Shirobako

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
'
Title: White Box ~Ueyama High School Animation Club~
Japanese: SHIROBAKO~上山高校アニメーション同好会~
Airing date: 9/10/2014 (TV series 24 episodes, TV special and 2 OVAs)
Genres: Comedy, Drama, School, Slice of life
Original creators: Kenji Sugihara and Mizutama
Original character designer: Ponkan8
Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Written by: Michiko Yokote
Music by: Shirō Hamaguchi
Chief animation director and character designer: Kanami Sekiguchi
Art directors: Tsukasa Kakizakai and Yusuke Takeda
Sound director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Director of photography: Yukiyo Kajiwara
3D director: Kazuya Sugao
Background art by: Hiromasa Ogura
Color design by: Katsue Inoue
Editing by: Ayumu Takahashi
Special effects by: Chie Katō
Studio: P.A. Works
Network: Tokyo MX, TVA, MBS, TUT, BS Fuji, AT-X
Opening theme: "COLORFUL BOX" by Yōko Ishida
Ending theme: "Animetic Love Letter" by Juri Kimura, Haruka Yoshimura and Haruka Chisuga
2nd OP theme: "Takarabako -Treasure Box- (宝箱-TREASURE BOX-)" by Masami Okui
2nd ED theme: "Platinum Jet (プラチナジェット)" by Doughnut◎Quintet (どーなつ◎くいんてっと)
ED theme (ep.19): "Yama Harinezumi (Mountain Hedgehog) Andes Chucky (山はりねずみアンデスチャッキー)" by Miyuki Kunitake

Main cast: Aoi Miyamori (宮森 あおい) voiced by Juri Kimura (production assistant)
Ema Yasuhara (安原 絵麻) voiced by Haruka Yoshimura (key animator)
Shizuka Sakaki (坂木 しずか) voiced by Haruka Chisuga (voice actress)
Misa Tōdō (藤堂 美沙) voiced by Asami Takano (3DCG operator)
Midori Iwai (今井 みどり) voiced by Hitomi Ōwada (scriptwriter)
Supporting cast: Yutaka Honda (本田 豊) voiced by Shūya Nishiji (production desk)
Tarō Takanashi (高梨 太郎) voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino (production assistant)

Erika Yano (矢野 エリカ) voiced by Yuri Yamaoka (production assistant)
Tatsuya Ochiai (落合 達也) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (production assistant)
Shun Watanabe (渡辺 隼) voiced by Masaya Matsukaze (line producer)
Rinko Ogasawara (小笠 原綸子) voiced by Ai Kayano (character designer)
Yuka Okitsu (興津 由佳) voiced by Mai Nakahara (general manager)
Mimsy (ミムジー) & Lolo (ロロ) voiced by Juri Kimura
Masato Marukawa (丸川 正人) voiced by Wataru Takagi (Musani president) and Yūsuke Kobayashi (young)
Hironori Madoka (円 宏則) voiced by Hironori Saitō (episode director)
Masashi Yamada (山田 昌志) voiced by Kenji Hamada (episode director)
Yoshiki Sakura (佐倉 良樹) voiced by Kengo Takanashi (director of photography)
TV series PV#1 (Comiket 86): http://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZR6fCnPcvA?autoplay=1&rel=0
TV series PV#2 (Comiket 87): http://www.youtube.com/embed/fNWc-8N1LfI?autoplay=1&rel=0
Official website: http://www.shirobako-anime.com

Synopsis: A "shirobako" refers to the white box into which a finalized tape of a film is put, full of the effort of everyone who worked on it. Five girls have their eyes set on getting in a white box as they try to find success in the anime industry through writing, production, and voice acting. The story revolves around the everyday troubles and hardships that occur when working in the anime industry, and the results and conflicts that happen day-to-day among the group of girls.

QUOTE (Masich @ Sep 19 2014, 02:27 PM)Shirobako (Not my favorite, but I give it a chance).well ep.1 felt a bit too rushed but still i'm liking how it went and the cliffhanger, would be hilarious to see a series about Studio Passione animating Rail Wars
laugh.gif

I can't really say much as I don't know how the episodes will play, are we focusing on one character or are they going to randomly switch with a girl for each episode?, I'll see that as it continues.
There isn't really much of a plot, it is a average day, in a studio from the point of view of one of the five girls (I presume).
I don't hate this serie (By far), but, I also don't find it great... Flat/Neutral?? got nothing bad or good to say about it, guess it still has to make a start.

it interests me now that Nozaki-kun ended (shoujo manga making), Genshiken (doujin) and Bakuman (manga to anime)... so far just Taro annoys me but ep'2 was funny with its Arupin-mania, how many times they repeated this name?
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 16 2014, 07:01 PM) it interests me now that Nozaki-kun ended (shoujo manga making), Genshiken (doujin) and Bakuman (manga to anime)... so far just Taro annoys me but ep'2 was funny with its Arupin-mania, how many times they repeated this name?
laugh.gif

There are a lot of animes and mangas about the industry, just out of the top of my head and aside the ones you mentioned, mangaka to asistant, doujin work, O/A (operation aurora, manga), koe de oshigoto! (lmao), ikusaba animation, baka ga zenra de yatekuru, and a few others i can't mention here.

