Spring Season 2015 Line-Up & predictions

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
(OVAs/films coming soon)
- my must see: 1. Ghost in the Shell Arise TV (if it's as good as its tetralogy)^^
2. Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works 2 (the S2 i'm looking forward most) ;p
- hopefully better than previous season: 3. Knights of Sidonia Battle for Planet 9
4. Yahari, Ore no Seishun LoveCome wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (looking great) o.0
- could be good telling by the studio: 5. Lupin III (by TMS like its new movie) :0
6. Yamada-kun no 7-nin no Majo (by Liden films, its OVA and dorama are ok) ;/
7. Kyoukai no Rinne (will Brain's Base improve Rumiko Takahashi's design?) ¬¬
- not expecting much: 8. Robot Girls Z+ (hope it'll be back as a weekly show) ;(
9. Houkago no Pleiades (Gainax didn't really convince me with its mini OVAs)
sleep.gif

So much interesting stuff, forget walls i could write up a house with the stuff i want to comment about the things im seeing here.

The 3 that caught my eye the most were Gunslinger Stratos (never heard of it and it sounds interesting, plus im a fan of alternate universe/futures settings) DanMachi (because i've asked myself the title question time and time again, a friend of mine met his wife in an online game so i've always thought that was the coolest way of meeting someone lol), and lastly Digimon Adventure Tri (original cast? awesome! that should be worth reliving the digimon experience).

There's so much to comment on but i dont want to make a wall longer than Ryuu's post. Everything caught my attention lol, obviously i didnt miss nagato's arc being animated xD, nor all the popular second seasons or first seasons, but too much to write about, ill just say this....

Its going to be a busy season x_xU

Right off the bat I noticed two series. One is the second season for UBW and the other the Yuki Nagato series that needed to be animated ever since I was reading the manga there.
tongue.gif

Oh and Nisekoi is continuing, so that's a good sign to since I liked that series as well.... and a second season of My Tenage SNAFU as well? Man this might be a good season for second seasons and up. I only say that since the third season of Highschool DxD is a given for me to watch of course.
laugh.gif

Well in any case other than that I might end up doing a few anime pickups as usual, but for now I have to wonder what other animes will be announced here now.

New Arslan Senki Anime? We met in a dungeon getting an anime? Shokugeki no Soma getting an anime? Denpa Kyoushi finally getting an anime? More Fate, Nisekoi, and Teenage Snafu?
blink.gif

*reaches over to and hits "Fastforward" on winter*

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Satelight is doing the Yuki Nagano anime and NOT Kyoto Animation? This just feels SO WRONG.
mad.gif

Anyway at least this spring is actually something good to look forward to.

Will Watch (so far):
Unlimited Blade Works part 2
Highschool DxD BorN
Knights of Sidonia season 2
Lupin III
Nagano Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Sound Euphonium

Might watch:
Kuusen Madoushi

I will give several others the 3 episode rule just to see if anything else is good. I will update my list the the better list comes out with the OVAs and movies listed as well.

Update becasue the updated listing has been posted.

Will also watch:
Blade Dance OVA 2
Chaika OVA!
Highschool DxD OVA 2
Trinity Seven OVA
Prisma Illya 2wei OVA
Suisei no Gargantia OVA 2
Sidonia the Movie
Kyoukai no Kanata the Movies 1 and 2
Strike Witches OVA 3

Spring is gonna be busy!

Version 2.0
0. Saint Seiya Ougon no Tamashi (not Omega or Legend of Sanctuary please) :/
- OVA/film/specials high to low expectation: 1. Hitsugi no Chaika OVA (yeah) ;D
2. Shingeki no Kyojin Gaiden: Kuinaki Sentaku 2 (final OVA of Levi's spinoff) ^^
3. Gekijo-ban Sidonia no Kishi (will this movie be the link beween S1 and 2?) -.-
4. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! OVA (no special but a brand new story) ;p
5. Suisei no Gargantia -Meguru Kouro, Haruka- 2 (end of the entire series?) ><'
6. Dragon Ball Z Fukkatsu no F (hopefully better than Battle of Gods movie)
dry.gif

Huh, Seraph of the End also made it in there, that's a surprise.

Am I the only person excited about the new Arislan Senki anime?

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Mar 30 2015, 04:01 PM) actually i only saw PVs of 2 Arslan movies and 4 OVAs back from 1991 to 1995, but to not spoil myself i'll try that TV remake first (the novels started in 1986)
ohmy.gif

Arslan Senki was one of my earliest animes, I fondly recall watching the OVAs on VHS when I rented it from the local Blockbuster Video one week in 97 or so. I picked up DVDs for it some years back, always wished the adaptations would have gone farther into the story.

