Bioshock Infinite

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

truth2belief

-dono
MATV Subs
Now I had this game since release but haven't gotten around to playing the game until now. I had to play Bioshock and Bioshock 2 first (Not really, but just like how I watch every anime from episode 1 season 1 regardless of if it being a spin-off or sequel). I heard of people and their issues with Bioshock and Bioshock 2 DRMs and what not. yes. They are an issue, but Bioshock 1 has that DRM gone, I believe, and Bioshock 2 you just need to update to patch 1.5, although GFWL is a different problematic issue if you want to play multiplayer or the DLCs. Just want to say, other than the DRM issues, the games are wonderful. It's like going back to the age of SNES to PSone games where story was more important, even though this game is modern. Cause everyone knows that modern games are all about fancy shiny graphics.

I was alway reluctant to pick up Bioshock before, until it got recommended. And so I marathoned the first and second game to get to this game once it got released. Anyways, I've only had 10 minutes to play this game and then I had work but it was a wonderful 10 minutes of beautiful graphics and already captivating and puzzling story so far. I'm looking forward to how every says the female character that you interact with is the most deep character in any video game. And I'm wondering how everyone else feels or thinks about this game. I know I'm going to go straight to a gaming madness when my work shift is over here today.

I think the game is very mediocre and overrated. The shooting mechanics are what you would expect from any FPS. Gameplay is only variated a bit by the vigors. Take in mind though that I do not like FPS to begin with so maybe that is my bias.

I heard many people say they played the game for the story. For me, as someone that watches Doctor Who and reads stories like DC's crisis on two earths, I found the story to be very predictable. Again saying this, I can understand why long time series fans will appreciate the story.

The excellent thing I will say about the game is the setting of Columbia which was beautiful and strangely compelling. Other than that though, I didnt have much affinity for the game.

Yeah, so far, I've been finding the game very frustrating. Unlike other games where you can't see the enemy cause it's too dark, you can't see the enemy here cause they're too bright and its half open-worldness isn't much of an exploration. Story is pretty predictable so far.

But Elizabeth is awesome, regardless. I like the little things she does. It's like the dog that follows you in Fable, except she's much more complicated and she unlocks treasures for you instead of digging where the dog points. How she points out the small details of the game and interacts with the background is awesome. It's the reason why Duke Nukem failed - they did the opposite and forced you to see every little thing and saying. Whereas Bioshock infinite lets you find them yourself. It's the gift of exploration that makes Bioshock Infinite wonderful.

I was hoping for more puzzles but I'm only a third of the game through. The game is mediocre so far, yes. But I'll finish what I started, happily.

EDIT: the most annoying thing for me right now is that there is no quicksave or save feature. It's a pain redoing everything or waiting for the next checkpoint every time I want to quit the game. And since I have an SSD, the save warning is so short that I miss it 90% of the time so I have to continue til' I do see it save.

So, after having spent the last month playing over and beating all the Bioshock games, I have now completed the series. Slightly expected, but still largely surprising. Should you ever play Bioshock, you should play the game for its story. I'm largely fascinated by this game because its story element is something you don't see in games anymore. Just like how I love this anime year, 2013. It feels like 2008 to 2012 was filled with nothing but ecchi. And now I feel like the anime world is reverting to a more sensible, story driven anime world. I loved Bioshock Infinite's puzzle elements, however severely lacking it is. I wish there were more Vox Populi Secrets to decode and find. and I wish they were as puzzling as the first one where you have to find the hat stand.

The bad parts of the game is its autosave system, the lack of ammo, the brightness and inability to see enemies clearly. Although I might be biased on the seeing enemies clearly as I've been playing Blacklight: Retribution a lot. I still love the game cause Elizabeth is an amazing character cause of her depth. I love this games attention to details. Like the Lutece twins and their talk about probabilities and alternate worlds. How comedic yet very relevant talks are. And things like how Elizabeths bird/cage necklace you choose for her changes at the end. Elizabeth's comments on the statue on the counter of the shop, backgrounds, items, etc.

And for those that beat games on the hardest difficulty only, like me, I recommend that you use:
the winter shield you get at the last 3rd of the game and jump on and off rails. Each area has a safe location (you spawn there if you die) so find that if you're in a pinch and shoot them off slowly. And shield seems the most important, in my opinion.

