Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Masich

-san
Sempai
A18136-3849392190.1466745675.jpg

Title: The Ancient Magus' Bride: Those Awaiting a Star
Japanese: 魔法使いの嫁 星待つひと
Genres: Fantasy, Magic
Airing Date: 10/9/2016 - 9/9/2017 (OVA 3 Episodes)
Original Creator: Kore Yamazaki
Character Design: Hirotaka Katō
Director: Norihiro Naganuma
Written by: Kore Yamazaki, Aya Takaha
Music by: Junichi Matsumoto
Sound Director: Shoji Hata
CGI Director: Shin'ya Sugai
Director of Photography: Mayo Suzuki
Studio: Wit Studio
Distributor: Shochiku

c1-img.jpg
c2-img.jpg
c3-img.jpg

Chise Hatori voiced by: Atsumi Tanezaki
Elias Ainsworth voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi
Ruth voiced by: Kōki Uchiyama
c4-img.jpg
c5-img.jpg
c6-img.jpg

Silky voiced by: Aya Endō
Simon Kalm voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa
Angelica Barlei voiced by: Yūko Kaida

TV PVs & CMs: http://magus-bride.jp/pv/
Official website: http://magus-bride.jp/index.html
Synopsis: Chise Hatori is 15-year-old orphan. She has no relatives, means, or hopes until a demonic sorcerer who is not human buys her. He states that Chise will now be his apprentice and bride.

Masich's Comment: Weird how The first PV (April) showed to us like... Give or take 17 chapters worth of images and The Second PV (June) crushed Many people's interest / curiosity and even hope, by suddenly being a prequel.
Others do hope that there may eventually be an actual series. Which on the other hand, a lot of people now don't see it happening, due to this having been turned into a prequel of course. Although I more question why its only 1 episode per 6 months? and Why Show a PV of the next episode at the end of the first one, while its 6 months away? In any case I, myself, had hoped for more. It looks very decent, but, yeah... why not a series? T.T

QUOTE (Masich @ Sep 10 2016,04:28 PM)people now don't see it happening, due to this having been turned into a prequel of course. Although I more question why its only 1 episode per 6 months? and Why Show a PV of the next episode at the end of the first one, while its 6 months away? In any case I, myself, had hoped for more. It looks very decent, but, yeah... why not a series? T.Tlast month I thought it was kind of pointless, to start a new topic for only 3 eps
by Imagine-nation‘s promo, guess I‘ll wait to watch until all 0VAs are subbed
sleep.gif

I love this manga! (Futali no renai shoka is also pretty good, from the same mangaka!)

It manages to combine all kinds of Genres into something really unique and amazing. Slice of life, fantasy/urban fantasy, romance, etc.

It deserves a full series, but I wouldn't mind seeing quarterly OVAs of it instead- the animation is so much more vibrant than the usual TV fare, and this series really demands all the detail with all the spirits and magic floating about.
laugh.gif

Just saw the 3 or 1 preview and 2 OVAs for "The Ancient Magus Bride" ... or Mahoutsukai no Yome.. nice setup for the anime series this fall... based on an ongoing manga... lots of familiar stuff packaged together quite well.

gdpetti said:
I liked those OVAs for '...no Yome'... and put it in my list for this season... so finally it shall arrive... What didn't you like about those OVAs? I assume you are saying the manga is better in some way? better source material is always a good thing to have.
Well the thing I have with the OVAs is that the manga series already showed all certain moments as flashbacks throughout some of the chapters. It may not be everything the OVAs have shown (Heck I don't even know what the 3rd ova will show). but you do get the picture of her having had a difficult childhood. Which in the original source is woven throughout the series in very well timed moments.
So, I, question, the use of showing 3 OVAs upfront instead of starting with a mysterious beginning, that gets explained in the series bit by bit.
To say, if the anime were to follow the original source? We will see that when it airs. But, I personally still find it a bit of a spoiler. Taking away the mystery.

