Layers in general

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Inoji

-san
Kouhai
I'm new to learning about
biggrin.gif
layers. The explanation I saw so far doesn't help at all. x _ x. I really don't have photoshop but I have something called Pixia. Are the functions of layering the same in the two? If so, it would be appreciated if someone can help me understand layers.
biggrin.gif
How do you get your colors to show up for the layers with the overlay function. Also, has anyone ever used Pixia before and do you understand how to do layers on there? Can someone help me out? The official site for Pixia's tutorial is only version 1.7 I believe, and the latest version is 4.4?

Layers can mean different things like for photoshop layer is like a new sheet of paper you draw on over or under the one you aready did(depending on your order of the layer it will be on top or under the other one). Layering when you drawing a real picture is like when you use real colors you use a color over a color to build the color up (dont know how to say it lol). Well for Pixia i dont know how that work but it might be the same.

Layering on a real easel is called blending. You blend the colors together by overlapping and overlaying. Layering, via CG, is great because it allows you to pull out certain things, i.e. hair, eyes, skin, clothing, and handle them all by themselves. It also helps to make things more 3d even though they are 2d because you can do things like select what you what in front and clean up all the stuff that should be going behind it.

Since he said photoshop, im guessing layerin as in new sheet of paper.

Well if thats the cast, then Layers are easy, thy arent so complicated once you get to know them ^^.

So layer acts diferently depending on what mode you use(not sure about pixia) but, im Gimp its the same as Photoshop.

-The normal mode wont blend with the bottom layer.
-Multiply blends with the bottom layers

but thats the 2 i pretty much use. i havent got the chance to use the other modes, but if you want to lets say, CG, the Multiply is the only mode youll need.
hope that help =D

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back