Its a nice genre, a story about someone trying to make it in the industry is always a nice read/watch.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Oct 16 2014, 09:12 PM)Its a nice genre, a story about someone trying to make it in the industry is always a nice read/watch.i agree like you pointed i saw too many other similar series, but i just posted as example the ones i remember most... also Im enjoying it yet its pace goes a bit too fast, some studios should learn from ep.4 titled 'No More Recap Episodes'
tongue.gif

so with ep'10 finally Aoi's studio will deliver Exodus finale, also released as OVA (like Genshiken's kujibiki unbalance) xD... it'll continue next year in a 2nd cour, hopefully she and her friends can realize their dream making animes together
smile.gif

Shirobako OVAs, Exodus! and The Third Girls Aerial Squad

Japanese: えくそだすっ! / 第三飛行少女隊
Release dates: 25/2/2015 (bundled with 3rd BR/DVD) and 24/6/2015 (with 7th BR/DVD)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Seiichi Kinoshita (木下誠一) voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama
Character designer: Iguchi Yumi (井口祐未) voiced by Manami Numakura
Animation supervisors: Misato Segawa (瀬川 美里) by Kotomi Yamakawa and Ryōsuke Endō (遠藤 亮介) by Shinobu Matsumoto
Key animation: Shigeru Sugie (杉江 茂) voiced by Motoi Koyanagi and Shinya Takahashi (young)
3D director: Yūichirō Shimoyanagi (下柳 雄一郎) voiced by Junji Majima
Record producer: Gōtarō Katsuragi (葛城 剛太郎) voiced by Nobuyuki Kobushi

Animation inspector: Chiemi Dōmoto (堂本 知恵美) voiced by Shizuka Itō
Color setting by: Nao Shinkawa (新川 奈緒) voiced by Mari Hino
Production assistants: Tsubaki Andō (安藤 つばき) voiced by Ikumi Hayama and Sara Satō (佐藤 沙羅) by Madoka Yonezawa
Chief production assistant: Daisuke Hiraoka (平岡 大輔) voiced by Yūsuke Kobayashi
In-between animator: Ai Kunogi (久乃木 愛) voiced by Shiori Izawa
Written by: Shimeji Maitake (舞茸しめじ) voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu
Studio: Musashino Animation (武蔵野アニメーション)
Opening theme: "I'm Sorry Exodus" (あいむそーりーEXODUS)" by Tracy (Mai Nakahara, Shizuka Itō & Ai Kayano)
Ending theme: "C Melo kara Ai wo Komete (Cメロから愛を込めて)" by Akane (Mai Nakahara)
Main cast: Akane (あかね) voiced by Mei Nakaharu (Mai Nakahara)
Aya (あや) voiced by Suzuka Itō (Shizuka Itō)
Arupin (あるぴん) voiced by Mui Kayana (Ai Kayano)
Aria Shunkashūtō (春夏秋冬 ありあ) voiced by Kyōko Suzuki (Hisako Kanemoto)
Catherine (キャサリン) voiced by Suzuka Itō (Shizuka Itō)
Tatiana (タチアナ) voiced by Hiroko Tokiwa (Yuri Yamaoka)
Noa (ノア) voiced by Eri Asagami (Manami Numakura)
Christine (クリスティーネ) voiced by Ayano Makise (Madoka Yonezawa)
Supporting cast: Onee-san (お姉さん) voiced by Manami Numakura
Miho Koigakubo (恋ヶ窪 三保) voiced by Kotomi Yamakawa
Taguchi (タグチ) voiced by Jun Fukushima
1st OVA PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/eIZRT4TeKNU?autoplay=1&rel=0
Official website: http://musani.jp/

Necropinion: nice Exodus OVA subbed yesterday, Im looking forward the next
smile.gif

Yea, just finished the series, not the 2 specials yet... but I like this genre, which from the 2 others I've seen... or was it 1?
huh.gif
The fast pace works well given the tight time constraints in any tv project with their tight budgets.... same here in the States.... well, somewhat... as most major US studios have a large budget... same with the films... unless you go real indie projects that are usually on shoestring budget, more like a college project ususally...which is what many of them are.

I like the visualizations given to the director's images of the projects he's working on.. imagining himself as the object or character in the storyline. A few gag type characters such as the ad assistant who really isn't representing the mangaka at all... 'a funny thing happened'. I really doubt that one would occur, but it could have been turned just a little differently.. doesn't really matter, as they were really trying to squeeze so much of the behind the scenes people and work aspects into this one.

Would like to see another season.

gdpetti said:
I like the visualizations given to the director's images of the projects he's working on.. imagining himself as the object or character in the storyline. A few gag type characters such as the ad assistant who really isn't representing the mangaka at all... 'a funny thing happened'. I really doubt that one would occur, but it could have been turned just a little differently.. doesn't really matter, as they were really trying to squeeze so much of the behind the scenes people and work aspects into this one.

Would like to see another season.
Or meanwhile you can try Girlish Number currently airing, is like Shirobako and a bit of IM@S SG yet more harsh... by 0regairu's author after all but focused on how they see such industry, especially ep'7 about moms from 2 idol seiyuus

Liked Girlish better, though I liked this one as well... the MC in Girlish has a rather uniquely odd personality working for her that makes her stand out among all the other trope types... mostly attitude... oddly interesting combination.

gdpetti said:
Liked Girlish better, though I liked this one as well... the MC in Girlish has a rather uniquely odd personality working for her that makes her stand out among all the other trope types... mostly attitude... oddly interesting combination.
also i think Sakura quest is getting as good this season up to ep.3, not just has a similar Shirobako vibe (same studio)... Then again 5 main girls work together now, but rural tourism board instead of anime company at city interestingly :d

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back