Hmmm, you read the manga.... now i understand... as you or someone else said, these OVAs could have been used as a test for the production company or whoever it them made, to test interest... is it often the case that the OVA material gets covered again in the anime series, but differently as you said the manga did? I remember that was the case in other OVAs that got the 'green light' for a anime series.... then the question becomes how many eps/cours? depends on interest, length of original source material etc....

Mahoutsukai no Yome .... or The Ancient Magus Bride... should be starting... or has already.. haven't seen a dub posted yet... just saw the third part of the OVA posted and watched it... had to go back and see the previous 2n ep again to remember what was going on.... very well done... the Mayoiga tie in was interesting... intentional? Same with the Ghibli looking 'No Name' folklore character... is this a common depiction for the character that others have used? I do think I've seen it used before somewhere. Either way, the OVA is excellent, if you like this sort of material... rather emotionally driven character... thought it was a project by Mari Okada, but I guess it isn't from the Wiki entry.... similar feel, the anination in the OVAs is excellent... writing is excellent... so far, I hope the rest remains that way. Based on a manga series.... 8 volumes and ongoing.. hmmm... already scheduled for 24 eps.

The Ancient Magus' Bride Tv series, erm is it a must to marathon 3 0VAs now?

Norren said:
I love this manga! (Futali no renai shoka is also pretty good, from the same mangaka!)

It manages to combine all kinds of Genres into something really unique and amazing. Slice of life, fantasy/urban fantasy, romance, etc.

It deserves a full series
there ;p was worth our wait for ep.1, yet how Shirayuki ended here after S2?;)

I got around to watching the first episode.
Personally happy that I skipped most of the 2nd ova and the entirety of the 3rd one, because, there will be enough drama as it is (especially in the next 23 episodes).

I must say, they cheaped out on the OP & ED in animation and that I hate both of the songs, it does not feel like it belongs with it. Also, if that opening is to stay I can only say one thing... Is She Acting in a Drama Theater? because that's how the first minute of the OP looks like! Quote: To Be! Or Not To Be! Is never the question, It's a statement.

I still liked everything outside of the OP & ED, it actually captured the manga very well, but, we shall see how it continues^^

Masich said:
I got around to watching the first episode.
Personally happy that I skipped most of the 2nd ova and the entirety of the 3rd one, because, there will be enough drama as it is (especially in the next 23 episodes).

I must say, they cheaped out on the OP & ED in animation and that I hate both of the songs, it does not feel like it belongs with it.
ok a vote against and 1 in favor (gdpetti) to watch its 0VAs, but yes OP/ED feel even more out of place than SSR... now ep'2 sleight beggy again ;( is it official? still nice magic lesson from MILF mage, aside their honeymoon got ruined <_<

Nice artwork in those posters.... I like to wait for a couple more eps first... but loved the OVAs, not knowing anything about it before.... the manga that is... so good advertising to sell it.... since that is what these animes are mostly made for, right? since most of them only get after midnight airings?

Storyline is rich... something to look forward to.

Masich said:
Let's try: Sleigh Beggy, Sleigh Beggy, Sleigh Beggy, Sleigh Beggy, (Bleeds out of his ears) Does that say enough?

I enjoy how this series still follows everything so far, but... The Sleigh Beggy and the Music is getting annoying! I mean, come on during that talk about the differences of a normal person and sorcerer, what deaf person placed that music timing!? and instead of that trip back being all beautiful in scenery (which it was) the music however still felt out of place! I'm happy this is not my only series of this season and that I watch this first and afterwards 2 other comedy series or I would've been tired.
ok fine ;( Slight Veggie! Sly Beggar? Slag Beigel :/ nop i just can't, ep.3's dragon caretaker said 3 times but subs fail... Any fansub correcting them yet? So aside Net-juu what's your other comedy pick, if It's not Imotosae then Blend S?:huh:

Ryu said:
now ep'2 sleight beggy again ;( is it official?
Let's try: Sleigh Beggy, Sleigh Beggy, Sleigh Beggy, Sleigh Beggy, (Bleeds out of his ears) Does that say enough?

