Beelzebub

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
[No Image as of Yet]

Title: Beelzebub
Categories: Comedy
Author: Ryuuhei Tamura
Artist: Ryuuhei Tamura
Serialised in: Weekly Shounen Jump
Serialised from: Feburuary to present

Synopsis:
A strong delinquent from a school (a teenager named Oga), accidently finds a baby which quickly becomes attached to him. The Oga finds out that this baby is the son of the Devil King. Then Oga is charged with raising the future Devil King until he is old enough to destroy mankind.

This manga has recenlty been serialised in WSJ. It also won the 4th Gold Future Cup (Bakuman anyone?) when it ran as a one-shot.

Ive been waiting for it subs for a few weeks or so. The story is bizzare but at the same time likeable. The comedy, is well imo simple yet effective. There are only 6 chapters but i really do think its a great laugh. (Why its in my top 5 atm). Plus if that is what a Devil King is meant to be, id be in stiches, just sitting on a chair playing a game, shouting combos haha. And for those of you who need your Manga to have art that stands out or something similar, well there isnt anything that makes you go wow, but the facial expressions are great and very well drawn and really do get the point across
smile.gif

I recommend anyone to give it a try
smile.gif

BTW: Hildegarde is sexy
smile.gif

I just started to read this manga, because Hia recommended it (and he knows good manga
smile.gif
)
I loved it right away. It's interesting to see a delinquent as the hero of the story, and he has a really funny attitude which makes it fun to read. I think the baby is cute too, I was laughing so hard when Oga's family were commenting that he looks like his "father" lol Hilde the maid is a badass too, she lives only to protect the young master... but I think as the story goes on she will become attached to Oga as well

Just read chapter 11.

ZOMG I LOVE THIS MANGA.

It's right there on the top 5 manga out there, IMO. It's as good as Bakuman when it was starting. And it seems the story can go on for a long time if the manga keeps going the way it is.

Man, i don't know why Oga hasn't hit on Hilde... Especially after she enters his family.
biggrin.gif

I'm currently enjoying 3 mangas which are Bakuman, Psyren and now Beelzebub.

And to all those who like Yankee-kun to Megane-chan/Psyren/Bakuman i think you will enjoy this manga.

Dunno why no-one is discussing this.

Just read Chapter 19....

This is the best manga out right now. Hands down. I know Bakuman was good, but this is just something else. I highly suggest everyone who hasn't read this yet to read it.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Jul 04 2009, 04:57 AM) Just read Chapter 19....

This is the best manga out right now. Hands down. I know Bakuman was good, but this is just something else. I highly suggest everyone who hasn't read this yet to read it.
Nah that chapter DIDNT beat Bakumans, yeah it was good, but Bakuman was better.

How can Beelzebub beat 'MEANWHILE IM PISSING BLOOD'?

But yeah this chapter was good, although Oga is now annoyed at MK5 trying to take advantage like that, im guessing that Mark will grow even more now
biggrin.gif

Yay another person on the Beelzebub bandwagon.

It is a good manga, the characters are hilaariious and all seem likable (which i weird). Plus the art is smooth. But i do think its an aquired humour though.

But i hope you enjoy reading it.

I agree with you, the characters are pretty likable, but no one really stands out. Except for Lamia, and that's only because she looks soooo much like Rita Mordio.

The whole manga is' pretty hilarious. When both demons introduce themselves to the family. Specially when the Teleporting guy goes all like "Oh when you were inside me" You see the guys family all liike "WTF?!"

This is pretty good, and since it's on the jump we get weekly updates. Right now I say ot's under One Piece and Reborn, but definitely over Naruto and Bleach, well leagues above them. I don't know about the other Jump series, but among the top 5. It just overkills Naruto and Bleach.

QUOTE (Repede @ Oct 28 2009, 12:09 AM) I agree with you, the characters are pretty likable, but no one really stands out. Except for Lamia, and that's only because she looks soooo much like Rita Mordio.

The whole manga is' pretty hilarious. When both demons introduce themselves to the family. Specially when the Teleporting guy goes all like "Oh when you were inside me" You see the guys family all liike "WTF?!"

This is pretty good, and since it's on the jump we get weekly updates. Right now I say ot's under One Piece and Reborn, but definitely over Naruto and Bleach, well leagues above them. I don't know about the other Jump series, but among the top 5. It just overkills Naruto and Bleach.
Yeah it is one of the best new series, along with Gamaran and Gamble Fish(Even though it's old, just been recently scanlated).

Beelzebub, Gamaran and Gamble Fish all have that feeling of wanting to read the next chapter, like Bakuman did when it came out.

You don't really find many of those kind of Manga, that you just can't stop reading.

I'm thinking of reading this......its got quite a lot of attention recently at places where I check for manga.

lol thread was a graveyard for 11 months!

Don't really know who Rita Mordio is but they do look similar.

But i really do hope alot of people are reading and liking beelzebub because it's easily better than naruto and bleach.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Nov 27 2010, 07:54 AM)

But i really do hope alot of people are reading and liking beelzebub because it's easily better than naruto and bleach.
I read it, and i know a few people read it, and it does alright in the rankings each week, usualy nothing spectacular but its preety solid. And the forthcoming anime will onlt serve to help its popularity.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE Don't really know who Rita Mordio is but they do look similar.

BBBRRRRRRROOOOOOOO

Rita Mordio is from tales of Vesperia, where Repede is as well.

Anyhow, I agree. Beelzebub is a great manga and hopefully the anime will do justice.

I gotta say, I laughted really hard when they couldn't remember Baby Beel's full name, or when his brother appeared.

LOLLOLLOLROFL!!!!
Enou was living next door to Himekawa.... Oh... That is classic. And i love the flirting between Lamia and Enou.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back