Nagasarete Airantou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiroyuki

-sama
Retired
Has anyone been reading this manga? The title means something like "Castaway on Blue Orchid Island". It's by Fujishiro Takeshi / Gangan Comics and was originally scanlated by Choco Does It and now by ZG-Fansubs.

It’s a fun ecchi story about a boy who's washed up on an island populated only by girls, the descendents of previous castaways of a 100 years ago, who know nothing of modern technology and are all rather man-starved. The chapters are pretty episodic and the plot doesn't really go anywhere but it's very enjoyable, though new chapters only seem to get scanlated at random intervals. The character designs are very nice though, and the intrigues between the characters and lots of ecchi incidents keep the whole thing rolling.

I recently heard that it has been turned into an anime which will be broadcast in Japan from April.

yeah i'v read like 2 volumes of it so far its alright, i heard about the anime also about a month ago it looked a little interesting so i looked for the manga

I've never thought that this thread would come, lol. There are currently nine volumes, with the tenth volume coming up at 1st of March. So far I've read nine volumes currently (the advantage you get for living in Asia
biggrin.gif
).

Imagine 30 over girls at a "marriage-able" releasing their hidden hormones when they meet Ikuto
ph34r.gif
. Readers reading Airantou would be thinking all the time: This lucky bastard has a harem of 30, comparable to only Negima! And yet he screws up all the time! (correct me if I'm wrong. Still I do not think there are many characters who have a harem of thirty)

Btw, Ikuto spilled more blood than Rena had. Akane has like, more Aegis than you can possibly buy. Some go for male penguins since there no guys previously on the island. One got lost in a forest for three months. There is a Hiyoko-kun that can beat the crap out of almost anyone. Read the manga, if you enjoy the madness.

Wow I had no idea there were 9 volumes already, I've only read 4.
Ikuto is certainly lucky, he had the chance to marry Suzu early on yet the idiot makes her back off..... maybe there wouldn't be much of a story if he'd just settled down with her though, although given the nature of the other girls like Akane I think they'd still be after him hoping for an illicit affair.

It's funny how Ikuto's resolute disbelief in the supernatural stands him in good stead in the face of ghosts and monsters, giving the false impression he's braver than the girls when really he's just more stupid.

Oh, the ghost thingy. That was kind of funny when Ikuto just hit the ghost straight in the head.

I forgot to mention that there was also a guidebook featuring the characters and some other trival stuff.

@Hiroyuki : So you read till the ice mountain part?

I don’t recall anything about an ice mountain, the last stories I read were about the kappa, and Chikage's magic where she switches the animals and humans around.

Well i guess you have not, but its coming your way soon
smile.gif

I've seen the animation for the anime, doesn't seem too top notch, but still acceptable.

Damn this manga was pretty good even tho i got bored at some parts..
But this is a manga worth reading..

I guess now all we need to do is wait for AT to complete all 10 volumes..

Has anyone found the latest 10th volume of this manga ?? if yes then where can i find it ! im speaking about RAW

@ zibix : I guess you should have given up by now. If not, tell me.
laugh.gif

Lol why is nobody posting in this thread when so many of us are reading the manga?
blink.gif

I've finished reading volume 10. Comes with a limited edition figurine of MeiMei.
4 figurines now. 6 more to go?
Pretty mad arc, everything is quite fast paced. And yeah something funny which is spoilerific - Kappas can generate electricity
laugh.gif

When the time where Ikuto gets to leave the island comes, it'll be the climax of the story, which I think will happen. 2 choices : Leave or stay there. Which is, have a harem ending or have a siscon ending
ph34r.gif

Anyway this month's Gangan Airantou cover page is too sweet. So sweet that I have posted it and I've got a toothache from it.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/914/air...nganjulyca3.jpg ^^

I don't post here because I usually just compare and contrast the anime and manga over in the anime thread. Plus FTV's manga section is kinda dead most of the time.
laugh.gif

What I want to know is where are the scanlations. At-T has only scanlated the first 4 volumes and I don't think they have translated anything since this past winter. I don't have the benefit of knowing Japanese so reading Volume 10 is a looooong way off for me.
sad.gif

QUOTE (smokie @ Jun 15 2007, 05:19 AM)I don't post here because I usually just compare and contrast the anime and manga over in the anime thread. Plus FTV's manga section is kinda dead most of the time. 

What I want to know is where are the scanlations. At-T has only scanlated the first 4 volumes and I don't think they have translated anything since this past winter. I don't have the benefit of knowing Japanese so reading Volume 10 is a looooong way off for me.

Oh...ok.
laugh.gif
Maybe you'll like to at least discuss volume four of the manga here? I'll try and find what At-T has been doing.

QUOTE (hideto @ Jun 14 2007, 07:44 PM)
Oh...ok.
laugh.gif
Maybe you'll like to at least discuss volume four of the manga here? I'll try and find what At-T has been doing.
I just checked. They have realeased a few things just no Nagasarete Airantou.

Oh smokie-san so you've checked it out. Then this is for those who hadn't.
laugh.gif

Its still ongoing, they are still doing it. IRC chan states ch24 released. While at the forums page :

Volume 1: Released
Volume 2: Released
Volume 3: Released
Poster book: Released
Volume 4: Zipping up
Volume 5: Ongoing
Chapter 25: Editing
Chapter 25.5: Translated
Chapter 26: Translating

hi i'm pretty new to just finished wacthing episode 11 and now i wanna start reading the manga so as to compare and contrast them. so far its up to chapter 24 is what i'm hearing so ware do i get it? and does anyone even slightly have an idea as to how long a wait i will be looking at between chapters?

QUOTE (Druid Lord @ Jun 25 2007, 11:48 AM) hi i'm pretty new to just finished wacthing episode 11 and now i wanna start reading the manga so as to compare and contrast them. so far its up to chapter 24 is what i'm hearing so ware do i get it? and does anyone even slightly have an idea as to how long a wait i will be looking at between chapters?
It takes time to scanlate. I wouldn't worry about it. Just read it comrade I doubt you will regret it.

hey does anyone know the site where i can read the manga scans for Nagasarete Airantou plz! give me the site :D

QUOTE (toniaps @ Sep 18 2007, 01:18 PM) do you know where i can read the manga without download it???
No. To my knowledge there is no place that has scans of the manga up for online viewing. I assume you only ask this because you have a dial up internet connection or are away at school and can't download things. Because those would be the only good reasons to not want to download it since downloads are easily found for the series.

I have all the chpaters up to 24. Which i beleive is where it has stopped for now. Just waiting on the scanlations for the next few chapters.
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back