Reading Manga

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you read manga?

• Yes, love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only in book/hard copy form

• Tried but didn't like reading it off the computer

• Never

• Other

• Total voters

Coolio

-dono
Retired
Me? I've recently read quite a lot of manga (even some manwha) off the computer largely due to it being available via direct download to get my hands on it while I'm at uni
tongue.gif

The first manga I ever tried reading off the computer was Berserk, utterly hated that experience since the file was in pdf format- such a pain the arse scrolling and zooming in on certain lines >_< That put me off getting any manga for a long time.

I finally got back into it though having discovered after watching Hikaru no Go, that I could find out what happens after the series and special ends by reading the manga- so I did. The scans I found were a kinda horrible but at least it wasn't in jpg format
tongue.gif
After Hikaru no Go I went to find other manga's that continued where the anime left off: Slam dunk, Rurouni Kenshin, Love Hina and Flame of Recca.

But manga isn't just good for continuing those types of series, there are other real gems like Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, Ichigo 100%, 20th Century Boys out there that are well worth reading. So go try reading some
cool.gif

I voted other, mainly because I like to read off the computer or from a book, even though i'm not a heavy reader for manga I do read a bit here and there. I do agree that the manga is generally superior (although someone told me the trigun manga was horrendous) in comparison to its anime counterpart in terms of a more well developed story.

I voted other, the jury is still not out whether or not I like reading manga.
I dont really like the Naruto manga, but I do sorta like the Negima manga. I think that when it comes to manga i just prefer non-action oriented.
I have no problems reading from my screen of book.
happy.gif

The only manga i really want to read is Trigun, because it continues the stroy from the end of the Anime (and previous manga), other than that, id rather just watch eps on my PC, or if im travelling on my PSP
tongue.gif

It's pretty easy reading manga given jpg files and a decent viewer. I use comicviewer which let's you read the manga straight from the RAR/Zips files without having to unRAR/unzip them. Simply you using + and - on my keypad to go backwards and forwards through the pages. It's also does well at resizing the pages like in windows picture viewer.

i voted "yes i love it."

coolio, i just read hikaru no go manga. i only have 23 volumes. how many are there? and where does the anime stop?

Chapter 155 should be somewhere in the member selection for the tournement (the stuff shown in the 2004 special-Journey to the North Star Cup) sorry don't remember it exactly, and the volume 23 is the last volume.

I prefer to hold the actual book when reading manga - but failing that a good viewer (as mentioned before) or well tidied files always helps!

Only in page form. There's a certain satisfaction to actually holding a book/manga in your hands and being able to turn the pages in anticipation... That's why I'm not a fan of eBooks, either. Of course, the big problem with that is that you certainly won't get them until they are released in the US.

~ SpacePirate

althou i agree with spacepirate and milogirl about it being so much better having the actual novel/manga in ur hand, some titles are just really hard to come by, and they are not exactly that cheap either. i remembered when i was younger id save ALL my allowance just to be able to afford the VIZ release of Ranma 1/2. i kept it up for 3 years (even got to buy some graphic novels), then my friend introduced me to scanlations ^__^

whether it be on paper or on the computer screen, i got to have my manga ^___^ now im off to get more Bleach and Ichigo 100% scans
laugh.gif

I read some manga.
Bleach and Naruto are 2 manga's I really like. Tenjou Tenge is an interesting manga, and I'm now picking up the Mai-Hime manga.

I usually wont read a manga until I've seen a fair amount of anime episodes, though. It took me a while to break down and read Naruto after some 100 eps.
I love the color inserts scanlators put in. Really awesome stuff!!
biggrin.gif

Can't say I have, I'm pretty happy with my setup- I use comicsviewer to just view the rars/zips. My manga is organised in my files anyway so I don't need the library features and the .manga stuff sounds gimmicky, only a few snoopycool and mangaproject mangas are supported at the moment I think. The whole covers and author info can be found in the normal zip releases anyway normally (Author and ISBN info in a text/credit file).

QUOTE (fizyboy @ Mar 20 2005, 04:48 PM)have you guys ever tried e-manga? if so, what do u think abt it?

http://www.electronicmanga.com/
i've tried using e-manga, but i didn't like the .manga extension. It was hard to find manga supported by this format, and to convert all my zip files into the .manga extension was a big hassle...especially when i already have a manga viewer that doesn't make me have to unzip files.

I didn't really need the library because i organize my manga files on my computer, and the library they had for .rar/.zip files didn't do as good of a job organizing and categorizing.

conclusion: i'm happy with my manga viewer.
biggrin.gif

Ah! I hate eManga. And it hates me. It keeps freezing and going slowly... And publishing every single manga is such a buisiness!

yea it is. =T It takes up a lot of system resources, and i'm since basically really really lazy, publishing feels like too much work.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back