Skip Beat!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

himeko24

Kouhai
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama

Plot:
Kyoko Mogami, a wistful yet cheery sixteen year-old girl who loves her childhood friend, Shotaro, but is cruelly betrayed and thus seeks revenge against him. She used to spend a lot of time at Shotaro's parents' inn and learned a lot about housekeeping, hostelry, and other stereotypically correct feminine jobs (sewing, cooking, serving tea traditionally, etc.). Shotaro, not wishing to take over his parents' inn, becomes bored of living in Kyoto and decides to move to Tokyo to pursue a career in music. Sho, as he is called by his fans, asks Kyoko to leave high school in Kyoto Prefecture and her life behind to help him. Upon arrival in Tokyo, Kyoko lives an unreasonably frugal life, spending nothing on herself and doing whatever she can for Sho, who is ranked seventh in the top twenty most popular entertainers of Japan. It appears that Shotaro never helps with the cost of food, apartment, or necessary products. However, one day as she brings him his lunch at a company building, she overhears Sho complaining about her to his manager, saying that she is a boring and plain girl that he'd like to be rid of, proceeding to sweet-talk and flirt with his manager, whereas he hadn't even put his arm around Kyoko in her life. Unlike other heroines in the same situation, Kyoko doesn't shed many tears when she learns that Sho thinks she's only good for housekeeping. Instead, her "Pandora's box" opens and she vows vengeance on Shotaro. Enraged, Kyoko attempts to attack Sho, but is instantly carried off by security. Sho mockingly tells her that if she wants revenge, she had better become a bigger star than him. And so Kyoko, vowing revenge, changed her appearance and started to enter the entertainment business. Little did she know that her journey will not go as smooth as she thought. Skip Beat follows Kyoko's journey to climb the showbiz ladder as she meets interesting people along the way, all in the hopes of revenge and finding herself in the end.

I first started reading the manga when I watched the first couple episodes of the anime(which was recently released) and I fell in love with it. I love this story and I love Kyoko's character. It's hillarious and I love the demons that come out of her.
Anyone else reading this manga. I'm so excited about reading the rest of the manga and watching the anime, even though I already know the story.

Good day!

may i ask a full video of skip beat with english translation. i really had a hardtime looking for an english version. honestly i cant catch up the whole japanese version. i have this kind of judgment that this anime is one of a kind, however, it would be nice if everybody knows and understand the whole story in english. i would be pleased if this request of mine would be given previledge. thank you.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back