exactly? A bit like World of Warcraft I belive, right?

QUOTE (Bold @ Oct 24 2005, 07:24 PM) GuildWars? I think I heard the name.
What is it exactly? A bit like World of Warcraft I belive, right?
It is quite different than WoW...although it is also a mmorpg there are many differences ....in guildwars the max lvl is 20 so skill play a major role here rather than relying on high lvls to dominate....the classes are different.....guildwars only offers one race (human)...and i believe guildwars is a game which heavily emphasizes on teamwork....rarely actually never would you ever do a quest by soloing...u would always go with other players or at least with henchmen (computer controlled ppl)..

Mmmm, sound interesting. I'll Take a look at it. Maybe I'l give it a try.

oh an one more thing....in guildwars there is no monthly payment...all u have to do is go out and buy the game
cool.gif

and one down side to guildwars is that once you've completed all the quests and missions...there is nothing much left for u to do other than pvp or gvg (guild vs guild)...actually i would say this game also puts a heavy emphasis on pvp so if u're a fan of that u'll like this game..

Apparently there is a low level cap, though, If I'm not mistaken, though. I'm not a mmorpg fan myself, but my friend showed me his Mesmer, and it was a surprisingly beautiful game.

~ SP

yeh this game does look pretty good...and like i said before...the max lvl is 20 so its skill and not how high your lvl is..

I dunno. To me, the only thing I like about Guildwars over WoW is the fact that it's free. But I'm not much of a fan of MMORPGs either.

I love Kingdom Hearts, CounterStrike, Halo, Symphony of the Night, and fighting games.

I just took a look at their web site. I must say, I'm interested. I might go and get the game some times this week.

Chiba, you might just get some company in there!!
cool.gif

mario - legend of the seven stars
ogre battle 64
harvest moon 64
ffvii (although ffviii was good too)

for the pc - diablo!!!! i played guild wars for a bit, but got bored after a month and a half. i dont think it has much replay value.

I like anything by Ganbarion!
biggrin.gif
They make some really kick ass fighting games, like the Naruto and One Piece one's.
wink.gif

I'd say FFVI, simply because it was the most epic game I've played to date. Awesome (and many) characters, fantastic story, and best of all... BWOOP-BWOOP-BWOOP!

kefka.gif

In no particular order, these games also deserve honorable mention:
  • Viewtiful Joe, based on style points alone;
  • Phantasy Star Online, I'm a huge micromanagement/leveling fiend (this is why I don't play MMORPGs
    tongue.gif
    );
  • Gradius, because it is so ridiculously difficult;
  • The Legend of Zelda, for the fantastic music and epic stories (particularly A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and Ocarina of Time);
  • Dr. Mario, because the music still gets stuck in my head;
  • Pokémon Blue, (admit it, you were addicted);
  • Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, because it was puzzle-solving goodness with plenty of ketchu- err... humor;
  • Pokémon Pinball, because it was simple, yet incredibly addictive;
  • Kingdom Hearts, because it is fairly epic and rife with nostalgia;
  • Soul Calibur, for its fantastic visual style, great characters, and all-around excellence;
  • Marvel vs. Capcom, because of great depth, excellent fighting mechanics, and servbot;
  • Super Smash Brothers, because we all want to know who the most vicious Nintendo Mascot is (Samus); and
  • Mario Kart, red shell'd, bitch!
I'm sure I'm missing a few, and I'm sure you'll all agree... Generally if I mentioned one game, I've played and enjoyed the rest in the series. Oh, and sorry about that last burst of profanity, but I just owned your ass.

~ SP

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back