Amatsuki

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Amatsuki
Japanese Title: あまつき
Genre: Action, Fantasy, Comedy, Historical, Supernatural, Romance, Parallel Universe, Sci-Fi (to a certain extent)
Original Creator: Shinobu Takayama

Basic Info:

Amatsuki (あまつき, 天月) is an ongoing manga series by Takayama Shinobu serialized in Zero-Sum Magazine.

Synopsis:

Tokidoki is a Japanese high school student who, when he fails his history class, is sent to a high-tech history museum that virtually recreates the Edo period to do make-up work. However, what was supposed to be a simple school project becomes much more complicated when he's attacked by two supernatural beings known as "the nue" and "the yakou" and loses the vision in his left eye. After he's saved from the nue by a girl named Kuchiha, he realizes that he's no longer wearing the simulation goggles, and is trapped in the virtual Edo. Meanwhile in the real world, Sensai Corporation, the virtual reality company who made the virtual museum Tokidoki is trapped in, is seen throughout the story.

(~from WIKI~)

Manga Covers: -

My Thoughts:

I just finished reading volume 2, which is already covered in the anime. The anime uses up material from the first 4 volumes of the manga. However, its best to read the manga from chapter 1 because it contains stuff that were omitted in the anime such as this Hashita fellow in the real world trying to expose a so-called Sensai Corporation........I don't know how they are connected apart from being related to the museum exhibition that happened at the beginning of this story.
rolleyes.gif

The manga is good and I honestly consider it to be one of my favourite mangas but damn is it f*cked up......I'm just dying to unravel the mystery. I'll be continuing to read this.
biggrin.gif

I've caught up with the latest scanlated chapter....Chapter 49 of Volume 9.
biggrin.gif

**SPOILERS AHEAD......READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!**

Well....Kon is the client from the looks of it. WOW....not only is this series amazing with a bucket load of twists but it really loves to confuse the reader....mind-f*cking you at every chance.

I believe the latest chapter for this series is like 67 or 68. I'm now wondering whether I should start reading the RAWs or wait for the scans. They usually take a lot of time when it comes to releasing but starting this year, they have been releasing at least once a month and less than a week ago released chapter 46 to 49 (4 chapters) but since this time of year traditionally means EXAM-TIME for many students and I guess the staff for the scanlation group are students themselves, I don't expect more releases until July.

WIKI is full of spoilers.....I read them and am a bit annoyed since it seems like it happens in the chapters that haven't been scanlated yet.

I'm a bit confused as to why Byakuroku became suddenly violent and gave into temptation......was that the priestesses attacked him and he retaliated only to be bathed in their blood and perhaps that how the madness in him spread.....resulting in the tragic confrontation.

From the previous chapters, Ginshu.....aka Ayame is a female but once her soul was put into the male/non-gender Byakuroku's body.....hence, she lost her female identity.

I believe Bonten and Ayame were in love but since the incident, they could not go back to what they once used to be. Its sad. =(

Also, the female characters in Amatsuki are just absolutely HAWT like Shiraii-chan, Tsurume, Kuchiha, Chitose and that female doctor, who slapped Hashita.

I hate the fact, the anime didn't include the subplot with Hashita, Lily, Wakase, Aeonbi and Shiraii-chan but I guess they didn't because they wanted to make the anime less confusing and because of this revelation......this definitely rules out a chance for a second season....don't you think ??

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back