The original OVAs actually changed a few things in the adaptation, but the original books and the old shoujo manga adaptation have remained sadly language locked. When the new manga adaptation by Hirota popped up on some of the translation sites I was honestly pretty excited, because I expect to actually get to see the story's ending this time around.
biggrin.gif

My Spring pick:

Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken Season 2
Etotama
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 2
Nisekoi Season 2
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Denpa Kyoshi
Seraph of the End
Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen)
Plastic Memories

I can already tell that 4/5 of these will fall off my list.. But it never hurts to give them 2 episodes to try.

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Jan 31 2015, 01:06 PM) Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Satelight is doing the Yuki Nagano anime and NOT Kyoto Animation? This just feels SO WRONG.
mad.gif

Anyway at least this spring is actually something good to look forward to.

Will Watch (so far):
Unlimited Blade Works part 2
Highschool DxD BorN
Knights of Sidonia season 2
Lupin III
Nagano Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
Sound Euphonium

Might watch:
Kuusen Madoushi

I will give several others the 3 episode rule just to see if anything else is good. I will update my list the the better list comes out with the OVAs and movies listed as well.

Update becasue the updated listing has been posted.

Will also watch:
Blade Dance OVA 2
Chaika OVA!
Highschool DxD OVA 2
Trinity Seven OVA
Prisma Illya 2wei OVA
Suisei no Gargantia OVA 2
Sidonia the Movie
Kyoukai no Kanata the Movies 1 and 2
Strike Witches OVA 3

Spring is gonna be busy!
Nagano Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu - aaaaaaaaaaaand dropped. Horrible art by Statelight and the animation leaves much to be desired. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Apr 03 2015, 06:57 PM)Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Satelight is doing the Yuki Nagano anime and NOT Kyoto Animation? This just feels SO WRONG.

Nagano Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu - aaaaaaaaaaaand dropped. Horrible art by Statelight and the animation leaves much to be desired. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.
Well It's a spin-off made by Puyo, not by the original author Nagaru Tanigawa.
The art looks like the manga so no complaints there from me. :3

Version 3.0
QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 31 2015, 10:32 PM)Huh, Seraph of the End also made it in there, that's a surprise.

Am I the only person excited about the new Arislan Senki anime?actually i only saw PVs of 2 Arslan movies and 4 OVAs back from 1991 to 1995, but to not spoil myself i'll try that TV remake first (the novels started in 1986)
ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Apr 03 2015, 12:57 PM) Nagano Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu - aaaaaaaaaaaand dropped. Horrible art by Statelight and the animation leaves much to be desired. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.
You do know that the manga has the same artwork style so it's all good for me you know.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 28 2015, 12:48 PM)I only say that since the third season of Highschool DxD is a given for me to watch of course.
laugh.gif

Well, Woofie-tan, I am hoping for more than flesh and whatnot from this anime.
tongue.gif
Let's see if this third season of Highschool DxD delivers a good action packed story as well as Ria-chan's handsome devilsh brother and the shady Sensei.

Aside from that one I seem to have picked up more than I wanted and hopefully can watch til the end...
Update:
Sidonia no Kishi--one of my favorites
Kekkai Sensen - another favorite
Arslan Senki - dashing knights/a blond Adonis
Triage X - Bad in every respect but still a fun snicker watch
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season - great as always
Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) - amusing fun
Ore Monogatari!! - sweet
Owari no Seraph - another favorite
Re-Kan! -- Dropped as of episode 5--got bored
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2015, 03:58 PM)Aside from that one I seem to have picked up more than I wanted and hopefully can watch til the end...

Arslan Senki
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season
Kyoukai no Rinne (TV)
Ore Monogatari!!
Owari no Seraph
Re-Kan!
Triage X

Just waiting on second season of Sidonia no Kishi and I am set for the Spring.
Highschool DxD is still a show that's on my list of "Have to get around to watching". I have access to it all either dubbed or subbed from my Funi sub, but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Also not sure if I should go dubbed or subbed as I've heard good things about the dub, but that's a question for when I finally start watching.

I'll be following a lot of the same shows.

-Heroic Legend of Arslan looks like a good adventure story, though I know nothing of the source story and never saw the original 90's OVA.
-Fate/stay Night UBW - Of course I'll keep this one.
-Kyoukai no Rinne was only ok for the first episode. I'll keep with it for now, but we'll see.
-My Love Story!! was amazing and incredibly adorable. It's hard not to love the characters from the very start.
-Seraph of the End looks like it will be fun action fighting vampires. Hopefully it turns out that way.
-Plastic Memories is gonna really try to manipulate your emotions, but that's not a bad thing when done well, which I think the first episode was.
-Yahari Ore no Seishun may have some different visuals, but it still sounds like the same series that was surprisingly good from a while ago.
-Sound! Euphonium was plenty enjoyable and a gorgeous looking KyoAni show.
-The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan I'll keep with for now, but watching it does make me miss the visuals of the previous seasons/movies and it feels weird to not be in Kyon's head.
-Triage X does not look like it will be good so it falls more in the lines of "so bad it's good" type of fun. Especially if we get more quality like this.

