Gimp help?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
i've been using gimp for a bit. not an advanced user at all but atleast i know how to use some of the features if not most of the features.
Just let me know what you need help with.

In a way anything and everything
smile.gif

Then can u please show me how to use GIMP for creating sigs or tuts cause i don't have a photoshop....

I'm a "newb" when it comes to editing ;o; These tutorials are good for GIMP2 as well, correct?

Anyway, the only thing I know how to do on GIMP2 is changing the color of an image. I do this by using the "Paths Tool" to select the area I want to color, and then on the Image, I hit Colors > Colorize. I finalize my work by clicking "Okay" and then upload it into photobucket
tongue.gif

However, the "Paths Tool" is the only tool I know how to use T.T Everything else is confusing, and I've only had GIMP2 for such a short period. I want to learn how to change the background of an image. And it would be nice if someone told me me what layers are for o_0 Please respond asap
happy.gif

cohpro: Here's How to make a SIGNATURE using GIMP. There's also the Advanced signature tutorial for gimp users . If you prefer a video then there's Gimp tutorial- Making your first signature.

AxleNox: Here are some GIMP 2 Video Demos and How to change the background of an image.

QUOTE Layers are one of the most useful features available with Gimp. Layers make your image infinitely manipulable. They do so by separating elements of your image into separate sheets, each of which can be altered and stacked on top of one another. This way, when you select part of the image to move, you aren't moving the entire image, just the part that's on that layer. (Source: NWE Help: Graphics: Gimp: Layers)

Other useful sites that can teach you how to use GIMP are:
GIMP Tutorials
GIMP User Group (GUG) Tutorials
GIMP Tutorials - Learning The GIMP

Many thanks to Nahrallah whom helped alot. Another advice to using gimp would be to try to use your trusty friend "Google". If you are unsure about a part of gimp for example "Greyscale" just type in "Greyscale GIMP" and the answer would show itself.....

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back