Cyber Screen SIG TUT

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

GERBER

-san
Kouhai
This is my first TUT, made a bit to big in size so i can explain a bit more better(it's also newb friendly, it's got some shortcut keys to CS3). I used CS3 extended since it's the one i got now(don't know if most of the filters work for the older version). after your done understanding what i did, be creative and do different steps(Add your flavor to your SIG). Just don't leave out the "Tiles" filter, latez...

P.S. If yha wanna show of your results, go ahead and put them in here

Cyber Scree TUT V2 is here, clearer steps and Exp Pix

Step 1

Step 2

Extra Step

Here is an example of what you can do with this UT, ENJOY mina...
HaruhiDRSIG1.jpg

Nice tut, but a few suggestions for improvement:
1) Use proper english instead of 'net lingo'. It's hard to read and understand when you use a lot of odd words (for example, don't use "till U get what you like." - instead use "Until you get what you like". Same thing goes for all the times you used "N" instead of "and".
2) Check your spelling, punctuation and grammar. You need spaces before all your parenthesis, and if the sentence continues after the end of the parenthesis (like this) then you need to put a space after. Good spelling makes it much easier to read and understand. Good grammar has the same affect.
3) Check your capitalizations! ONLY capitalize the first word in a sentence, unless the word is a proper noun or needs special enunciation (such as capitalizing all of 'only' in order to enunciate the fact that you should only capitalize words that need to be as opposed to words that shouldn't). This will - again - make the tut easier to read and understand; especially for those people who prefer to skim through the tut to catch neat/interesting ideas rather than read the whole thing.
4) Make the tut one big image, not 3 images broken up.

Anyway, suggestions aside, I found the tut interesting, and think it can be put to good use. I especially like the ideas in the "Extra Step" - and think I will probably try to make a sig that uses perspective like that sometime in the near future...

Thanx will be really carefull next time, it's a good tut but i knew there where some things wrong with it. tried my best to explain, a better version of the example pic will be up when i have the time, latez... and thanx senpai for the advice.

-EDIT-
Forgot that i didn't mention. i don't have a premium account on photo bucket and image shack is not that good compared to some tuts i tried to view but only got to see the beginning then it just didn't show the rest, that's why it's the way it is. Mha Bad...
blink.gif

Hmm, it seems like a good tutorial, especially with the perpectives. The one thing that I don't like really is the tiles filter because of the offsets mixed in with the black borders around the tiles. It just makes the tiles look like parts of an image that makes an image when put together, and doesn't really look like a "screen" in my opinion. If I'd try out your tutorial, I'd probably make an illumination. I'll have my sig explain it once I make one. The haruhi one is good because it doesn't have much offset to it.

well it seems like a good tutorial but im a newbie and i couldnt follow it most of the time i got to the second part where you have the tiled image and then you go to put on the full image on top and thats where it all went pear shaped for me. i just couldnt understand what to do next so if you could please give some better instrucions and maybe a few more diagrammes of each of the parts since there anre lots of layers needed within the tutorial that are confusing.

i dont ususally give up but i spent abotu an hour trying to correct that one bit so maybe ill try again sometime if you give me easier instructions

thanks. nice tutorial.

hama, the point was to make a distoreted Screen, you don't have to fallow everything i said after the TUT was finished and glad you liked it though. Hope to see your creation someother time.

to shinigamii, i send you this... but i put it here just incase some people get confused on the TUT...

The TUT is i guess confusing a bit(Mha Bad i tried to do it as clear and good). Just think of this as a short help(will make a better one later since this is not good enaugh)...

The extra file Should have the same sig size(the reason was that when i first did the "Lens Correction" Filter it had some parts of the other renders i didn't want. Plus the size(file size not image) of the sig was to big when i finished w/out the extra steps.) I recomend you do the Motion Blured, Glass, And mergin on this file.[use canvas or frost Texture, mess with settings until you like what you see] set the glass Layer to aither "Lighten - Soft Light"(as long as it's not to bright or to dark) Mode on top of the Motion Blur Layer.

1st layer-_EDIT_ which should be a Motion Blured Glass filter.

2nd Layer- Should be the Render you put to the far right or left of the sig, then it should be set to over lay, or any other setting where it looks good for you.

3rd Layer- Should be the Copy of the Motion Blured Glass with the Tiles screen filter(Mess with the # of tiles N the off set, undo the filter and use it on this Layer until you like what you see). [optional] Duplicate this layer And give it a guassian blur at 4.5 pix and set it to screen, lighten soft ligh or any other setting. Until you like what you see(Don't make it more than 30 tiles, cause it will make the picture not so good if yha do)...

4th Layer- Should be the photo filter on Normal with 19% oppacity(you can add another filter if you like to get a different feel to the screen)

5th Layer- Should be the render Re-sized to fit the SIG anyway that will look good for you. Then add a shadow after you have done the last step.

6th Layer(Last Step)- Should Have the render filtered with a gaussian Blure at 4.5 Pix set to Soft Light(Mess with the opacity till it's not to dark[if it looks to dark] or you like what you see. Forgot to mention this on the TUT)

Hope this was of some help, will try to re-make the TUT and put a better version of it someother time. So hope you like it, Oh yhea as mentioned on the top post of the TUT. All you have to remember to use well is the "Tiles" filter. Then your on your own to experiment, latez... Version 2 coming soon

hey just wanted to show you the sig i eventually managed to create but one thing you should probably mention for the future is that the image must have no background or it wont look right.

Myself personally i found out how to do take the image from the background with out any hastle but its up to GERBER to tel people how to do that since im not used ot al the techniques of photoshop yet.

heres the sig i managed to create

open for improvement if anyone can find something.

thanks very nice tutorial learned alot form it

Nice tutorial, but you need a tutorial on how to create a tutorial. No offense, it is a good tut for your first time
wink.gif
. But like said before, use better grammar, also try to get the example screenshots of the signature at 100% and place those image's under each step.

Anyways after tweaking your tut a bit, and me haven't used photoshop for a while now is this my quick result:

bomberman.jpg

This was pointed out by shinigammi- you should possably include a bit about if your render has a background you should take the magic eraser tool and click on all the bits you dont want but then you have to zoom close in and go round the edges of your render now iwth the history brush i found is best not to go above 5px usually 1,2,or 3px will do. (or ask one of the mods to render it for you also)

but thanks i learned alot from your tutorial and hope to see a few more tutorials by you since you seem to know what your doing.

AWSOME OUT COMES peeps, like what i see...
shinigamii your a natural, you got tallent...

D-O-R, that is the reason Version 2 will be up, clearer steps and better examples of the steps but it won't have the extra step(too busy, will take me a while to get it up), latez...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back