And then there are a few others that I'm sticking with for now but don't know if I'll stay with or others that I've already dropped.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2015, 03:58 PM) Well, Woofie-tan, I am hoping for more than flesh and whatnot from this anime.
tongue.gif
Let's see if this third season of Highschool DxD delivers a good action packed story as well as Ria-chan's handsome devilsh brother and the shady Sensei.

Aside from that one I seem to have picked up more than I wanted and hopefully can watch til the end...

Arslan Senki
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season
Kyoukai no Rinne (TV)
Ore Monogatari!!
Owari no Seraph
Re-Kan!
Triage X

Just waiting on second season of Sidonia no Kishi and I am set for the Spring.
Well if you're thinking that DxD season 3 going to be plot heavy, then you're going to have to deal with the massive fanservice that will mostly come with each episode too you know.
laugh.gif

Pretty much the story and fanserivce tend to go hand in hand with that series.

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 01 2015, 06:42 PM)My Spring pick:
Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken Season 2
Etotama
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 2
Nisekoi Season 2
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Denpa Kyoshi
Seraph of the End
Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen)
Plastic Memories

Well... In the end, I will be going for: Dana ga nani, Etotama, Nisekoi, Dungeon, Blood blockade (Kekkai Sensen) and (Plastic memories, After it finished).
Snafu I will probably watch after it has completely aired.
Denpa... Already commented upon...
Seraph... Seriously talking about Supressed memories!

Bit sad... Lately each season has gotten less and less good ones, o_O Oh no! please don't tell me we are heading towards a recession?!

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 10 2015, 04:58 PM) Well, Woofie-tan, I am hoping for more than flesh and whatnot from this anime.
tongue.gif

Triage X
o_O i was wondering if anyone was watching this, and why would anyone even consider airing it.

Highschool of the dead was great but Triage feels way to crude, I think the thing that hinges my curiosity the most this quarter is how popular this will be.

Is there any site that posts a season's popularity? like broadcast ratings or blue rays sold?

QUOTE (Masich @ Apr 01 2015, 06:42 PM)My Spring pick:Danna ga Nani o Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken Season 2
Etotama - My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Season 2 - Nisekoi Season 2 - Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Denpa Kyoshi - Seraph of the End - Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen) - Plastic Memories

I can already tell that 4/5 of these will fall off my list.. But it never hurts to give them 2 episodes to try.After 2 months since the last comment I made... it all went down in a spiral except for 2 shows... Etotama & Kekkai Sensen
Every single series apart from it, I honestly just pass out on it because I simply lost every single fiber of interest, even in SNAFU!!! I don't know why, I honestly just thought after 3 episodes... nevermind...
Although in the end, Apart from the ridiculous fanservice at some points...Why didn't I make a thread for Etotama?... Seriously, it was hilarious, to bad for the crappy cgi sort of fights.

QUOTE (Masich @ Jun 25 2015, 12:51 PM) After 2 months since the last comment I made... it all went down in a spiral except for 2 shows... Etotama & Kekkai Sensen
Every single series apart from it, I honestly just pass out on it because I simply lost every single fiber of interest, even in SNAFU!!! I don't know why, I honestly just thought after 3 episodes... nevermind...
Although in the end, Apart from the ridiculous fanservice at some points...Why didn't I make a thread for Etotama?... Seriously, it was hilarious, to bad for the crappy cgi sort of fights.
Really everything? There are still other shows going strong. Kekkai Sensen is probably the strongest for me too, but I dropped Etotama after 2 episodes. Overall it wasn't all that funny and couldn't keep my interest.

Sound Euphonium is probably the 2nd strongest show this season. It's characters, for the most part, feel more like people with real flaws and not like "anime characters", if that means anything. Hopefully people can understand what I'm going for with that.

DanMachi turned out far better than it's title/premise suggest. It has some excellently choreographed fight scenes and fun humor.

Ore Monogatari has been comedy genius at parts and is always good for a laugh. Though the sugary sweet romance at times does get to be too much. The recent beach episode was an absolute riot though.

Shokugeki no Soma has turned into just a fun shounen show that's easy for me to enjoy. It had a rocky start with some of it's poor choices for fan service, but it didn't take long to move the focus away from those fanservice scenes.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches has been one of my favorites with what it does with a harem-y setup that is different from the norm. The problem though is the show really tries to sprint through so much and get from Plot Point A to B to C. I really wish it was 2 cour so they wouldn't have to cram so much into so little time, but I'm still enjoying it.

SNAFU 2 has been better than the first season as well, and not just in visuals which I feel got an upgrade with this season. It's done more to show all the flaws in Hatchiman and the other characters and to bring them out to let the characters learn and grow.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back