In relation to the advertisements

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos
Retired
Recently, I've noticed that the advertisements on the main page (at the top, just under our banner) has been nothing but stuff for "sexy personals" and the like - to include women wearing only lingerie. I know that we're supposed to be a relatively child-friendly site; and hell, we got fights about having a link to the ecchi page in the banner - so I assume that these ads should removed and replaced with something a little more...modest - like the old true swords one or w/e.
It's up to Daft I guess, but thought I'd point it out - I'm more than old enough, and it even bothers me...

I totally felt the same way and was thinking of making a thread about this. These adds are not appropriate and should be removed immediately.

Here's a screenshot of the ad. I also refreshed the page about 8 times after I saw this a few seconds ago and I got the same ad each time only with a different girl in the background of it.

I have put in a request to change the ad preferences. Let me know if something like this happens again, thanks!

Thanks, Daft. How long do you expect it to take before changes are made so that I know when to start keeping my eye out again?

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Apr 29 2007, 02:51 PM) Thanks, Daft. How long do you expect it to take before changes are made so that I know when to start keeping my eye out again?
I would say you need to count at least one business day before the changes are really made.

Are popups something that we can expect now? I've been getting those blasted drivecleaner popups along with the lovely advertisement that goes:
QUOTE WARNING: YOUR MACHINE HAS STORED IMAGES AND URLS. We recommend you download the following security software program to prevent and diagnose further malware and adware infections
Well ... yeah, I have a ton of photos and have bookmarked plenty of pages but they're not likely to curl anyone's hair!
laugh.gif

Malware? Adware infections? What the hell are those? Ummm ... Mac user here!
wink.gif
Pressed the wrong damn button one time but my Mac looked at the filename extension and just and told the programme to naff off.

isn't your browser's popup blocker active? every now and then i accidentally turn safari's popup blocker off, and as soon as i see one of those nasty little windows opening i turn it back on and it's all good again
tongue.gif

QUOTE (darkdog @ May 04 2007, 08:29 AM) isn't your browser's popup blocker active? every now and then i accidentally turn safari's popup blocker off, and as soon as i see one of those nasty little windows opening i turn it back on and it's all good again
tongue.gif

Actually, my MacBook Pro is rather new and the fact that I hadn't been encountering any popups made me forget that they existed. I had been able to been able to believe that I was living in a popup free utopian world!
tongue.gif
It was a bit of a surprise when my favourite site brought me back to earth with such an ugly, poorly composed emotionally blackmailing popup. The ad seemed so out of place that I just thought that I would make mention of it.

darkdog: Having been returned to the real world I am once again blocking popups.

Oh, just encountered a gambling ad (no I don't feel lucky!) then refreshed and receive a blinking ad (I really don't care that I am the 999,999th visitor and you can keep whatever I won!) after which was a disappearing ad (something was there for a second but I blinked and suddenly it was empty space) ... I vote for the last type of ad.
biggrin.gif

May FTV make a tidy sum from the ads and may all the makers of ugly ads that pollute this site be sent to the fiery depths of hell!

Accuse me of being a necro but I feel this post is somewhat necessary. My understanding is this site is a child friendly site. Therefore by that logic the following two adverts must be deemed inappropriate and should therefore be removed:

Please note there are numerous variations of this party girl advert.

This one doesn't look too bad but when you click on the link it leads you to a site of an adult nature. I'm not sure if it is purely an adult site or it has elements of gambling involved. In either case it is not suitable for young children.

Ultimately the final call falls on daft and I understand the advertisements are what keep this site up but I feel to maintain this current child friendly ethos these ads need to be removed.

Ok I think this is where I should post about this - not sure about this.

After being away for 3-4 weeks because of computer problems, I am back on ftv forums. Now I notice every now and then I get an ad when coming into ftv saying "FTV is brought to you by _____ (don't remember the name)", is there anyway to get rid of this? It really makes me feel like I am getting a virus/spyware. To me this is such an incovinence (sp?) to experience this every now and then.

Also I do see adult/mature ads on the top of the page of forums every now and then. Can there be a way to remove these - obvious reason to be more a friendlier site and not expose to underage users.

those (adds mentioned by blckdemondrgn) arent a big worry for me... i've just gotten redirected (with no option to skip or 'FTV is brought to u by _______') to a new page and i cant click back and i have to actually close the whole page to get out of it.
I know a few people were complaining about these adds as of late and i think the adverts are getting too much =/ not to mention annoying - from viruses to addware to pop ups to redirecting with no option to leave unless you click that little red button with an 'x' in it.

These ads dont worry me, but they do annoy me
tongue.gif
especially that Mogi one or whatever that is. I never used to get these, only if I wasn't logged in and went to the main page, but now it's happening more often.
But like blckdemondrgn, I also feel like I'm getting some virus/spyware everytime these ads pops up... actually some of them appear on other websites I visit as well so I started getting paranoid that there is some kind of spyware on my computer
unsure.gif
(of course I did a check and there doesn't seem to be any but still.. unecessary paranoia!!)

I saw the ads blkdemondrgn mentioned today when I accessed the site from work.
they were present only when I was viewing the site as a guest, as soon as I logged in, those ads vanished into thin air
at home I always keep my cookie jar full, so, whenever I visit FTV I am logged automatically (though I didn't try logging out and then back in)

as to the rest of the ads, may daft forgive me, I am using an ad blocker (AdBlock Plus) with my Firefox browser (which can also be used on Macs
tongue.gif
)
so, for the most parts I don't see any ads

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back