I haven't had a chance to play Infinite yet but I personally loved the first game and the second game was decent but not as engrossing as the first game in terms of story, and I've always loved the audio-logs in both games though, however, they're not as good as the audio-logs you find in Halo 3: ODST though.

I think I beat the first game in like 7 hours and it's around the same time length for BioShock 2 as well....what's the time it took you guys to beat Infinite?

I've heard many different reactions to the game but I'm still looking forward to being able to play it soon, will buy it as soon as my finals finish.
rolleyes.gif

The audio logs are the same as you'd find in bioshock 1 and 2.

It took me 20 hours to beat Bioshock and 17 hours to beat Bioshock 2. I don't know if it's cause of the difficulty level I played it at or because my need to get every secret in the game. I also beat Bioshock Infinite in 17 hours. The story is most engrossing at the end of Bioshock Infinite. Up until then, Elizabeth is the most engrossing element as she's got a lot of character. The ending did make me a bit sad, though.

The game is too short and I'm hoping for DLCs, but at least the game is beautiful.

Truth2belief, I got all the achievements for the first BioShock game in one playthrough took me 7 hours, I did the game on hard and I found all the audio logs and easter eggs...hence I got all the achievements in one go. The games are incredibly short but very satisfying. For BioShock 2, I just did the game on Normal and got all the collectibles and miscellanous achievements about the same time frame of 7 to 8 hours. In both playthroughs for BioShock 1 and 2, I saved all the Little Sisters in the game and never killed any of them but instead protected them whenever they collected Adam.

I think the reason I finished the games so fast is that I'm pretty good at FPS games in general. However, when I play Infinite, I shall be trying my utter best to prolong the experience as much as possible.

Finished this a few days ago and got to say - this game is worth every bit of praise it has got. Possibly one of the best storylines and character development in a video game ever, rivaling even some of my most favorite books.

Ah I just bought this game yesterday for $47 and I'm glad I did! It'll probably be cheaper in the future but I think $47 is a pretty good price for this game! It's solid, engaging and the NPCs are quite funny sometimes. Also, I think I'm loving the single player aspect of this game - I've been playing too many multiplayer/online FPS and it was getting a little boring (basic mechanics is always - team up, shoot things get to the checkpoint without dying)
I was playing it for a little bit last night and I think I sold my brother for this game lol - fingers crossed for Steam Summer sales!

Finished Burial At Sea Episode 2 few hours ago.

Elizabeth is officially amongst the best and most complex fictional characters written in last decade. Its interesting how Infinite could be viewed as "birth of a god" while Burial At Sea is essentially all about "death of a god".

Love the fact that they explained how she perceives the world post-her-power-up in the end of Infinite and the twist that she came on this journey seeking death was perfect. After all - someone who is completely omniscient, won't find happiness even in reality she created(jaw's still on the floor from her casual reveal that the halucination at the start of ep2 was based off the world she created for herself and stayed in in between Infinite and Burial At Sea Ep 1) - it was her paradise, but it did not bring her peace.

So in the end she went on the journey to punish and destroy the last parts of her old life - the last Comstock that escaped. And the last Elizabeth - herself.

Also love that while end is DEPRESSING AS FUCK, it is sort-of-happy for her - even though her actions will kill thousands of people(and already did with baptism event), she did die knowing that both city in the sky and city in the sea will end up falling due to her actions.

She started as a stereotype of Belle from Disney's Beauty and The Beast - the innocent guarded girl who loves books and believes in good trumphing. Through Infinite we saw everything she believed in get shattered and the end result was a vengeful omniscient god who is unable to find happiness of herself. Someone due to whom thousands of lives were lost, cities fell and horrors were unleashed. And at the same time, thanks to her there's hope in the world for better things and two entirely different dystopian futures are prevented with hope of new beginnings.

In the end, though, Elizabeth ended up being the true hero of not only Bioshock Infinite, but also of original Bioshock too. And possibly of Bioshock 2 if Eleanor Lamb is amongst the little sisters during her death.

I was torn on the ending for a while, just like with Infinite's ending, but it fits and it elevates Elizabeth to new heights as one of my alltime favorite characters.

All in all a perfect closing chapter to a brilliant franchise.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back