.hack//Roots

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

hamasusuke

-aniue
Retired
vlcsnap1604340ib.png

First episode came out, subbed by animesource. Altogether, it has the opening scene similar to .hack//Dusk (or Legend of the Twilight Braclet), where a new player, named Haseo, was introduced to "The World" by his friend, who said that the World was fun. His first encounter, however, was some PKers (Player-killers) and was saved by Ovan, the guild master of Twilight Brigade.

Overall, the graphics and voices are above average. I'm not actually recoomending that you watch it, but if you're interested in the .hack// series, go ahead!.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Apr 11 2006, 11:31 PM) the graphics and voices are above average.
i will definitely watch this o_O - seems like the subbed version finishes before the raw one
biggrin.gif
- sounds good to me
cool.gif

It's only the first episode that's out. I'm not sure if it is better. However, the series does take place after the other .hack series (following .hack//dusk). Check it out for yourself. Has an interesting story thus far.

QUOTE (Yohen @ Apr 11 2006, 06:43 PM) Is this anime better than the other .hack series?
I only saw hack//Sign so far, and it was rather good. A bit of a rushed ending, but apart from that, it was good.

I still got Hack//twiligth on my list. Did not yet have time to watch it.

I am always carefull not to judge a series on a single screenshot, but this screen shot is not very tempting. It seems to be lacking the texture richness I came to expect from a hack// series.

just watch the first ep then Bold^^

hmm didn't watch all eps of //sign yet...and i read the manga //legend of twilight
is that enough to understand what's going on in //roots?
biggrin.gif

...and yohen...i haven't seen it...but i think i wouldn't recommend it if you didn't like the previous ones
huh.gif

you mean the girl with the big hat? yeah i thought so as well.

QUOTE (smilelolz @ Apr 11 2006, 08:51 PM) first ep was ok. not much action. ED song sounds exactly like the Rozen Maiden OP. actually i wouldnt be surprised if they were the same singer.

yup i like that soundtrack too, it's kinda like religius song i think......
tongue.gif

correct me if i'm wrong....
smile.gif

If you guys are wondering about the song titles, the Opening theme is called "Silly-Go-Round" by FictionJunction Yuuka and the Ending theme is Boukoku Kakusei Cartarsis by Ali Project. It's not out yet, so you gotta wait untill the TV and Full version of the songs come out.

I've seen Sign, Liminality, but couldn't bear with those kids in Dusk.
I must say that the music in Roots is a big disappointment for me, as Sign was known for its incredible music by Yuuki Kajiura. Still I wonder how the plot will evolve.

Remember, the series is practically based of .hack//dusk, and dusk is based off liminality, and liminality is based off sign. The point is, the producers want us to know that this "game" is evolving, so players can get more off it. just keep watching.

and the song isn't that disappointing. it's actually telling a piece of the story, if you read the lyrics in english.

wow best dot hack so far I liked the graphics and I actully got cught by the story so far I hope this anime will end up better than .hack sing
biggrin.gif

I meant the music throughout the anime.
Really ... SIGN and Liminality are aeons further away from Roots if it comes to music.

Another note is: AnimeSource has very tiny subtitles, but the video and audio quality are very high.

QUOTE (geracen @ Apr 13 2006, 02:36 AM) I meant the music throughout the anime.
Really ... SIGN and Liminality are aeons further away from Roots if it comes to music.

Another note is: AnimeSource has very tiny subtitles, but the video and audio quality are very high.
true the subs are to small I had a hard time reading them I hope they change the size
dry.gif

If you guys are wondering about the song titles, the Opening theme is called "Silly-Go-Round" by FictionJunction Yuuka and the Ending theme is Boukoku Kakusei Cartarsis by Ali Project. It's not out yet, so you gotta wait untill the TV and Full version of the songs come out.

it's not out yet, but it will be.

Episode 2 of .hack//Roots is out by LuPerry.com... I don't think they're a usual subbing group however. I'll check it out, if you guys prefer another fansub.

Have anyone check it out yet? If you did, mind giving your opinion about it? Overall I think it's going to be a great series just like the others .Hack's series, so addictive. =]

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back