Death Note manga

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

sxsoujiro

-chi
Kouhai
Plot Summary: (from animenewsnetwork)
A shinigami named Ryuuku purposely drops a "Death Note" onto the human world in hopes that he could extract some entertainment from this. A high school student named Yagami Raito is the one who picks up this note and therefore receives the ability to kill anyone by writing down their name and imagining their face while doing so. He decides to use this Death Note to destroy big-name criminals and murderers through heart attacks. As the crime rate falls, the people soon name him "Kira". Thats when the ICPO hires L, the worlds greatest detective, to find out Kira's true identity.

one of the coolest mangas out there! i highly recommend it! although i really wanted the Raito-L rivalry to continue but it's still awesome anyway.
happy.gif

The plot summary there was a bit redundant, but it certainly sounds interesting. Perhaps I'll give it a shot.
smile.gif

~ SP

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ May 23 2005, 09:35 PM) the death of L totally ruined the story....and i hate Kira...
I love the series. L's death makes Kira even more powerful so I think the new rival will just get more interesting.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ May 23 2005, 09:35 PM) the death of L totally ruined the story....and i hate Kira...
but kira is L now.
it's pretty awesome- the twists i mean. it would suck if L died and you wait another week for a new chapter.
but in my case, i read from chapter 1 to 73. so im satisfied.
it's one of my favotrite on going mangas now. cant wait to see what happens next!

i don't know what the story's about, but seems interesting. where to get?

just wondering is this a anime or just a manga souly

QUOTE (andi @ Oct 08 2006, 05:46 AM) is the manga still ongoing? if not, how many are there in the series?
Death Note's done... It's been done for a while, it has 108 chapters I think... I stopped reading it after a while because... well you'll get there, right?

Read about eleven chapters of the manga so far and I've got to say that boy gets way out of hand with that Death Note. But I guess that's to be expected since he was raving about becoming the new god. I'm going to read the rest of the manga as soon as possible. Unfortunately I had to take a time out to study for a test in college and have to edit two essays I had to write. Ugh!! More Death Note, onegai!!
biggrin.gif

I am so glad I bought the manga last week. This story is awesome!!
I love how it challenges your concept of morality!

how do u kill a shinigami? i heard that in the manga Raito killed a shinigami....havent read much...so anyone explain?
thanks
biggrin.gif

How to kill a Shinigami....
You can't really kill a Shinigami, you have to force the Shinigami to commit suicide by getting them to write in their own notebook someone's name in the intention of extending someone else's life. Shinigami's purpose is to shorten the lives of humans, but to intentionally extend someone's life is against their rules and they die because of it. Though it could certainly be possible that breaking any of the Shinigami rules would result in them dying, though that is never addressed in the manga.

On who has the advantage
Well in the manga Light's whole killing of Ray Penber is what tipped L off to Light being Kira. Ray being the second person in the manga to get the information on all the FBI agents and Light being one of two people Ray was tailing during the time of Light experimenting with the Deathnote. However considering that things have changed in the anime, where the information is being sent randomly by the FBI's superior, it's a pretty good question how they expect L to narrow in on Light now. It looks like they plan on extending this part of the story.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back