I enjoy how this series still follows everything so far, but... The Sleigh Beggy and the Music is getting annoying! I mean, come on during that talk about the differences of a normal person and sorcerer, what deaf person placed that music timing!? and instead of that trip back being all beautiful in scenery (which it was) the music however still felt out of place! I'm happy this is not my only series of this season and that I watch this first and afterwards 2 other comedy series or I would've been tired.

Masich said:
Yea, it's impossible to avoid the S&B words (not gonna type them).

On to episode 3 comment: I know everything that's to come as I read the manga. Which makes the whole S&B annoying to hear, but we have to move on from that, no matter how many times it will be said in the future...
yup I'll just ignore both from now on as fansubs can't care less, btw if you still dislike how emo is Chise and 0P/ED... don't read their translated lyrics ;p ep'4, it's been a while since i saw realistic cats in new anime except they talk here :)

I see we have a series and OVA going at the same time I take it. From the looks of the OVA it gives Chise's backstory as to how she initially met Elias I see. Honestly when I hard the premise of this series I kind of wanted to watch it, and I'm glad I'm watching it.

Kid-Wolf said:
I see we have a series and OVA going at the same time I take it. From the looks of the OVA it gives Chise's backstory as to how she initially met Elias
supposedly its 0VA prequel trilogy is over, I have only watched tv and special...
so as the Cat Kingdom arc ends in ep.5, Any name suggestions for my kitty?:p

Ryu said:
ok fine ;( Slight Veggie! Sly Beggar? Slag Beigel :/ nop i just can't. So aside Net-juu what's your other comedy pick, if It's not Imotosae then Blend S? :huh:
Yea, it's impossible to avoid the S&B words (not gonna type them).

On to episode 3 comment: I know everything that's to come as I read the manga. Which makes the whole S&B annoying to hear, but we have to move on from that, no matter how many times it will be said in the future... In any case I enjoyed episode 3, it even made the succubus cry, so I was laughing myself to death. However, after that certain ''tree'' scene I got annoyed because, as it was in the manga, she still finds a way to twist it all to herself.
My thing with Mahou Tsukai no Yome, I enjoy the series, I love it! I just hate Chise's character! I know her back story! but I still find her a freaking pain! Why do I still watch/read? Because all those other characters are incredible!

Aside from this and Net-juu? Well, You guessed it. :p

gdpetti said:
As for the songs? :rolleyes: I usually skip them, front and back, unless I really like it, which isn't often... only a few do I remember, but it's part of the market in Japan, right? as these animes are like combined music videos along the original source material work? Isn't that right? So, they are pushing one singer this time in this anime, another one in another... etc, right?
guess so but i'm enjoying Image Songs especially ep.6, way better than OP/ED like SukaSuka (death as Main topic too?)... now Titania xD this name really fits that bouncy, Faerie queen over Asuna in SA0 yet Both 0berons are twisted :lol:

Guess I can venture forth to watch the first half season.... loved the OVAs.... which might have given too much away of her character as some have said, but wasn't it used to get financing for this project? Isn't that how it works? testing the audience, the studio's work etc? As for the songs? :rolleyes: I usually skip them, front and back, unless I really like it, which isn't often... only a few do I remember, but it's part of the market in Japan, right? as these animes are like combined music videos along the original source material work? Isn't that right? So, they are pushing one singer this time in this anime, another one in another... etc, right? not so much what works best for the anime usually, but what the financial contributors want to push?

gdpetti said:
Nice artwork in those posters.... I like to wait for a couple more eps first... but loved the OVAs, not knowing anything about it before.... the manga that is... so good advertising to sell it.... since that is what these animes are mostly made for, right? since most of them only get after midnight airings?
Storyline is rich... something to look forward to.
i don't try OVAs yet but why you didn't wait for all 3 after a year, preferring to see many eps at once instead of weekly?... So ep.7 got even more serious with Ruth, last in main cast then Elias' true form I doubt Chise still wishes death -_-

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back