guests commenting on blog

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Noshi

-sama
Retired
Is it possible for non ftv members to comment on my blog?
someone named "wluhbyzj" commented my hello world post with "wluhbyzj". hm

@samthebear: I had some problems around a musicplayer as well, but I just went for the feature from playlist.com (as you can see on my blog) XD

QUOTE (Noshi @ Mar 24 2008, 08:17 AM) Is it possible for non ftv members to comment on my blog?
someone named "wluhbyzj" commented my hello world post with "wluhbyzj". hm

@samthebear: I had some problems around a musicplayer as well, but I just went for the feature from playlist.com (as you can see on my blog) XD
wluhbyzj does not seem to be a Fansub.TV member so I'm not sure why s/he was able to submit a comment.
blink.gif
I'll ask the boss about it.
biggrin.gif

Is the comment still waiting to be approved? I can't see it on your Hello World page.

wluhbyzj | google.com/search?q=fitdvyym | IP: 68.100.95.176

wluhbyzj

wluhbyzj

Mar 20, 4:22 AM — [ Edit | Delete ] — View post “Hello world!”

Bulk action: Approve Spam Delete No action

AccipiterF1 & Noshi: Mark those comments as spam and post here with information regarding any other spammers (hopefully there won't be any more).

cant you delete them yourself? to begin with they shouldnt have the ability to post within your blog unless you accept their first comment that they made on your blog.

So far I haven't accepted any comments of people who don't have a ftv account =/
this one is a first, and I ignored it for now. I'll mark it as spam and post again if I get another one.

QUOTE (noob @ Mar 24 2008, 02:41 PM) cant you delete them yourself? to begin with they shouldnt have the ability to post within your blog unless you accept their first comment that they made on your blog.
Of course we can delete them but that's not the point.

With only registration vetted FTV members supposedly able to post comments, I turned off the hassle of moderation because I could just deal with comments I found inappropriate after the fact. But because this shows the possibility of random spamming, I guess I'll switch it back on now.

FTV members are not the only ones allowed to post comments. Check your options -> Privacy and you can control who sees your blog so that search engines don't direct to it - but otherwise your blog is fair game to anyone.

You should also note that it says under Privacy:
QUOTE Restrict the blog to logged in users (no other restriction, anyone can create a username, login and read your blog).

So even if you have to be logged in, it's not like it's difficult to do so~

yeh but it was not as if "anyone can create a username, login and read your blog" because like nahrallah said, the ones commenting on mine and accipiter's blogs had no ftv accounts, clicking on their 'accounts' took us to google search.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back